Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:48   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
1066kgs kerb-weight for a sedan!? Whoa. Now that's is feather weight.

Thanks to that wheelbase, Nissan say that the US-Versa can carry 5 full-sized Americans!
That - my friend - is utter rubbish by Nissan. Versa is even smaller than Sentra. I have driven the Sentra as a rental and it's good for 4 full size Indians - forget about 5 full size Americans in a Versa.
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:12   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta

That - my friend - is utter rubbish by Nissan. Versa is even smaller than Sentra. I have driven the Sentra as a rental and it's good for 4 full size Indians - forget about 5 full size Americans in a Versa.
Sunny is told to be more spacious than even the Sentra. Media reports say it's as big as the Corolla inside.

Last edited by .anshuman : 3rd August 2011 at 11:54. Reason: added a point
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:23   #108
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Any idea on the USP for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
  • Should be a fairly spacious car from the looks of it. We finally may have a spacious car which is of good quality in the C segment, apart from the ANHC. The Etios and Manza have spacious cabins, but lack on quality. Fluidic is clearly a compromise on the rear seat. NFF is hardly spacious.
I think this will be the (almost) USP. Being spacious and hopefully high quality. On paper, it has the specs for it.

Quote:
1066kgs kerb-weight for a sedan!? Whoa. Now that's is feather weight.
IIRC, the Etios and Accent are well under 1000kgs. This may also mean a more Fuel Efficient car.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:10   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
In that case, you mean to say that the BMW 5-Series, Merc E-Class and the SW Lexus LS also sport poor rear seat space?

If that is how it is, then why do the reviews by Autoblog and Car & Driver say that the new Versa is good for 5?

Check this out.

"In contrast to subcompacts like the Ford Fiesta, the Versa has been and continues to be a proud member of the EPA/SAE compact-sedan category, with 90 cubic feet of passenger room and a 14.8-cubic-foot trunk. The back seat is actually the focal point of the new edition, in large part because it offers chairlike seating for three and legroom topping—if not plushness remotely approaching—that found in the BMW 5-series, Mercedes-Benz E-class, and short-wheelbase Lexus LS."

Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
[/list]I think this will be the (almost) USP. Being spacious and hopefully high quality. On paper, it has the specs for it.

IIRC, the Etios and Accent are well under 1000kgs. This may also mean a more Fuel Efficient car.
But I'm not quite sure if the above were meant to satisfy tough crash-tests. This car, I believe is.

Last edited by designersf : 2nd August 2011 at 11:12.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:32   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In that case, you mean to say that the BMW 5-Series, Merc E-Class and the SW Lexus LS also sport poor rear seat space?

If that is how it is, then why do the reviews by Autoblog and Car & Driver say that the new Versa is good for 5?

Check this out.

"In contrast to subcompacts like the Ford Fiesta, the Versa has been and continues to be a proud member of the EPA/SAE compact-sedan category, with 90 cubic feet of passenger room and a 14.8-cubic-foot trunk. The back seat is actually the focal point of the new edition, in large part because it offers chairlike seating for three and legroom topping—if not plushness remotely approaching—that found in the BMW 5-series, Mercedes-Benz E-class, and short-wheelbase Lexus LS."

Link

But I'm not quite sure if the above were meant to satisfy tough crash-tests. This car, I believe is.

I haven't had the fortune to adorn myself on the rear seat of the three mentioned cars - so cannot comment on the comparison.
But versa is and shall remain a subcompact which is smaller than Sentra. The current gen versa sedan is in fact is based on Nissan Micra.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:53   #111
BHPian

I have been in a Sentra, I would not rate it as very spacious, it is just about ok, I feel Manza is better then Sentra in that category.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:01   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I haven't had the fortune to adorn myself on the rear seat of the three mentioned cars - so cannot comment on the comparison.
But versa is and shall remain a subcompact which is smaller than Sentra. The current gen versa sedan is in fact is based on Nissan Micra.
Maybe based on the Micra but its wheelbase is 2601mm (Indigo Manza is 2520mm) while that of Micra is 2450mm. That's a 15cm increase over the Micra (and 8cm over the Manza). If we go by the figures, it sounds good but anyways let's wait for the real deal and see.

Last edited by designersf : 2nd August 2011 at 12:03.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:12   #113
BHPian

Just received this picture from a close friend
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissan-sunny.jpg  

puneetghai1978 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:06   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe based on the Micra but its wheelbase is 2601mm (Indigo Manza is 2520mm) while that of Micra is 2450mm. That's a 15cm increase over the Micra (and 8cm over the Manza). If we go by the figures, it sounds good but anyways let's wait for the real deal and see.
One reason for the Manza to feel spacious is it's height - the tall-boy like design. Though I expect the Sunny to be fairly spacious, it is unlikely to feel more roomy than the Manza. The sloping roofline above the rear bench is an indicator.
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:51   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yup, confirmed. The car will be unveiled on 3rd August 2011, that is day after tomorrow.
Any news from launch. Somehow i feel that this sedan is not creating the hype/interest it should create before launch. Don't know how it will be once the Car is launched.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 3rd August 2011 at 11:59.
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:32   #116
BHPian

Nissan sedan to be called Sunny. Nisan Sunny has been launched in India. Check the details from motoroids & motorbeam

Nissan

Nissan
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:47   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Nissan sedan to be called Sunny. Nisan Sunny has been launched in India. Check the details from motoroids & motorbeam

Nissan

Nissan
It's not quite a launch. It's a showcase. The real launch will be later in a few months during the festive season. A bit like what Ford did with the Fiesta.

This car is longer, with a greater wheelbase, and wider than the City. The Sunny is supposed to have great rear leg room. With a frugal petrol engine, it may be a worthy successor to the NHC for those who are chauffeur driven.

Last edited by StarScream : 3rd August 2011 at 13:50.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:49   #118
e46
BHPian

aint "Sunny" pose model name registration confilicts (with that of Bajaj Sunny)?
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:34   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
It's not quite a launch. It's a showcase. The real launch will be later in a few months during the festive season. A bit like what Ford did with the Fiesta.

This car is longer, with a greater wheelbase, and wider than the City. The Sunny is supposed to have great rear leg room. With a frugal petrol engine, it may be a worthy successor to the NHC for those who are chauffeur driven.
I so hope its not just a showcase but actual deliveries happen soon.

Nissan please don't do what Ford did.

Cheers
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:14   #120
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : A Full Review of the Nissan Sunny has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the review thread. This thread is closed.

Some pics. courtesy IAB :
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnypictures4.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnypictures6.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnypictures7.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnypictures8.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnypictures9.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2011 at 18:04. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks