Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Almera?That a different line of Nissan sedans,i think a segment above this one.I think nissan will come up with a new name for this one,maybe India specific.Sunny would sound a bit silly here

Side profile is very teana-ish.

Nissan needs to bolster its delearship network,even after so long Micra sales are still languishing at the 1,000-1,500 mark.
Old 3rd May 2011, 09:59   #32
BHPian

re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The car could be renamed "Almera"
That's a long dead name in Europe

File:Nissan Almera front 0071129.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
File:Nissan Almera rear 20071129.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It used to be one of my favourite cars to look at, in India it sounds very close to almirah.
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
It used to be one of my favourite cars to look at, in India it sounds very close to almirah.
That is exactly why I found it funny! Maybe Mahindra should've registered this name instead of Veritos for renaming the Logan!
The name Sunny cannot be used in India as the registered name is still with Bajaj. Remember Bajaj Sunny? the light, gear-less scooter?
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:14   #34
BHPian

The profile looks like a bigger D'Zire. The same snub nosed front and the same incongrously fitting boot. The profile screams D'Zire all the way and is the ugliest part of the car. Note how the ads avoided showing the profile of the car.
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkb View Post
The profile looks like a bigger D'Zire. The same snub nosed front and the same incongrously fitting boot. The profile screams D'Zire all the way and is the ugliest part of the car. Note how the ads avoided showing the profile of the car.
Those comparing the styling of this to the Dzire are requested to see this thread (and the pictures) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-china-4.html

The Dzire is nowhere near in terms of styling
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
The Dzire is nowhere near in terms of styling
Though I agree with you that Dzire is nowhere near the Sunny when it comes to design, its a fact that this sedan from Nissan bear resemblances to Dzire, especially from the rear and profile views.
Old 3rd May 2011, 17:42   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Though I agree with you that Dzire is nowhere near the Sunny when it comes to design, its a fact that this sedan from Nissan bear resemblances to Dzire, especially from the rear and profile views.
I guess the raised boot lid is giving this impression. But the boot don't look like an strap on to me and looks much wider than the Dezire.It looks pretty good from the front.
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

There is a resemblance! But they are not similar. The lenght is a real plus for the Nissan sedan, as we Indians like more metal, though we later struggle to find parking spaces So, if priced attractively, Nissan has a winner in its hands.
Old 4th May 2011, 03:51   #39
BHPian

Got a chance to visit the NY Auto Show which ended on 1st May. Here are the pics from that show:
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-20110501-12.27.39.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-20110501-12.27.52.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-20110501-12.28.38.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-20110501-12.29.22.jpg  

Old 4th May 2011, 04:53   #40
BHPian

two words 'Dzire' & 'styling' appearing together just irritate me
it looks like a curvy Manza
Old 4th May 2011, 05:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if I am offending anybody's thoughts here. But why are most auto manufacturers doing such a shoddy job when it comes to integration of boot in their hatchbacks? How long do we have to live with 'less-than-perfect' designs like Indigo Manza/CS, Nissan Sunny and Suzuki Swift Dzire? As if these are not enough, the new shortened Dzire looks atrocious. When is this going to end?
Old 4th May 2011, 10:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Cmon Guys give the Styling a break ! Look at the size of this car ! Its huge and thats a big big plus in India. Its got the 'Badee Gadee' look to it, and its a potential winner in my eyes. If they plonk the Diesel mill in this one, it should really cause some heartburns in possibly the most competitive segment of them all- City vs Verna vs Fiesta vs Linea vs SX4.
Also, its not just a Micra with a boot ! I read many a time that Nissan had re skinned the car on the V platform.
Old 4th May 2011, 11:32   #43
BHPian

Correct me if I am wrong, isn't Sunny the same as what they call 'Almera' in UK?
Old 4th May 2011, 11:52   #44
BHPian

Just got some news from one of the OEM manufacturers for Nissan, it seems that the car will be launched only after September. They have been advised to start delivery for their components only in September.
Old 4th May 2011, 16:57   #45

Another view of the same car with Mumbai plates in Chennai.
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-sunnywm.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th May 2011 at 21:40. Reason: Watermarked pics. Thanks for Sharing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks