Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 10:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Mod Note : A Full Review of the Nissan Sunny has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the review thread. This thread is closed.

Full article here:

Nissan New Global Saloon spied | Autocar India

Pics courtesy autocar india website.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunny1.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunny2_2.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2011 at 18:05. Reason: Adding link to review
Old 14th March 2011, 10:24   #2
BHPian

re: Scoop shots: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing in India

Why a Nissan testing with MH registration plates? while the plant is in chennai?
However if the price band stays as per ACI in 4.85 to 6.1 L for a 100bhp motor it will be a game changer in C sedan plus segment.
Sunny is known to be more spacious than Suzuki SX4/ Mitsu Lancer Cedia and on par with Toyota corolla.

Last edited by harimakesh : 14th March 2011 at 10:30.
Old 14th March 2011, 10:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

That rear is so DZire'ish. Is India becoming a haven for ugly but practical cars? (DZire, Logan, verna, maybe manza?)
Old 14th March 2011, 10:43   #4
BHPian

Any specific reasons for testing MH registered cars for Nissan or just a tactic to create confusion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
That rear is so DZire'ish. Is India becoming a haven for ugly but practical cars? (DZire, Logan, verna, maybe manza?)
Yeah, the back looks very DZire-ish. I don't accept Manza as ugly looking, well its not that impressive either, but way better then its predecessors from TATA house.
Old 14th March 2011, 11:06   #5
BHPian

Looks like they are comparing the Sunny with the Manza
Old 14th March 2011, 19:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Quote:
I think it looks a bit like the E63 7 series,the previous generation Bangled butt bmw,especially the higher bootlid compared to the tail lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Looks like they are comparing the Sunny with the Manza
It might just be a coincidence!
Old 14th March 2011, 19:37   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6

Ugh. Nissan can't surely launch it looking like this. It's not like they're adding a boot to anything is it? They cold have designed it from scratch?!
Old 15th March 2011, 12:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So you mean to say that it will be hit like Dzire ??

I guess Nissan needs to make it practical car like Dzire & Manza. Means it has to be priced right, good features, good service and good reliability. It will make them successful in India as people here are behind VFM cars more than luxury, sports cars.
Old 15th March 2011, 13:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

The car looks quite wide ! Almost similar to Manza , one can see in the pic . But I think , it won't be as spacious as Manza , its only the design , which makes it look that wide . And I agree , the rear looks like bangle - influenced !
Old 21st March 2011, 15:09   #10
BHPian

Guys I dont think it looks nothing like the manza, watch the real thing in these videos.

(pause it at 0:21 and tell me its not spacious)

I wont say I'm a big Nissan fan, but I love the Altima, Maxima and who doesnt love the 370z But this thread is not about those yummy cars, its about Sunny. I'm sure this is nothing like the Dzire or Manza and I hope they never make anything like the Dzire or Manza I mean look wise. Oh and the interior also looks really cool.

Had a talk with the owner of a local Nissan dealer and he said expect it in June/July and he was very very excited about it, said its a hot cake.
Old 21st March 2011, 16:45   #11
BHPian

IMHO Dzire looks awful like a big boot welded on a poor Swift's back side. The Sunny's boot looks so much like the DZire.
I do beg to differ that it looks like the Manza rear. The Manza does not compare with the earlier generation Indigo which was a boot welded on an unsuspecting Indica .
Old 21st March 2011, 17:28   #12
BHPian

When you say the boot looks like the DZire do you mean the rectangular portion looks like DZire or the vehicle looks like DZrire from behind. I'm asking this because I cant see what you are talking about, specially from the side rear view the Sunny looks similar to the 2007 Nissan Altima.
Old 21st March 2011, 17:49   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
When you say the boot looks like the DZire do you mean the rectangular portion looks like DZire or the vehicle looks like DZrire from behind. I'm asking this because I cant see what you are talking about, specially from the side rear view the Sunny looks similar to the 2007 Nissan Altima.
Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder . Yes I think most of the people including me are referring to the rear which looks "similar" to the DZire
Old 8th April 2011, 10:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Pics. courtesy indianautosblog.com :
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissan_sunny_rear.jpg  

Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunnyrearleft.jpg  

Old 8th April 2011, 11:09   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO the rear doesn't look that ugly when compared with Dezire.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Nissan V platform sedan "sunny" caught testing;*UPDATE* More Pics on Pg.6-nissansunny.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks