Team-BHP - OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/102294-omg-scoop-pics-hm-ambassador-pick-up-truck-spotted-edit-launched-veer.html)

So here are first ever snaps of Amby Pickup on web world. It can not get better than any other content for your 25th post!

Spotted Amby Pickup in Pune. Most probably they are here for ARAI duties and resting at the hotel where I spotted them.

Apology for worst quality interior shot. Actually I removed window covers(:Shockked:) to get the same. Thanks to Adi's N73 as well.

P.S: Sadly there was no CS!

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-image_1.jpg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-image_2.jpg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-image_3.jpg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-image_4.jpg

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-image_5.jpg

Name:  image_6.jpg
Views: 25590
Size:  96.1 KB

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-image_7.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalaps (Post 2364437)
So here are first ever snaps of Amby Pickup on web world. It can not get better than any other content for your 25th post!

Spotted Amby Pickup in Pune. Most probably they are here for ARAI duties and resting at the hotel where I spotted them.

clap: for your efforts zalaps. That's a nice catch. All I can ask is "Why this disgrace to the legendary Ambassador?" HM is digging itself into a deeper grave by doing all these things. I for one can't stand to see the good-old Amby die a slow and painful death like this.

Quote:

Apology for worst quality interior shot. Actually I removed window covers(:Shockked:) to get the same. Thanks to Adi's N73 as well.

Thats worse than what the road side auto body builders build!

If they wanted a retro pickup - what stopped them to go for something like this:
Name:  smc358.png
Views: 27592
Size:  218.2 KB

here's the original post: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/10/s...et-rod-pickup/

Amby Pickup and with CNG?! Does CNG produce enough torque to pull the load?

And for Amby CS, what engine are they going to fit in? A 1.2 petrol will not be sufficient. Do they have any diesel engine with 1.5 litre or less?

Wow, Indian manufacturers are surely diversifying a brand name, a la like what international companies used to did earlier.
Sedan version,Taxi version,CS version and maybe hatch version. Now the most unexpected pick up!!! Ute model of Falcon,Commodere anyone.
Next what?
Panel van version? or hardtop? Maybe even a 2/3 door version.

Quote:

Has HM gone out of their mind, who the hell is going to buy this. The front retro and the rear modern junk. At the price people are going to buy much more efficient and sturdy models by the rival Indian manufacturers.

As for the retro buyer, the whole rear is screwed up, why?? Did they do not do the design study. Din't they look up at old morris brochures.

Here is one from Morris brochures - British car brochures ( www.car-brochures.eu )

See how the rear is shaped, much more classy stuff. The stifners in the current body could have been atleast hidden.

OMG Scoop Pics! HM Ambassador PICK-UP TRUCK spotted. EDIT : Launched as the Veer!-morris21large.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 2365098)
Has HM gone out of their mind, who the hell is going to buy this. The front retro and the rear modern junk. At the price people are going to buy much more efficient and sturdy models by the rival Indian manufacturers.

As for the retro buyer, the whole rear is screwed up, why?? Did they do not do the design study. Din't they look up at old morris brochures.

Here is one from Morris brochures - British car brochures ( www.car-brochures.eu )

See how the rear is shaped, much more classy stuff. The stifners in the current body could have been atleast hidden.

Attachment 550430

They already had a pickup version of Ambassador Mark 4 called Hindustan Porter.

But what's with the 14" wheels? Why downsize?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 2365841)
They already had a pickup version of Ambassador Mark 4 called Hindustan Porter.

But what's with the 14" wheels? Why downsize?

Don't forget the basics, my dear friend.

They have lowered the car to enhance the road hugging nature & cornering stability. stupid:

HM Porter Pic courtesy: r_nairtvm@TBHP. He mentions this ad is from 1982. So from 1982-2011 the wheel has turned a full circle for HM, but sadly due to loss of traction it has only turned but not moved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R (Post 2371574)

They have lowered the car to enhance the road hugging nature & cornering stability. stupid:

Oh! I get the drift now, this is actually a drift car

(given its rear drive and has a light rear end)

But on a different note, I would have actually liked a Conti based pickup.

It has 14" wheels against the normal 15" ones found on amby!

They do have a 1.5Ltr and a 2.0ltr diesel engine.

Also is the TREKKER still sold??
Doesnt it already have a Cab version?

If they downsize the engine to 1400CC (tax benefits) still it would be powerful enough because the chopped tail will reduce the weight.

Am I beginning to think like an HM R&D engineer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R (Post 2372725)
If they downsize the engine to 1400CC (tax benefits) still it would be powerful enough because the chopped tail will reduce the weight.

You are absolutely correct on the thought Skyline.:thumbs up

but somehow i cant agree on your last sentence. HM R&D can think? woah wait a second... what R&D? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R (Post 2372725)

There's no need to downsize since the old HM diesel engine displaces 1489 CC i.e. below 1500CC. For the petrol version, the capacity's got to be within 1200CC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 2372838)
There's no need to downsize since the old HM diesel engine displaces 1489 CC i.e. below 1500CC. For the petrol version, the capacity's got to be within 1200CC.

I thought it was 1.4 for Diesel & 1.2 for Petrol engines. Not sure though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by konjaril (Post 2372821)
You are absolutely correct on the thought Skyline.:thumbs up

but somehow i cant agree on your last sentence. HM R&D can think? woah wait a second... what R&D? :D

I would really like to know if such a department exists.

Recreating a "new" model already produced in 1982 is funny.

I bet a 1000 bucks that they would name it "Porter Classic"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R (Post 2373078)
I thought it was 1.4 for Diesel & 1.2 for Petrol engines. Not sure though.

It is actually 1500 cc for the diesel :) and yes, 1200 cc for the petrol.