Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 19:07   #1
BHPian

Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L

Note from Support: Closing this thread. Please continue the discussion in the Official Skoda Laura VRS Review thread. Thanks

Hey guys another news!! Today at 5:15 Pm i went for a walk. I saw a black Laura accelerating with smoking its tires. I thought it was the 1.8Tsi variant. It had blue color rubber padding on the front bumpers but did not have any Skoda Logo. When i saw the rear part, it was fully covered with white plastic, no Skoda logo,i could see the laura embross which was also covered with white plastic. The roof and the boot were covered with white plastic and ya the car had low profile tires. Couldn't even start my mobile camera as it was so damn fast! I'll try to upload a pic, like how the car looked like. The Blue rubber like padding were in the same place as in the first picture.
@TBHpians- People who stay in banerghatta road, hosur road can see this vehicle. The vehicle is being tested somewhere there.
@SIDINDICA- Please try to find out as much details as you can, because i think you are the real scooper!
@Moderators- Please move this post to the appropriate thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-1_magicblack.jpg  

Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-skoda_laura_rs.jpg  

Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-picture_653.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 11th November 2011 at 16:38. Reason: Add link to our review
Old 25th April 2011, 19:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura vRS

^^ It must be the much awaited Laura VRs. Internationally the RS also comes with the 170hp version of 2.0 CR TDi engine
. Now when they have access to this engine(new Passat in India), this is just the right time to launch the Laura RS.

I bought a 140hp Laura DSG some time back. Now i want the RS.

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th June 2011 at 13:19. Reason: Added Video.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Internationally Skoda vRs comes with 2 engines, 2.0Tfsi & 2.0 TDI CR engine available with both manual and DSG gearbox. However I doubt any of these 2 engines will be made available here as the price would go anywhere around 19-20L.
I am guessing it would come with 1.8Tfsi.
However, one on everybody's wish list will be to see the 2.0 Tfsi in it, with simple remap one could expect it do 260HP and with 380+ NM of torque and diesel with 2.0Tdi CR could put out 400+ Nm of torque.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:47   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Internationally Skoda vRs comes with 2 engines, 2.0Tfsi & 2.0 TDI CR engine available with both manual and DSG gearbox. However I doubt any of these 2 engines will be made available here as the price would go anywhere around 19-20L.
Sourcing either of the engines will not be a problem for Skoda as both of these engines are used in Skoda's Aurangabad plant in A4(TFSI/TSI) and Passat(TDi).

The pricing anyways might be close to L&K, meaning the OTR prices will be close 19-20 lakhs.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:57   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Really, a Laura RS petrol would be a dream come true...
Till then, my 1.8Tsi is my RS.

I can't express in words the joy of watching my friend's red Octy RS in my rear view mirror - struggling to keep up.

Would never forget that day...

At the end of the drive, he dismissed his defeat saying "on a striaght line, anybody can become a hero"...
My reply - "with 130mm GC and 55 profile tyres, anybody can show off in the ghats (curves)....

Last edited by anandpadhye : 26th April 2011 at 14:06.
Old 26th April 2011, 14:18   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
At the end of the drive, he dismissed his defeat saying "on a striaght line, anybody can become a hero"...
My reply - "with 130mm GC and 55 profile tyres, anybody can show off in the ghats (curves)....
The current facelifted Laura's softened suspension spoils the matters further and the 15" high profile 195 section Goodyear rubber is not the right choice for hard cornering. I wish the Laura RS comes with stiffened suspension, rubber can be upgraded later depending on buyer's taste.

I'd love to see the Diesel RS. How about staying in midrange getting 18kpl and still being ahead of all the traffic. I am extremely happy doing this with my 140hp DSG, 170hp will be even better.
Old 7th June 2011, 10:08   #7
Team-BHP Support

Skoda launching the Laura vRS soon?

Just bumped to this youtube link where in Hormazd Sorabjee (Autocar India), mentioned that Skoda is soon launching the Laura vRS - with jacked up version of the same 1.8 TSi 160bhp motor. Now this is something cool to look forward to

Here is the relevant link

Note from Support: Added some older posts to this thread started by vb-san to keep all the discussion on this car in one thread. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th June 2011 at 13:20. Reason: see note
Old 7th June 2011, 11:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

re: Skoda launching the Laura vRS soon? *UPDATE* BHPian drives it Pg.13

He said the engine and power output are likely to remain the same. It's going to be the "sports" version of the Laura and likely to be called RS.

That's disappointing!
Old 7th June 2011, 11:23   #9

Yep. The car is very much in the pipeline. I suspect with better handling i guess. Not that the laura needs it..
Old 7th June 2011, 12:50   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The least they could do is plonk a DSG box into the Laura 1.8TSi if not upgrade the engine.

Yes I know the RS is an enthusiasts car but not ever enthusiast insists on a manual. Gimme some chunky paddle shifts and that 7 speed DSG box instead, its lightening quick. Although just one glitch of slight delay at start is what I experience in my Superb but shift her into Sport mode and its a different machine!
Old 7th June 2011, 13:02   #11
BHPian

^^ Completely agree with Sahil. Engine per-se, 1.8 TSI is fine in India. Not too different from the 2.0 TSI but more efficient. Transmission may be changed to differenciate the RS with cheaper versions. Speed-wise, 1.8 TSI beats all hollow from Civic, Corolla segment to upto entry level Mercs, BMWs and Audis in terms of timing. As debated in many international online forums, the true power of 1.8 TSI is said to be around 180 bhp which gets understated by VW to 160 BHP as a marketing tactic to show a bigger difference with 2.0 TSI.

Last edited by v.anand : 7th June 2011 at 13:07.
Old 7th June 2011, 13:19   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
^^ Completely agree with Sahil. Engine per-se, 1.8 TSI is fine in India. Not too different from the 2.0 TSI but more efficient. Transmission may be changed to differenciate the RS with cheaper versions. Speed-wise, 1.8 TSI beats all hollow from Civic, Corolla segment to upto entry level Mercs, BMWs and Audis in terms of timing. As debated in many international online forums, the true power of 1.8 TSI is said to be around 180 bhp which gets understated by VW to 160 BHP as a marketing tactic to show a bigger difference with 2.0 TSI.
I would think they detune it rather than understate. Peak power at the flywheel can anyway be measured independently and a manufacturer cannot get away with stating wrong specs.

Anyway, most stock cars are tuned to anywhere between half to two-thirds of their potential output in favor of reliability and FE.
Old 7th June 2011, 13:24   #13
BHPian

^^The reason I say its understated and not detuned is the same engine is dynoed in UK which showed more bhp than manufacturer stated power in the absolute stock car by the members of Briskoda forum.
v.anand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 13:26   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
He said the engine and power output are likely to remain the same. It's going to be the "sports" version of the Laura and likely to be called RS.

That's disappointing!
The current 1.8 TSi 160hp engine has enough grunt to flaunt a VRS badge(2.0 TSi would be even better). What the Laura TSi needs is a better equipped variant with more equipment and stiffly tuned suspension to match the sporting pretensions of the 160hp TSi engine.
Old 7th June 2011, 13:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The current 1.8 TSi 160hp engine has enough grunt to flaunt a VRS badge(2.0 TSi would be even better).
Then I guess one can assume that he/she already has the Laura VRS. After all the changes are cosmetic in nature (besides suspension tweaks I guess). Nothing much for enthusiasts to get thrilled about.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks