Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2011, 20:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out by March (Hatchback version of Etios)

Spotted this one in Chennai yesterday !!!

Is it Etios hatch (Liva)

Mods: Please move this to the relevant thread if posted in wrong thread
Attached Thumbnails
New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-photo0016.jpg  

Old 13th January 2011, 21:13   #17
BHPian

Trade plate says it’s Liva, so no second thought.

Which location did you click this??
Old 13th January 2011, 21:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Trade plate says it’s Liva, so no second thought.

Which location did you click this??

hey cam, this was on my trip in outskirts of chennai. Some *****palya industrial area. (sorry dont know name properly & was accompanying my colleagues)

i just removed my phone camera and clicked. then he moved towards left & me

right. sorry only one pic.

From far i thought its an blue a star, then found chrome lining on boot and snapped pic
Old 16th January 2011, 19:50   #19
BHPian

SCOOP! Toyota Etios Liva 'spotted'.

I've few queries. Please clear them.

- Does anyone know whether Toyota Etios Liva will be launched in the near future or not?

- Does Toyota Etios & Toyota Etios Liva share the same interiors?

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th January 2011 at 11:31. Reason: Pics removed as we have a original pic posted by a member in post#16. Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.
Old 16th January 2011, 20:19   #20

Re: SCOOP! Toyota Etios Liva 'spotted'.

...and I feel that our search ends here!

If Toyota price this car very competetively, then we will be considering this car as our second vehicle.

I have this strong feeling that this car won't weigh more than 850 kg. So doesn't it imply that this car will be a pocket rocket if they plonk the 1.5 litre engine that powers Toyota Etios?
Old 16th January 2011, 21:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekanetra View Post

If Toyota price this car very competetively, then we will be considering this car as our second vehicle.

I have this strong feeling that this car won't weigh more than 850 kg. So doesn't it imply that this car will be a pocket rocket if they plonk the 1.5 litre engine that powers Toyota Etios?
The chances are pretty high [99%] that they will not use the 1.5L engine in this. This car should be within 4m length which makes it eligible for tax benefits only when the engine used is less than 1.2L . So I expect Toyota to bring in a 1.2L engine in this to ensure they create a stir in the market!
Old 16th January 2011, 22:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

The engine is a 1.2l and my search ends here too if i'm in the market for a small hatch.
Old 16th January 2011, 22:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

My only wish is that it should be a 4pot one and that too well refined. Then I sell my Alto off and in come LIVA. Sure.
Price I am again sure would be in the Alto K10 territory.

Last edited by rajeev k : 16th January 2011 at 22:16.
Old 16th January 2011, 22:35   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekanetra View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
My only wish is that it should be a 4pot one and that too well refined. Then I sell my Alto off and in come LIVA. Sure.
If you see the recent launches, the engines from Toyota are no stonkers, but are quite refined with great in-city driveabiity. And thats the USP of these cars too [along with those mileage figures]. So be positive about the refinement.

And now you have given ideas man ! Liva in the Alto K10 segment?! I doubt they will do it in the first place and am sure Toyota cant handle anything of those sort in terms of sales and service [Alto sells around 23K units or so per month which = 2,76,000 units per year while Toyota's yearly capacity is a meager 70,000 units an annum]. So I expect this to be in the next segment pretty well priced below the swift / Vista etc.
Old 16th January 2011, 22:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont think it will surely be in the Alto K10 area, you should be too optimistic to be saying that.

Not sure why the cars were in Noida area. Anyway to expect the car to be in area 4.5L to 6L region.
Old 16th January 2011, 22:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

I saw the liva a few weeks back here in chennai when the etios was launched. It is certainly a swift/i10 beater, the big IF is the price and the serviceability. With Toyota having just a handful of service centers, will they be able to handle the load when the mass take to this car ? Same question to Honda and any other maruti/hyundai/ford/TATA competitor, too ?
Old 17th January 2011, 00:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

nice find and good photos.

honda and toyota have already said that are after the Swift class segment and want to have a share of the sales.

Toyota already have announced Liva to be 1.2 ltr engine with 4-6 lakhs price range.

Liva in K10 segment?....Dream on!
Old 17th January 2011, 08:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
It IS a 4 cylinder engine on Liva as confirmed by Toyota (Ref: Overdrive Dec2011 issue).
The pricing in all liklihood is going to be in the range Rs 3.96-5.26 L as is the trend (Hatchback Vs Sedan on similar platforms).
Old 17th January 2011, 12:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

It would most probably not work, as it is a segment of people who are looking at breaking into the sedan category. And getting a Toyota at an affordable price is the reason why they are queing up

If they are asked to switch to a smaller variant, i dont think they may be ready to jump at this. If that is the case, then they may start pondering about other options like Figo, Beat, Ritz and so on.
Old 17th January 2011, 14:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
It would most probably not work, as it is a segment of people who are looking at breaking into the sedan category. And getting a Toyota at an affordable price is the reason why they are queing up

If they are asked to switch to a smaller variant, i dont think they may be ready to jump at this. If that is the case, then they may start pondering about other options like Figo, Beat, Ritz and so on.
Figo's USP is cheaper diesel variant. Its petrol engine is not as good. Ritz does not have good enough boot space. Beat is narrower and shorter. So Liva is going to be good value proposition as it is as spacious as Polo, Punto, i20 with as good engine under the hood but costing a lakh less while missing some tid bit perepheral features (electric ORVM, split rear seat, etc. while offering more useful cooled glove box.)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks