Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 18:14   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Liva Launch 27th June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Puch View Post
Guys, just spoke to one of the dealers and got this info. can anyone confirm this
Yeah, Liva launch on 27 Jun is confirmed by couple of auto mags as well. I am not sure about the Altis launch on 16 Jun. Since the mods have changed the thread title, it should be correct.
Old 7th June 2011, 22:42   #107
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Etios weight just 930 kgs and has 90 PS power. So should we expect Liva at least 50 kgs lighter? Or more than that? And how much power is expected from the downsized power-plant ?
The 1.2L engine is expected to produce around 80bhp.

Also as someone mentioned diesel is on the cards. May be year end or early next year. The diesel engine is expected to be de-tuned, increasing the already good efficiency figures. Be prepared for long waiting periods.
Old 7th June 2011, 23:06   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
The diesel engine is expected to be de-tuned, increasing the already good efficiency figures. Be prepared for long waiting periods.
Why would they need to de-tune the engine? Its a 1.4L unit which is already in the tax bracket. So they can anyway use the engine without downsizing at all.
Old 8th June 2011, 01:24   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Why would they need to de-tune the engine? Its a 1.4L unit which is already in the tax bracket. So they can anyway use the engine without downsizing at all.
Probably they removed the VGT and put in a FGT to make it cost-efficient. Just guessing...
Old 8th June 2011, 09:31   #110
BHPian

Re: New Altis Launch 16th June !!! New Liva Launch 27th June

Yes even i feel they will remove the VGT and put in a FGT, which might bring down the power and cost. I hope they get the diesel mil out soon. I am anxiously waiting for this car to take a call on replacing my decade old Indica V2.
Old 8th June 2011, 09:50   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
As per various reviews, Power from Etios Liva's 1.2l DOHC engine is expected to be in the region of 78-80PS only.
Like Etios sedan, its engine is also tuned more to provide the fuel efficiency than providing outright performance.
which is further going to be benefitted by the lower kerb weight of the car(~890kgs).
Im not sure if the 1.2 will be tuned to produce that much power. The 1.5 engine is tuned more for drivebility and mileage than outright power, and it produces just 90 ps. I expect they'll want to retain the same characteristics in the 1.2 and maybe 70 ps is a safer bet

Quote:
As per autocar they are developing a version of the engine with a FGT to reduce costs. It will still produce around 70-75 ps and for a car which weighs so little it should still be plenty. They said the diesel would launch towards the end of the year but that was before the Japan earthquake
Old 8th June 2011, 12:37   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Probably they removed the VGT and put in a FGT to make it cost-efficient. Just guessing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
As per autocar they are developing a version of the engine with a FGT to reduce costs.
Alright, that makes sense. Never knew the 1.4 D4D 90PS is a VGT. And I misunderstood one of the posts also. When "de-tune" was mentioned, I mis-took it for downsizing to 1.2L or so rather than on bhp aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
They said the diesel would launch towards the end of the year but that was before the Japan earthquake
I don't think the earthquake has something to do with this. I guess rather Toyota wants to clear the petrol backlogs and bring in the diesel to reduce the waiting period as much as possible. I think that's a better strategy than giving way to insane waiting periods. Probably now they have a hang of how even a built to price car with a Toyota badge can set the sales charts on fire !
Old 8th June 2011, 13:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

Launch is confirmed for 27th.. Booking start from 17th!
Old 12th June 2011, 12:12   #114
PCS
BHPian

Guys, Spotted this New Altis and current altis. Some Toyota executives were driving the car.
Attached Thumbnails
New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-photo0050.jpg  

Old 12th June 2011, 12:52   #115
Senior - BHPian

Toyota is on the right track after reports of delay due to tsunami. Keep going Toyota! But I just wish the Etios looked a tad better.
Old 12th June 2011, 13:00   #116
Senior - BHPian

Like someone already mentioned, no car company would want to create an artificial waiting period for their cars. After all, it's selling cars which earns them their bread and butter. We, as customers, definitely would be frustrated by long waiting periods.

But the fact is, if a car maker's product planning group was way off with their projections, there is no way they can build up the capacity in 6 months or even 12 months. Many of the components are imported, and the shipment time for such parts can range anywhere between 2 - 3 months. Ramping up capacity at the car maker's assembly line requires the entire supply chain including tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 vendors to ramp up their production.

Many times, smaller vendors are reluctant (or don't have the resources) to do a big capacity jump in a short time. Therefore, ramping up the production to meet higher demand is easier said than done, beyond a certain limit, which can be done by running an additional shift or two.
Old 12th June 2011, 16:33   #117
Senior - BHPian

Spotted these on way to LalBagh road / JC Road. The guy in the Blue car signeled not to take any picture as if this is some high secret stuff.

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-dsc09086.jpg

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-dsc09087.jpg

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-dsc09089.jpg

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-dsc09090.jpg

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-dsc09091.jpg
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 11:59   #118
BHPian

Toyota India website updated with New Altis information. Attaching the new e-brochure.

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-picture-1.png

Toyota - Corolla Altis - Genius inside. Gorgeous outside.

e-brochure:
Altis_brohure.pdf
Old 16th June 2011, 12:12   #119
BHPian

IMHO the new one looks the same. Infact if they had not tried to hide the new things I am sure no one would have noticed it and would have thought its a regular Altis? I seriously dont see why Toyota is making any changes to the car if at the end of it, the car looks almost the same. Its more like Maruti of yesteryears when they would keep changinf the headlights and bumpers and reflectors, etc. Stop doing that and give us an all new car!!
Old 16th June 2011, 13:54   #120
Senior - BHPian

Toyota's new variant of Corolla Altis @ Rs 10.53 lakh read on Toyota's new Corolla Altis @ Rs 10.53 lakh - Rediff.com Business
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks