Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 13:04   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

For the safety conscious the Liva will be a good option as you don't have to get the most expensive version to get basic safety features like Air Bags & ABS. These features are available as an option from the second model of Etios and hopefully will be available for the Liva as well.

I have been looking for a good diesel hatch and would have bought the Nissan Micra deisel if those stupid wonks hadn't removed ABS from the top end deisel version.
Old 19th May 2011, 08:14   #77
BHPian

Hey Guys, todays times of India carrys an ad of customer first.

Saying production is back to full swing !!!

I liked the ad, nice ad, the way customer and first letters are tagged,

wonder when the liva and new altis will be launched?
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:10   #78
BHPian

I saw a Liva being test driven on Mindspace Road, near Linkway Toyota, Malad. I didn't realize it was the Liva untill it went past me. Looks like the launch (and test-drives) are not far away.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:17   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

I assume the Liva will share the spartan, crappy-looking interiors of its Etios sibling. Such a pity- a fully loaded hot hatch from Toyota would really give the Swift and i20 a run for their money!
Old 3rd June 2011, 07:39   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I assume the Liva will share the spartan, crappy-looking interiors of its Etios sibling. Such a pity- a fully loaded hot hatch from Toyota would really give the Swift and i20 a run for their money!

Is the market, the volume market, game for a "hot hatch" if the price at which it is offered is higher than that of the i20, even if it is from the Toyota stable?

May seem out of context but when there was a news item on the forum, which was subsequently denied, about Honda upping the engine in the Jazz, the response from the vast majority was almost vitriolic in castigating Honda for having lost it!
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:09   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw an episode sometime back on C&B show where Siddhartha P was having a test drive of the pre production model of LIVA , in that vehicle the interiors were looking very similar to Etios sedan. I guess the LIVA will be a ditto Etios from inside…disappointing indeed !

Let’s wait and watch out how it fairs with the existing segment leaders.
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:27   #82
BHPian

Lets hope that the instrument cluster is the conventional type in the Liva. The centrally fixed cluster in the Etios looks appalling.

If the Liva will eventually have the same D4D engine of the Altis D (without the VGT and lower power output I suppose), I wonder why Toyota cannot launch both petrol and diesel variants of the Liva simultaneously. With soaring petrol prices, makes me wonder what value the 1.2L, 80 HP petrol Liva will offer apart from the fact that it carries the T branding. There are already too many 1.2L hatches with similar power output.
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:17   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I saw an episode sometime back on C&B show where Siddhartha P was having a test drive of the pre production model of LIVA , in that vehicle the interiors were looking very similar to Etios sedan. I guess the LIVA will be a ditto Etios from inside…disappointing indeed !
Sharing the interiors with Etios will make more sense for Toyota to keep the prices of Liva also very competitive. This will make the bin sharing efficient as well. Though the interiors will not be great, expect long waiting periods.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd June 2011 at 11:19.
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:17   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Lets hope that the instrument cluster is the conventional type in the Liva. The centrally fixed cluster in the Etios looks appalling.
Guys check out this video , the LIVA has a centrally mounted instument clusture same as the Etios
The C segment slugfest
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:39   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Siddharth V Patankar of NDTV Auto reports that the LIVA will be launched on 27 June 2011. He expects the price to be in 4-5L. He mentioned that the Petrol will be launching initially and Diesel to follow by year end or so.

Probably Toyota doesn't want huge waiting periods initially and may want to clear the petrol bookings first and then bring in the diesel later.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd June 2011 at 13:42.
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:15   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Is the market, the volume market, game for a "hot hatch" if the price at which it is offered is higher than that of the i20, even if it is from the Toyota stable?

May seem out of context but when there was a news item on the forum, which was subsequently denied, about Honda upping the engine in the Jazz, the response from the vast majority was almost vitriolic in castigating Honda for having lost it!
I was part of the vitriol-throwers there . But the reasons were different: the Jazz is already perceived as overpriced, tossing in a more powerful engine would be sure to outprice it even more. I felt, as a lot of people did, that Honda was solving the wrong problem!
A hot hatch from Toyota or Honda, priced right, would be wonderful. But it looks as if nobody has gauged exactly what the consumer wants in this segment, except Hyundai! I wish Ford launched the Fiesta hatch avatar here like they do in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Guys check out this video , the LIVA has a centrally mounted instument clusture same as the Etios
The C segment slugfest
Bah! Amazing how a single feature can break the deal for you. Shared instrument cluster is a ridiculous idea- it totaly takes away the sanctity of the driver's position for me.
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:26   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bah! Amazing how a single feature can break the deal for you. Shared instrument cluster is a ridiculous idea- it totaly takes away the sanctity of the driver's position for me.
When I agree with you that this takes away the conventional "looks" of the car, its not ergonomically bad. When I TDed Vista which has a centre console, I found the visibility to be really good. I was so apprehensive of it till I did the TD. And I still remember that feature getting a lot of basing on the forum, majority from those who never even saw that in person.

PS: Doesnt spark also have a centre mounted console?
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:31   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When I agree with you that this takes away the conventional "looks" of the car, its not ergonomically bad. When I TDed Vista which has a centre console, I found the visibility to be really good. I was so apprehensive of it till I did the TD. And I still remember that feature getting a lot of basing on the forum, majority from those who never even saw that in person.
Agreed, the Centrally mounted instrument cluster indded takes time to get used to. Once you are through with it, it is very good in terms of the visibility point of view

Quote:
PS: Doesnt spark also have a centre mounted console?
Correct, Spark has a Centrally mounted Console.
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:00   #89
BHPian

Got a callback from Toyota's marketing team, they confirmed the end of June launch but refused to divulge pricing details, spoke to Lakozy Toyota and got the same response, as of now there isn't any pre-launch booking option available.
Old 4th June 2011, 19:57   #90
BHPian

Clear picture of LIVA

Spotted this test car on PUNE-Bangalore highway.
Car looks good / specious.

No idea about the engine specs. The driver of the test car ignore my query regarding the engine specs. But kindly allowed me to take pics.
Attached Thumbnails
New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-dsc03234.jpg  

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-dsc03235.jpg  

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-dsc03236.jpg  

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-dsc03237.jpg  

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-dsc03238.jpg  

KALINGA is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks