Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 19:17   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nissan's *Student Brand Manager* Program. EDIT: Details of 2012 programme on Page 2

Nissan's *Student Brand Manager* Program. EDIT: Details of 2012 programme on Page 2-nmipl_nsbm_01.jpg

High Points:

- A Unique 6-month learning experience for B-School Students.

- Nissan will invite applications from 150 colleges across India. Some of the short-listed colleges include K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, S.P.Jain MIR- Mumbai, IIFT - Delhi, University Business School - Chandigarh, IIM - Kolkata, IIM - Ahmedabad, Loyola Institute of Business Administration- Chennai, Department of Business Studies, Christ University - Bangalore amongst others.

- 20 Brand managers will be appointed, while the tenure of the program will be for six months starting from July to December 2011.

- The 20-selected Student Brand Managers will work closely with Nissan officials on a variety of marketing & branding initiatives. It will include creating unique events to create buzz about the brand among the student community.

- The Nissan Student Brand Manager is an honorary position with the company and does not guarantee employment with Nissan. During their tenure, each student brand manager will get INR 30,000 as stipend and INR 20,000 as marketing budget to implement their initiatives for the full program. Apart from that each NSBM will be trained by the Nissan Corporate trainer and get a NSBM Kit (Digital camera, Visiting Card, T-shirt and Jacket). Also, each NSBM can get a Nissan Micra.

Participation and Selection Criteria:

• The students who meet the eligibility criteria (should have completed first year of course) can participate in this program by undertaking a small project outlined by the company.

• The students will register at the website and submit their proposal on the basis of a theme decided by a Jury in a PPT or a PDF format.

• 20-25 entries will then be shortlisted from every region and be called for the zonal rounds in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi and Chennai to face the Jury for further selection.

• 10 shortlisted students from all the four zones will be called in Mumbai for the final presentation and selection.

• 20 students will finally be appointed after the final round in more than 15 cities.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 12:45   #2
BHPian

re: Nissan's *Student Brand Manager* Program. EDIT: Details of 2012 programme on Page 2

Any information if people who have already passed out can also participate?
Old 8th June 2011, 13:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan's *Student Brand Manager* Program. EDIT: Details of 2012 programme on Page 2

Kudos to Nissan, Good initiative.

Is this an pro active exercise for a major model launch in say an year or so or may be six months.

Anybody from T-BHP applying?
Old 8th June 2011, 14:24   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Any information if people who have already passed out can also participate?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Anybody from T-BHP applying?
Precisely the reason I put this thread up. Hopefully, some BHPian is chosen and will share the experience with us. For a car guy, internships don't come better than this.
Old 8th June 2011, 15:23   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a good initiative. Assuming this kicks off in summers, don't know how much justice the students will be able to do once they go back to attend classes which will be after the first couple of months. But in a connected world, it hardly matters.

Nissan could do well to use inputs from fresh yuppies about how to market their cars. I think Nissan in India and all I see are wasted opportunities. The Teana had the potential to be *the* corporate executive car but has been totally killed by ridiculous pricing and iffy positioning. Even their best seller the Micra could have certainly done well for itself had it been marketed better (C'mon, Ranbir Kapoor?!!) The Xtrail is another washout despite coming across as a decent vehicle in its own right.
Old 8th June 2011, 19:52   #6
BHPian

This is a golden opportunity for me! The sad part is that it will be a 6 month internship which my college does not allow. By the end of November our final placements start.
Old 8th June 2011, 20:26   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I think sometime time back they also had a commercial contest where B school students were asked to make a ad for Micra.

Good initiatives and a unique way to get your brand noticed!
Old 8th July 2011, 01:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Precisely the reason I put this thread up. Hopefully, some BHPian is chosen and will share the experience with us. For a car guy, internships don't come better than this.
You are Bang on! Though not that active (am very very lazy when it comes to keying down a post), I've been a Bhpian for a very long time.
I just got selected as one of the 18 Nissan Student Brand Managers for this year, and was also declared west zone winner I had noticed this thread long back, but then chose to keep quiet till the finals get over. And it goes without saying that being part of this forum has helped me a lot.

All in all it was a wonderful experience, very well conceived and executed by Nissan & Bloomberg-UTV . Judges were experts in their fields like Hormazd Sorabjee, Renuka Kriplani, Prahlad Kakkar,Mini Menon, Harish Bijoor et al.
Having got selected as Student Brand Managers we had a day's orientation today on the brand philosophy and various other dos and donts etc.

In the next six months we are supposed to develop and execute four (that would be the least i guess) innovative marketing campaigns each not exceeeding a budget of 5k to help gain Nissan brands greater recognition

Last edited by aravindwarrier : 8th July 2011 at 01:27. Reason: typo :)
aravindwarrier is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 01:46   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
I just got selected as one of the 18 Nissan Student Brand Managers for this year, and was also declared west zone winner

In the next six months we are supposed to develop and execute four (that would be the least i guess) innovative marketing campaigns each not exceeeding a budget of 5k to help gain Nissan brands greater recognition
CONGRATS MAN [and its extra nice to be the first one (hopefully)on t-bhp to do the honors]!! And yeah, you have made all of us happy & proud !! Do well and please do keep us posted on the details if possible.

And yeah, we need an ownership review + pictures of your Nissan Micra as well [hopefully you get that too, added chance for the Zone winners].

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th July 2011 at 01:52.
Old 8th July 2011, 01:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

This is not like a summer internship. this is more like a 6 month live project. I had seen this mail, wanted to do it, but was too lazy :P. anyway few of my classmates are there, lets see how they do
Old 8th July 2011, 09:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just got selected as one of the 18 Nissan Student Brand Managers for this year, and was also declared west zone winner
Congratulations Arvind. Whats was the prize apart from the internship?

Quote:
And it goes without saying that being part of this forum has helped me a lot.
You could defintely say that. Thanks to GTO for bringing this oppurtunity forward to the BHP forum.

Quote:
Would this be an individual attempt or an team effort. Also why is the limit only 5K? I thought it should be atleast 50K
Old 8th July 2011, 09:47   #12
BHPian

How to find out the college list(among others)? I didn't find it in the Nissan site!!

Quote:
You are Bang on!
All in all it was a wonderful experience, very well conceived and executed by Nissan & Bloomberg-UTV . Judges were experts in their fields like Hormazd Sorabjee, Renuka Kriplani, Prahlad Kakkar,Mini Menon, Harish Bijoor et al.
Having got selected as Student Brand Managers we had a day's orientation today on the brand philosophy and various other dos and donts etc.

Excellent... Congrats!! keep posting your exp

Last edited by GTO : 8th July 2011 at 12:28. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing back to back posts.
KumaravelS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 12:25   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just got selected as one of the 18 Nissan Student Brand Managers for this year, and was also declared west zone winner I had noticed this thread long back, but then chose to keep quiet till the finals get over. And it goes without saying that being part of this forum has helped me a lot.
Heartiest Congratulations!! That is just wonderful news, and a dream intern for any B-School petrolhead. I'm certain this will be a hugely enjoyable learning experience for you & wish you the best.

We're not going to let you off without a detailed report on your experience. It will go a long way in helping future brand manager aspirants.

Press Release received from Nissan:

- Nissan India today announced the selection of 18 students from across India as Nissan Student Brand Manager’s. Incidentally the Nissan Student Brand Manager (NSBM) Program 2011 managed to garner over 2,843 student registrations from over 450 colleges across 15 Indian cities, in only its second year.

- Delhi had the maximum number of registrations with 1,146 students, followed by Mumbai with 876 student applications, Chennai with 433 and Bengaluru with 388 applications.

- The selection program will be telecast in a 30 minutes format on Bloomberg UTV in five episodes, which includes four zonal rounds and one grand finale. The details of the telecast are as follows:

• Bangalore Zone – July 16, 2011
• Chennai Zone – July 23, 2011
• Delhi Zone – July 30, 2011
• Mumbai Zone - August 6, 2011
• Grand Finale - August 13, 2011

- The Nissan Student Brand Manager is an honorary position with the company and does not guarantee employment with Nissan. During their tenure, each student brand manager gets INR 30,000 as stipend and INR 20,000 as marketing budget to implement their initiatives for the full program. Apart from that each NSBM will be trained by the Nissan Corporate trainer and get a NSBM Kit (Digital camera, Visiting Card, T-shirt and Jacket) which equips them to conduct their initiatives in a professional manner. Also, each NSBM can get a “Nissan Micra” based on their requirements.

Nissan's *Student Brand Manager* Program. EDIT: Details of 2012 programme on Page 2-nmipl_nsbm2011_18winners_02.jpg

Nissan's *Student Brand Manager* Program. EDIT: Details of 2012 programme on Page 2-nmipl_nsbm2011_18winners_01.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 9th July 2011 at 16:25.
Old 8th July 2011, 12:32   #14
BHPian

Quote:
You are Bang on! Though not that active (am very very lazy when it comes to keying down a post), I've been a Bhpian for a very long time.

That's amazing man! Congratulations! Share your experience. Glued to this thread for your updates.
Old 8th July 2011, 22:23   #15
BHPian

Congratulations Aravind. What a grand achievement for car person. You're very lucky to find a place where I would have loved to be.

Keep us posted.

BH.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks