Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: TRY being honest... How reliable are your posts?
I’ve driven all the vehicles I comment on 11 21.57%
I’ve driven almost 99% of the vehicles I comment on 6 11.76%
I’ve driven most of the vehicles I comment on 18 35.29%
I’ve driven a few vehicles I comment on 14 27.45%
Forget having driven the vehicles I comment on, I haven’t even sat in most of the vehicles I comment on 1 1.96%
I haven’t driven the vehicles I comment on, but have traveled in them for a considerable amount of time/ distance 1 1.96%
Whether driven or not, my comments biased 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2006, 17:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

well yeah - i comment on cars that i have driven only !

Thats why u will never find me saying buy a Fiesta over the NHC for example , max i wud say is wait for the report and then take a test drive for yourself and decide ! i havent yet driven the Fiesta !
Old 1st February 2006, 17:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

I try to keep my comments about actual driving stuff to cars which I have driven.
However most of my comments about cars I haven't driven are not about driving feel or ride quality but about making sence of it

PS: Like RTech said by time I came to knew whoes comment to trust
Old 1st February 2006, 17:45   #18
BANNED

Thank you, Viper and shuvc... I feel all of us can benefit and improve on the quality of posts we make on other threads from each and every post made so far on this thread. Each one of us represents Team-BHP and by improving the quality of our posts we help enhancing the highly respected and good name Team-BHP already enjoys.

I thank all those who have posted so far for your valuable inputs.

OT: @ dceite - vRS Vs 220CDI... Cute! LOL.
Old 1st February 2006, 17:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Where did that come from?

I remember one video posted here some time back on a drag race between a Merc and Skoda RS. If i remember correctly, the video was taken inside an Octavia TDi which was following the two cars. Ok not sure whether it was a C220 though..

Last edited by DCEite : 1st February 2006 at 17:52.
Old 1st February 2006, 18:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
I remember one video posted here some time back on a drag race between a Merc and Skoda RS. If i remember correctly, the video was taken inside an Octavia TDi which was following the two cars. Ok not sure whether it was a C220 though..

yeah.i remember downloading those videos too.i think 2 or 3 of them.whose cars were they by the way ??

rev
Old 1st February 2006, 18:29   #21
BHPian

other than the looks and pricing factors, i refrain myself to commenting on the cars i have driven or moved in for a significant amount of time.
Old 1st February 2006, 18:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
OT: @ dceite - vRS Vs 220CDI... Cute! LOL.

See revtech's post. You were not a member at that time. I am trying to search for the videos, just cant find them.
Old 1st February 2006, 18:51   #23
Team-BHP Support

You won't find them dceite. They were a "limited time only offer".

But I don't see what context those videos had to this topic.
Old 1st February 2006, 18:56   #24
BHPian

Was wondering what percentage qualifies for most of the cars as we already have the 99% classification. The 99% shudnt have been there i suppose.

It means that the ppl who voted for 99% have driven 99 cars atleast..

Sometimes someone who has actually driven a car may give a totally ridiculous opinion than someone who has only sat in the car and knows about the car.

Last edited by muni : 1st February 2006 at 18:57.
Old 1st February 2006, 19:00   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
See revtech's post. You were not a member at that time. I am trying to search for the videos, just cant find them.
OFF TOPIC, KINDLY EXCUSE: dceite, I meant cute in a nice way... When we Chennai Team-BHPians were taking Ferrari pics, there was a bullock cart there and I suggested we should all board the bullock cart and take a group photo for our forum... Cute in that way
Old 1st February 2006, 19:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

It isn't as simple as this thread makes it look. Using this thread as an example, I don't think any member is qualified to comment on a car even if he has test driven it extensively until he has owned it. You can drive a car for 500kms but that still doesn't qualify you to comment on ownership expereince or spares and maintainence costs etc. Ownership expereince is important to every buyer round the world isnt it? And ownership expereince means different things to different people. Spares prices may be a problem for someone while for some other owner correct resolution of problems may be more important then spares prices. Again different people have different things to say about After sales service and whether we like it or not everyone of us even if we have driven the cars have some pre-concieved ideas about cars, the company and dealers. I have seen many members being shouted down for being defensive or biased when they say nice things about companies notorious for poor customer service.

Cars are like women. Different people like different things about them. I,personally, feel Rani Mukherjee is more beautiful then Ashwariya Rai and the world may think I am crazy. Same way, even if i own a car and say I love the handling of the car to someone considering buying that car, it's quite possilbe that the person may find the ride quality poor. This also results in arguements that we often see on the forum. Member X talks about how impressive the performance and handling is of a car and member y shouts him down saying that maybe so but A.S.S is poor (subjective) and ride quality is pathetic. Nothing wrong with the car here. Different people looking for different things and each calls the other biased.

If loving ones car and saying it out loudly is being biased then everyone of us including the moderators are guilty of that.
Old 1st February 2006, 19:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

so Amit are you suggesting that we should only talk about cars that we have owned for more than 500 KM ? & keep mum about all new ones??

Quote:
If loving ones car and saying it out loudly is being biased then everyone of us including the moderators are guilty of that.
there is nothing wrong with loving a certain car & saying it loudly
where it goes wrong is if you don't accecpt faults, start bashing other member than making sence (hence turning into fanboy)

Last edited by adya33 : 1st February 2006 at 19:27.
Old 1st February 2006, 19:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

First of all, i havent driven a lot of cars nor have i commented about the ones i havent driven.Till date i have driven only about 4-5 cars;namely my baleno,santro,an ikon,800 and a 5 series.i can't remember any post of mine where i have compared vehicles without having driven them.I will however talk about the looks etc of a car without actually owning/testing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Not to mention the school kids who get personal when anything is said about the car company they like/drive. They behave like they own the company high time they grow up and start acting mature.
Viper,I know this was targetted at me (possibly bout the honda incident) and i would like to say that neither do i own one of their companies nor do i drive their cars,I was just bringing about the facts based on a personal experiance.
I have a lot of respect for you and everyone else on T-bhp mainly because all of you are older and wiser than me.If you guys feel that i am not mature enough to be on this forum,just say so and I will leave with dignity rather than being kicking out.

binoy

Last edited by binz : 1st February 2006 at 19:58.
Old 1st February 2006, 20:01   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
Viper,I know this was targetted at me (possibly bout the honda incident) and i would like to say that neither do i own one of their companies nor do i drive their cars,I was just bringing about the facts based on a personal experiance.
I have a lot of respect for you and everyone else on T-bhp mainly because all of you are older and wiser than me.If you guys feel that i am not mature enough to be on this forum,just say so and I will leave with dignity rather than being kicking out.

binoy
Hey,

This was definitely not targetted at you so chill and relax. BTW I do not even know which incident you are referring to. My comment was very generalised and I was referring to many posts which have gone on & on & on by people arguing about something which does not even directly concern them.

Viper
Old 1st February 2006, 20:14   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Firstly boom i dont see the point of starting this thread now .. It more so looks like u wanted to pin-point at a few members regarding what happened on the skoda thread and likewise elsewhere ..

Secondly, binz dont take to heart about vipers comments , there happen to be more guys apart from urself that he was referring to .. Like the bashing that happens on the honda vs suzi threads .. Now according to a few members one aint have the right to comment either if
1. U dont own that car ..
2. Ur not old enough to buy urself one..
3. If people who dont own particular cars but have a quite a good knowledge (atleast in some cases thru maybe from friends , hearsay etc etc ) about them yet arent allowed to put up their opinions just because a few guys dont want to listen ...

Sorry to sound rude but i dont see the point that a few guys are trying to make here .. Anyone can see for themselves as to why this thread was started .. If one notices the skoda thread that is ..

Most Viewed