Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 11:58   #211
BHPian

Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Team-bhp Mods

I got a confirmation from a Honda insider that the facelifted/upgraded ANHC will be launched in September 2011.

My previous thread "Rumoured facelift and interior upgrades to ANHC" was deleted. If you feel that this is more definitive news then could you please re-post it?

Thanks in advance.
Oh yes, i was closely following your thread "Rumoured facelift and interior upgrades to ANHC", but it no longer exists. I too spoke to a sales executive of Honda here in Pune, he also said that a model with some upgrades is expected, however was not willing to say when it will be launched. I think there is some truth around this rumor. Good for the consumers though!!
Old 16th June 2011, 12:14   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Apologies. It was not meant to be mocking though on reading my response again I too feel that it had that mocking tone.
Ah come on, there is nothing wrong with that, I actually enjoyed that sense of humor in your reply

Now the Honda City E with ABS and airbags and just a 50k over the equally sparsely equipped Vento petrol seem stupid!! And the Verna 1.4 Petrol too is much less inviting for many. Now people who were considering only the petrol wont think twice before going for the ANHC!
Old 16th June 2011, 12:23   #213
BHPian

I noticed one thing about the 1.5V AT exclusive. The ex-showroom price in Bangalore is Rs10,01,987. That means we will end up paying a lot more (probably 20K+) on road tax because of Rs1987 over the 10L in the ex-showroom. Can we get the extra accessories that are available in the VAT exclusive on the VAT? I guess those extra ones are probably leather seats etc which can be done on the VAT model.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:25   #214
Team-BHP Support

Re the rumoured Diwali upgrade, IMO if Honda really wants to keep customers happy, they should continue with the reduced prices even for the facelift version and not use the facelift to again marginally increase price.

A price correction with a minor feature upgrade combined with it (latter being another count on which the city is outdone by immediate rivals) should get them back in the game convincingly.

On price cuts, has anyone heard of a price reduction in the civic as well? A friend of mine was on the verge of booking a civic and he's obviously interested getting any dope on this. My sense is they may only rationalise the civic prices with the new version (if at all they choose to do so). A price cut across 3 cars may be too negative a message to send out and it's much more easily achieved through a complete model change route which is imminent in the case of the civic.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:36   #215
Senior - BHPian

Now a dream Diwali face lift would be-
E with music system and 5k increase in price,
S with Fog lamps and alloys,
V with ACC and parking sensors!

Just dreaming though
Old 16th June 2011, 12:48   #216
Senior - BHPian

Here's the price list for the City at Thane.

City : THANE

City 1.5 E MT : Rs. 789,589
City 1.5 S MT : Rs. 864,436
City 1.5 V MT : Rs. 911,875
City 1.5 V MT Exclusive : Rs. 966,451
City 1.5 V AT : Rs. 987,777
City 1.5 V AT Exclusive : Rs. 1,042,352
City 1.5 V Elegance : Rs. 36,151/-(approx) additional

City 1.5 S Elegance : Rs. 38,280/-(approx) additional (with Exhaust Pipe Finisher)

City 1.5 S & V Inspire : Rs. 74,046/-(approx) additional
Old 16th June 2011, 12:58   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
=> Lets not dismiss anything here, the fan page is the most credible link because if you look at his previous post he has predcited several such upgrades from Honda India in the past. You can't expect the official Honda site to give forward-looking information.
I don’t know whether there is face lift or not, but I know that page is not official. If they were having some insider info then why they didn't mentioned anything about the price cut earlier. They updated this info quite later only after Honda officially announce the price cut. And there are numerous fan pages; I can provide their links here. Minor updates are always there, even last year Honda came up with exclusive model with some chrome here and there, new colors etcetera. But that would be unfair to call it as facelift. The current ANHC is selling because of its looks only (and now will sell because of its price). Honda will not change anything major to the design of the car; people love the styling of ANHC. They have made right correction of price which was required. Until we have any reliable source of info like that from sidindica, there should not be much hype regarding the facelift. Many such fan pages spread such rumors to drive traffic to their page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
EMT doesnt have EBD. Only ABS - right? And dual airbags are there too.

offcourse, music system/alloys/etc etc are missing too..
EMT does have EBD - :: Honda City ::.
EMT doesn't have steering audio controls.

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th June 2011 at 13:05.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:16   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Wont teflon be useful to avoid minor surface scratches? My current car has had enough of them and I keep on using stain removers to keep the car in good condition but Ive been told that good quality coating in the beginning can help avoid scratches through clothes, keys, other minor things.
More than the so-called Teflon (in reality it's just a glorified wax coating and not *real* Teflon) what will help you is a good dollop of "clear coat". The day you get the car delivered go to a *good* body shop, get the car washed, treated with a clay bar or other imperfection remover, get a layer or two of clear coat and then get it waxed. That'll go a long way than the Teflon.

As I've said before on this thread, Pride Honda refused my demand of getting my Civic delivered without "teflon". On delivery day I was greeted with my beautiful black Civic covered with swirl marks from their shoddy treatment.

Please don't let that happen to your new ANHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Can you please elaborate on the S-Kit? What does it consist of? I see you have taken 3,000 for that in the spreadsheet.
I just used @muni's quote for his friend's ANHC V M/T in Bengaluru. The dealer there waived off this so-called S-kit in that case. Even I don't know what it is except that it looks a like a money-spinning venture just like the scam Teflon treatment. And I'm assuming that with the new lower prices (and consequently reduced dealer margins) they'll do anything in their power to push through such scams on to buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Can we get the extra accessories that are available in the VAT exclusive on the VAT? I guess those extra ones are probably leather seats etc which can be done on the VAT model.
You'll have the run the math and see if aftermarket accessory prices are less than or greater than getting it as part of the car in the first place (along with its implications on road tax). I'm guessing Honda accessory prices for the leather seats will be more than the difference in the OTR prices of V A/T Exclusive and V A/T regular.

Regards,
spadix
Old 16th June 2011, 13:22   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Here's the price list for the City at Thane.

City : THANE

City 1.5 E MT : Rs. 789,589
City 1.5 S MT : Rs. 864,436
City 1.5 V MT : Rs. 911,875
City 1.5 V MT Exclusive : Rs. 966,451
City 1.5 V AT : Rs. 987,777
City 1.5 V AT Exclusive : Rs. 1,042,352
City 1.5 V Elegance : Rs. 36,151/-(approx) additional

City 1.5 S Elegance : Rs. 38,280/-(approx) additional (with Exhaust Pipe Finisher)

City 1.5 S & V Inspire : Rs. 74,046/-(approx) additional

Are these on-road prices for Thane? Any idea, how much extra do we pay for insurance, RTO reg, etc... I guess including all these factors, the price will touch 8.5 on road.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:24   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Are these on-road prices for Thane? Any idea, how much extra do we pay for insurance, RTO reg, etc... I guess including all these factors, the price will touch 8.5 on road.
No these are the ex showroom prices. Add to that the other costs sush as reg + Insurance and without any discounts the costs surely goes upt0 8.5-9L for entry level variant.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:29   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
No these are the ex showroom prices. Add to that the other costs sush as reg + Insurance and without any discounts the costs surely goes upt0 8.5-9L for entry level variant.
Is this only for the ANHC or are other competitors priced this way? How does the ex showroom price of the ANHC compare to those of the Vento entry petrol or Verna entry petrol in Thane?
Old 16th June 2011, 13:32   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Is this only for the ANHC or are other competitors priced this way? How does the ex showroom price of the ANHC compare to those of the Vento entry petrol or Verna entry petrol in Thane?
This happens for almost all the cars irrespective of the brand and the variants. The main reason for this highe prices are the Octroi charges inclusion in the show room cost, about 4.5% within Thane city limits. If outside octroi limits then the prices are reasonable.

Its not just for the cars but also for the fuels Thane pays much more than Mumbai or other Metros.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:34   #223
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
In TN, 10% of exshowroom price is the lifetax for cars priced less than 10lakh. Exshowroom price minus 5% would be the IDV of the car. Registration charges would be around 5 to 7k.

This is a good move by Honda. Customers cannot ignore Honda in their list now. Price reduction and supreme quality will definitely boost their sales now.
They have to position Brio at a killer price as petrol prices are going to get dearer. Honda can expect large volumes in that hatchback segment.
Old 16th June 2011, 14:05   #224
BHPian

Following is the comparison of ‘ANHC’ (Old prices), ‘ANHV’ & Vento (All petrol).

Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!-comparison.jpg

Following are new Pune- OTR price of ‘ANHC’, I requested only for E,S & V MT models.

Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!-pune_new_otr.jpg
Old 16th June 2011, 14:28   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Very confusing set of prices posted here. What is the OTR for the Honda City AT? Not teh exclusive version.

In Pune city (PMC), my Vento AT cost me 9.94 lac (inclusive of registration, taxes and insurance & nett of corp discount). It's about 10.26 lac if you take insurance from dealer and no corp discount. The V-AT was at 11.31 lac, more than a lac pricier when I bought the Vento. Even with a 50K discount, it was still 50K pricer than the Vento.

So what is the reduction now? If it is in fact 44-66K as the reports suggest, the ANHC should be close to the Vento on price.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed