Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2011, 21:53   #361
BHPian

Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I will suggest you to go for Honda City as Civic will be completely revamped and you may not like to drive a brand new discontinued car which costs 14-15 Lakhs.
thanks bluevolt. How about facelifted city arriving around diwali as per economic times article? Do you think Hinda will be able to go back to their original city pricing (about a month back price) now that they've slashed the prices so much.
Old 17th July 2011, 23:05   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
thanks bluevolt. How about facelifted city arriving around diwali as per economic times article? Do you think Hinda will be able to go back to their original city pricing (about a month back price) now that they've slashed the prices so much.
Well yes there are some rumours flowing across the net about the facelift though there is no official confirmation either from honda or team-bhp. You can definetly wait till diwali to see if there is any facelift or not. Even if there is a facelift then that will be mostly cosmetic and I don't think that will have any effect on pricing. If you are in hurry then you can get the car without any issue or you can wait till diwali.
PS - posting from my blackberry,please pardon for any errors.

Last edited by bluevolt : 17th July 2011 at 23:12.
Old 17th July 2011, 23:23   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mate , my 2 cents . You have indeed got a fantastic offer , IMO it hardly makes sense till Diwali for facelifted City with cosmetic changes . The present ANHC is a fantastic car which still sets benchmarks and now with the eye popping on road pricing that you have got, its a steal . When the facelifts happen, I am sure that the present pricing would not continue - right now ANHC is priced below its competitors , with the facelifts I am reasonably sure that Honda would bridge the gap partially or fully ( to your disadvantage ) . Heavens help you if Honda does to the facelifted City what Ford did to the pricing of the new Fiesta

In case you are very keen on the Civic then it makes sense to wait as I believe that Honda is going to make wholesale changes to the Civic - unlike ANHC its not set the sales chart on fire for a sustainable period so the problem lies in more than pricing . In light of the significant changes that are planned ( unlike the City's cosmetic changes) , if you are going for the Civic, it makes sense to wait.
Cheers
Old 18th July 2011, 01:57   #364
Senior - BHPian

Though the changes will mostly be cosmetic. Some important features like ACC and reverse camera or sensors etc could be added too. So IMHO if not in a great hurry i would wait for the facelift.

Regarding the civic too. If i were in your shoes i would wait for the All new Civic. As the current one has been around since 2006.

Fab deals going on right now on practically all Honda's. Its all a matter of personal choice now.
Good luck with your decision.
Old 18th July 2011, 08:37   #365
BHPian

I agree City is very tempting now. How about choosing between SMT and VMT, where VMT is also missing ACC, bluetooth and other fancy features which even a Manza has. Isnt SMT more VFM ? How strange is that Honda is giving 4 alloys in VMT and the stepney is not an alloy!! surprising !!
Old 18th July 2011, 08:43   #366
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I agree City is very tempting now. How about choosing between SMT and VMT, where VMT is also missing ACC, bluetooth and other fancy features which even a Manza has. Isnt SMT more VFM ? How strange is that Honda is giving 4 alloys in VMT and the stepney is not an alloy!! surprising !!
The diff. between SMT and VMT is purely cosmetic : alloy wheels, fog lamps, chrome door handles etc.; there is no feature addition.

SMT is the best thing out there. BUT, if you plan to install a music system of your choice; EMT is the best bet. You can chose the music system you want, the alloys, seats you want.

So, if you want to change things, go for EMT; if you're happy with stock and don't want to indulge in cosmetic enhancements, go for SMT.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:11   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Stepney or the spare wheel is generally never an alloy in I would say 90% of the cars. There are a few exceptions such as T-Jet who give all 5 wheels as alloys. So, that can't be a deal breaker.

Regarding choosing between SMT and VMT, like libranof1987 mentioned, rather go for EMT. EMT makes most sense in ANHC IMO. The stock music system of ANHC is nothing great(Jazz's system is better than ANHC) and all others are cosmetic changes, mostly. My friend bought an EMT and used all the money he saved on not buying S or V variant, in fully loading his car with his choice of music system, leather seats, sun films, remote locking with window up-down function, etc.

If I were you, I would go and grab the ANHC right NOW. Its a mouth watering deal and like most of us expect, the changes in the facelifted ANHC might not be mind-blowing or something that you might repent later on. So go for it. All the best!
Old 18th July 2011, 11:41   #368
BHPian

Quote:
All dealers. I've got this info from Automax and Pearl Honda.

Plus there is a corporate discount too. So SMT should cost me 8.55 OTR and VMT 9.05 OTR.

Will there be a price drop in Civic. I'm more interested in Civic if that happens.
Hi Compenn ,
I have been offered pretty good discount deals from some dealers worth over 50k here in Delhi. I am planning to get the City this week. If you are interested, let me know (pm me your number) , maybe we could club together and sweeten the deal even further.

By the way the facelifted city would not be coming before next year. Me too was in this dilemma but have finally decided to take the plunge and go in for the present one as 6 months is a big time to be waiting for just a facelifted model with some conmetic changes here and there. Moreover the discounts would also be zero at the time of the facelifted model.
Old 18th July 2011, 11:52   #369
BHPian

On strictly conscious budget I tend to agree fully with what @libranof1987 said. You have wide variety of choices to choose in everything else to pepup your car with following disclaimers:

Seat: No issues.
After Market Alloy wheels: Suspension warranty void.
Tyre Upgrade: Suspension warranty void.
Music System, reverse sensor, any electrical item: Anycut in the wiring during any electrical installation leads electrical warranty void.

Please note I am not trying to scare you off.
Many people ignore these warranty's and still go for the customisations and have been happy for very long without need to claim these warranty so, its not that big deal even if you choose to ignore them.I am just trying to make you aware of certain aspects which will help you decide better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

The stock music system of ANHC is nothing great(Jazz's system is better than ANHC) and all others are cosmetic changes, mostly. My friend bought an EMT and used all the money he saved on not buying S or V variant, in fully loading his car with his choice of music system, leather seats, sun films, remote locking with window up-down function, etc.
Ajay I beg to differ here.
The stock music system of ANHC (coming with "V" Variant which is with additional twitters) is the best in its class (not comparing NFF and ANHV as I haven't experienced them yet). The ANHC music system is also the best among the classes below otherwise.
Now I agree there can always be a personal preference coming in here but its now at all BAD to disregard completely. Unless you want to hear ever note clearly from a 8 way system; unless you want to vibrate your hood with all the bass in this world or you are a BIG TIME Audiophile; the current "V" series ANHC music system is "Very" good.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 18th July 2011 at 11:54.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:26   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Many people ignore these warranty's and still go for the customisations and have been happy for very long without need to claim these warranty so, its not that big deal even if you choose to ignore them.I am just trying to make you aware of certain aspects which will help you decide better.
Yes the part about warranty being void is absolutely true. Something that has caused me considerable anguish, since I wanted to go for at least 195'ers plus get reverse parking sensors fitted. Anyways, enough is enough, I will upgrade the tyres shortly, warranty be damned. Also, does anyone know how to get the reverse parking sensors fitted without cutting the wires? Any help on that front will be extremely helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Ajay I beg to differ here.
The stock music system of ANHC (coming with "V" Variant which is with additional twitters) is the best in its class (not comparing NFF and ANHV as I haven't experienced them yet). The ANHC music system is also the best among the classes below otherwise.
Now I agree there can always be a personal preference coming in here but its now at all BAD to disregard completely. Unless you want to hear ever note clearly from a 8 way system; unless you want to vibrate your hood with all the bass in this world or you are a BIG TIME Audiophile; the current "V" series ANHC music system is "Very" good.
For its class, the music system in the ANHC is pretty good. You can always take your pen drive along and check it out just to be sure.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:39   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Hi Compenn ,
I am planning to get the City this week. If you are interested, let me know (pm me your number) , maybe we could club together and sweeten the deal even further.
I'm unable to PM you. Please PM me the price you are getting and which dealer. Which model are you planning to go for. I'm confused between SMT and VMT.

Yes we can sure get together and negotiate more with the dealer if possible.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:41   #372
BHPian

Sorry to ask here, there may be an existing thread but what is a DSA discount. I went to a used car dealer to check Civic for my younger brother and the dealer said he can get me 10 -15k DSA discount on new ANHC besides all the discounts available.

Quote:
The Stepney or the spare wheel is generally never an alloy in I would say 90% of the cars. There are a few exceptions such as T-Jet who give all 5 wheels as alloys. So, that can't be a deal breaker.
Is it really true 90% cars come with 4 alloys? My SX4 ZXI also has all 5 alloys. What might be the logic of giving 4 alloys instead of 5 by the manufacturers (only cost cutting or something else) ?

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2011 at 18:35. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing back to back posts.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:58   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The stock music system of ANHC is nothing great(Jazz's system is better than ANHC) and all others are cosmetic changes, mostly. M
Well this is not true at all. You need to check out the music system and then see the difference. ANHC music system is best in class and even without tweeters it sounds just perfect. Just compare the music difference between the Vento and City. Most people will not upgrade to aftermarket stuff as the system is already so good.

@compenn, I will suggest you to go for SMT model as there are not much difference between V & S so I guess SMT is VFM model. And try Ring Road Honda as they are known to give better deal and much better sales and servicing experience.

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th July 2011 at 13:01.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:32   #374
Senior - BHPian

Ok ok ok, looks like I have pressed the wrong button. I did not word my statement properly, my bad. @RemingtonSteele, @bluevolt: C H I L L !

ANHC'c music system is good, but if you read my last post carefully, I mentioned that Jazz's system is better than ANHC. I did not compare it with others in the segment. I also agree that if you are not an audiophile, you would like the system.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 15:04   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Ok ok ok, looks like I have pressed the wrong button. I did not word my statement properly, my bad. @RemingtonSteele, @bluevolt: C H I L L !
No probs dear.
But really the the stock music system isn't bad at all as your words made it out to be .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks