Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 22:48   #421
BHPian

Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I feel you can get more. IMO if you can squeeze in leather seats, that will be a good deal. So try hard for the leather seat covers.
Thanks Ajay. I will ask them for leather seat covers. The sales chap mentioned the pure leather cover costs 35K and art leather seat covers cost 8.5K. I am interested in pure leather seat covers only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Push hard for all three. If they dont agree to all. Then get atleast 2 out of 3.
dont feel embarassed to haggle. Work your way up the chain from your sales rep to the manager of sales.
Take your cheque book with you, show to them that you are serious. They will bow down. Trust me.
Also dont forget to throw in a full body cover before handing over the booking cheque.
Good luck!
Thanks mdsaab. I will ask for all the three. My negotiating skills are very poor and it is really embarassing to ask for discounts or free accessary. But, you have a point. Its our hard earned money and we deserve to get the best deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Seriously go and squeeze them.
I have already got a 60k discount + 15K corporate discount and still haven't haggled
Cheers
Now thats a good deal. My sales chap says my company is not in the corporate discount eligilbe list. I am planning to go to another Honda dealer in chennai and see what they can offer.
Old 21st July 2011, 23:30   #422
BANNED

Quote:
Seriously go and squeeze them.

I have already got a 60k discount + 15K corporate discount and still haven't haggled

Cheers
tomorrow I will start a new bargain ... thanks for the info
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:19   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Come on man, don't embarrass me mate
Yes if you were in Pune i would have helped you out mate.
Ajay, when are we going to the Honda showroom to pick out a new ride?

Guna, thanks for the clarification, seeing no slots in the bumper i thought one may need to get it changed.
Please dont feel embarrased at all. I was really complimenting your bargaining skills. I am far far away from bargaining. But, will surely talk to you before buying my next car. BTW, you were not there for the dinner meet yesterday. Was looking forward to meet you.
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:00   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
Now thats a good deal. My sales chap says my company is not in the corporate discount eligilbe list. I am planning to go to another Honda dealer in chennai and see what they can offer.

Hey Jammy, PM me your company name and I will let you know if what the sales guy is saying is true or not. I have their corporate discount list and will let you know what category your company falls in. Hope that helps

Cheers
Uday
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:12   #425
BANNED

latest offer from Magnum for EMT

7.11 lacs ( 15 K + 32k further discount) ex showroom plus reverse sensor + sun film. option pack : add 20 k to get 5 honda alloys, underbody rust cover, remote lock .

I am ofcourse asking for more.. would be glad if someone can add value ( read discount)

Last edited by siddutta : 22nd July 2011 at 15:14.
siddutta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:57   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post

7.11 lacs ( 15 K + 32k further discount) ex showroom plus reverse sensor + sun film. option pack : add 20 k to get 5 honda alloys, underbody rust cover, remote lock .

I am ofcourse asking for more.. would be glad if someone can add value ( read discount)
Looks like a very good deal. You can ask for couple of freebies like body cover which costs 1500 INR and perfumes etcetera as per your wish.
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:25   #427
BHPian

Quote:

Thats a good deal Sid. You could ask them to provide you body colored door handles, body colored mud flaps and also the reverse sensors in body colour (unless you are going in for Nighthawk black ANHC)..

What about the ICE? since the EM/T doesn't have any ICE or steering mounted controls, are you planning on the CASKA unit? that will take care of your reverse sensor requirement, since this has a camera unit as well..

Cheers and Congrats on a good deal.
Uday

Last edited by uday.ere : 22nd July 2011 at 16:28.
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:32   #428
BHPian

Folks, asking this question on a friend's behalf:

What is the maximum discount that he can get on EMT & SMT variants in Kerala after the price drop? Which all accessories can my friend bargain for?

Cheers
Rishi
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:55   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Folks, asking this question on a friend's behalf:

What is the maximum discount that he can get on EMT & SMT variants in Kerala after the price drop? Which all accessories can my friend bargain for?

Cheers
Rishi
You can ask corporate discount along with additional cash discount as much as possible. Try your bargaining skills. Also do check with other dealers also in your city before finalizing the deal. Other than cash discount you can ask for freebies like body cover, sun films, perfumes, body moldings, reverse sensor etcetera. (It is not necessary that you will get all freebies but can give a try).
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:59   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
You have to remember that the whole front bumper will be changed for the fog lamps to be fixed which will done by Honda i.e 28k including bumper & Fog lights
You dont need to change the bumper for the fog lamps. Deccan Honda guys have told me that the bumper has the provision and all they have to do is cut the fog lamp area to place the unit.

The cost quoted by them was 20k was for the fitting and wiring charges.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:00   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Sweet deal, could you elaborate on the 60K, is it insurance + cash discount or certain accesories?

Anything you have learned so far about the updated city from you recent visits to the dealership, is it coming this year?
Its basically taking off 60K from the on road price. So they would adjust it in insurance, etc.

The dealership is tight lipped on the updates but I am sure all the usual cosmetic suspects like bluetooth, acc, led lights etc will be in.

The dealership said no EMT for 4 months. So that maybe the turnaround time for the updated City.

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:09   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post

Quote:
tomorrow I will start a new bargain ... thanks for the info
I may have further updates once I go to the dealership tomorrow.

Do keep all of us updated on your best offers.

Cheers

Last edited by sahakar : 22nd July 2011 at 18:12.
Old 22nd July 2011, 19:33   #433

I haven't taken a final call on the Honda City. Not yet. but thought of sharing this with you all:

The best quote I have got from Pride Honda in Hyderabad is 10.5 L OTR for ANHC V-AT. I have asked him for further discount and he says that is the best offer and it may not be available for long. He is willing to give me floor mats and mud flaps etc and under body coating for rust protection.

I have asked him for tinting and leather upholstery (asking for too much?). But he laughed it off saying its not possible.

You think I can ask him for good discount on a Caska system?

OK..Off to become part of the Potter Duniya, for the next 3 hrs, with my son. Think about it..All they need is a bloody Broomstick. You can sweep the floor and than just fly off to dream destinations.

Ciao.

Quote:

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2011, 22:19   #434
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
I am planning to visit another Honda dealer in Chennai tomorrow and see if they offer a better deal. Will definitely post the update.
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:05   #435
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jammy. One of my colleague was interested in the city and I suggested him to take a look at this thread. Please post the details along with the name of the dealer and the best offer that you received, it will be very helpful in our decision making process.

From my previous experience, I found capital honda better than sundaram and olympia in chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28

I am planning to visit another Honda dealer in Chennai tomorrow and see if they offer a better deal. Will definitely post the update.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed