Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:09   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra98 View Post
I haven't taken a final call on the Honda City. Not yet. but thought of sharing this with you all:

The best quote I have got from Pride Honda in Hyderabad is 10.5 L OTR for ANHC V-AT. I have asked him for further discount and he says that is the best offer and it may not be available for long. He is willing to give me floor mats and mud flaps etc and under body coating for rust protection.

I have asked him for tinting and leather upholstery (asking for too much?). But he laughed it off saying its not possible.

You think I can ask him for good discount on a Caska system?

This is quite a good deal IMO. You are already getting the car cheaper by 65K. You can definitely ask for tinting and body cover along with this. Other than this I am not sure if the dealer will give you anything much.
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:28   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
You can ask corporate discount along with additional cash discount as much as possible. Try your bargaining skills. Also do check with other dealers also in your city before finalizing the deal. Other than cash discount you can ask for freebies like body cover, sun films, perfumes, body moldings, reverse sensor etcetera. (It is not necessary that you will get all freebies but can give a try).
Here's the deal we got in Pune for SMT [copied from the New Price Check thread where details are also posted]:

Final OTR Price: 8.69L [includes a total discount of 70K]

Free Accessories:
Sun Film [Side and Back]
Side Protectors
Backup Sensor
Artificial Leather Seat covers
Side Step Garnish

We agreed to split the price on the bumper protectors, so we are paying him about 6K for this.

Final OTR price including accessories: 8.75L
Old 23rd July 2011, 02:24   #438
Senior - BHPian

3k more by cash discount
Body cover for sure.
And the idea of asking them to paint the door handles etc is a great one.
Or if you like the chrome and its possible opt for those.
Old 23rd July 2011, 10:45   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
And the idea of asking them to paint the door handles etc is a great one.
Or if you like the chrome and its possible opt for those.
But SMT already comes with body colored painted door handles, though he can opt for chrome painting if he wishes.
Old 23rd July 2011, 17:01   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
latest offer from Magnum for EMT

7.11 lacs ( 15 K + 32k further discount) ex showroom plus reverse sensor + sun film. option pack : add 20 k to get 5 honda alloys, underbody rust cover, remote lock .

I am ofcourse asking for more.. would be glad if someone can add value ( read discount)
Good deal Siddutta, is that 15K corporate discount by any chance?

What is the final on-road price they are quoting for E-MT and S-MT models?

Is this the Kanakpura road showroom?
Old 23rd July 2011, 22:51   #441
BHPian

So I went City shopping to 3 honda dealers in Chennai today. The best offer I could get is 50K cash discount and 3M sunfilm & car cover as free accessories. All of them offer the same thing with few grands +/-.
Old 24th July 2011, 00:08   #442
BHPian

Nothing more to add today.

Went to the dealership today. Deal remains pretty much the same 50k standard + another 5K + 15K corporate.

Sunfilm, telfon coating, car cover free.

Will go to a rival dealership next week.

@alam86 seems to have got a good deal. I think we can expect the same as the final deal for this month.

Am thinking now whether August will give us a better deal or not?

Cheers
Old 24th July 2011, 01:21   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Nothing more to add today.

@alam86 seems to have got a good deal. I think we can expect the same as the final deal for this month.

Am thinking now whether August will give us a better deal or not?

Cheers
One thing to keep in mind for us - we did not get any corporate discount. Not sure if that is why we got the extra discount and freebies - although the freebies we got are worth approx 30K.
Old 24th July 2011, 09:04   #444
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed with my sales rep.
70K cash confirmed.
He said after that. Either take a bit more in cash.
Or free accessories of your choice.
Though he did say illuminated side step garnish would be tough to get in this deal.
Well he said it all depends on how you balance the accessories you choose. He has a certain limit which he can adjust, beyond that will not be possible.
Old 24th July 2011, 13:25   #445
Senior - BHPian

Is this across all variants? I beleive we can add corporate discount of 15k added to it if applicable.

If you have the OTR after discounted price in chennai, can you please post the details? Thank you Jammy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
So I went City shopping to 3 honda dealers in Chennai today. The best offer I could get is 50K cash discount and 3M sunfilm & car cover as free accessories. All of them offer the same thing with few grands +/-.
Old 24th July 2011, 18:43   #446
BHPian

Had been to Dakshin Honda, Bangalore couple of days back. Seems they have only White E-MT's , and that too very limited number. Is Honda winding up the E-MT variant?

The S-MT comes to about 10.08 OTR. He will offer 15k corporate discount, 24k 1st year insurance free, and some accessories . Regarding the accessories, i haven't negotiated with him yet. So considering all this , a total discount of maybe 50k would be offered. Waiting period is only 2 weeks.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:42   #447
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Good deal Siddutta, is that 15K corporate discount by any chance?

What is the final on-road price they are quoting for E-MT and S-MT models?

Is this the Kanakpura road showroom?
yes 15k is a corporate discount
Old 24th July 2011, 23:04   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
latest offer from Magnum for EMT

7.11 lacs ( 15 K + 32k further discount) ex showroom plus reverse sensor + sun film. option pack : add 20 k to get 5 honda alloys, underbody rust cover, remote lock .

I am ofcourse asking for more.. would be glad if someone can add value ( read discount)
Hey have you had any updates on the offer from them?

I've also booked an E-MT from Magnum. The offer they had given me was 8.7 OTR with no extra freebies. After i mentioned your deal they told me they will match it and give it to me for 8.73 OTR including the reverse sensor + sun film(only sides+rear). On asking further he said it is either Llumar or 3M. Im pushing for 3M RE50 for which i think they will agree.

One slight issue though. Today when i was checking about the warranty, they told me that the price does not include the 4 yr extended warranty/RSA + Essential kit. The Original OTR including Ext Warranty/RSA + Essential kit is 9.2 and they had mentioned 50k discount. So i assumed that the 8.7 price they quoted to me included the RSA + Essential kit (Rs. 10,200 and 3,000 as per their price list). But that is not the case, and so effectively the discount is only 37k.

Oh and when i mentioned that you have got a quote of 20k for alloys, remote lock and underbody rust protection, he said it is impossible and that their cost price of the alloys itself is 23k (and are you sure they said 5 alloys, i think they sell only 4 alloys).

Can you please confirm if the quote they have given you includes the Ext Warranty/RSA + Essential kit? And if you dont mind could you share the details of which SA you have been dealing with at Magnum (please PM the details to me if you dont want to post it in public). Would appreciate your help, thanks

Last edited by radiokidb : 24th July 2011 at 23:10.
Old 25th July 2011, 09:35   #449
Senior - BHPian

You can easily get anywhere between 50-70K off. Along with a choice of accessories. Which should be around another 10-20K. Also this price includes the 4 year warranty and RSA
Old 25th July 2011, 11:21   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
You can easily get anywhere between 50-70K off. Along with a choice of accessories. Which should be around another 10-20K. Also this price includes the 4 year warranty and RSA
None of the dealers in bangalore are offering deals like those. Even for the Jazz all the bangalore dealers were giving less discounts than the rest of the country (only 1.45 lakhs discount). However i am still waiting for sidutta's reply and will take up further negotiations from there. And if anyone else from Bangalore has managed to get better deals please post here.

One thing to note though is as per them, we are not eligible to get any corporate discount. My dad has his own company and it is being registered in company name, so no coporate discount as per them. I work for a corporate which is in Honda's list but they say they still cannot give us the corporate discount so we are losing out on 15k worth of corporate discount.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed