Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 15:13   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Clearly the falling numbers of City month after month and the Vento effect.

One question-Did the Honda guys have any choice other than this unlikely step of price cut.?
YES, another option was to pack it up with features like the Verna...However doing that takes time and maybe by Diwali Honda will surprise us again!!
Old 14th June 2011, 15:13   #32
BHPian

Too little, too late.

They have to do a lot more than just a price cut. The competition is strong and have a better product mix than Honda having only petrol engines in their line up.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Good move by Honda, finally after all those years of keeping the prices intact. One kick by the likes of Vento, Verna and the soonto be lauched Fiesta had made Honda re think of the falling sales. I wish they had come out with this before or during the Vento launch, they atleast would have given Vento a run for its money. But they still kept assuming that City would have its worshippers which definitely wasn't the case.

I think Honda should reduce the Jazz price as well ASAP.

Thanks GTO for that information.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

God bless competition!

This takes base-model ANHC price very close to base-model Jazz price. So unless Honda reduces the price of Jazz, this might actually mean the death of Jazz. From Honda's point of view, losing 100-odd Jazz sales might be OK if they can gain 1000-odd ANHC sales by this move.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:29   #35
Team-BHP Support

Boy, aren't we a bunch of speculators. First, if Honda will introduce a price cut and now that it has, why did it do so and what could be the consequences!

As many have mentioned, it is slightly early to start celebrating. A lot of people got ~50k off and that is near about the quantum of discount offered. So, we should see if the dealer gives further discounts. If so, then cheers to Honda! If that is not the case, Honda has just made the discounts offered by the dealers official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The City EMT with ABS & Airbags for 7.5L. It’s a great price. Hold on, the ABS & Airbags are still there right?
I'm pretty sure they'll not even dream of taking ABS and Airbags off. One of the reasons City is such a well-balanced car is the presence of these features in the base variant too.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th June 2011 at 15:38.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:30   #36
BHPian

This price cut've really made the Honda City an unbeatable Value for money posing a Real competition to VW Vento, New Verna & Diesel fuelled Polo Highline, i20 Asta now as ANHC is now mere 40k expensive than the latter & 16k cheaper than fluidic Verna .
Just wondering How many Premium hatchback buyers will shift on this car considering the Quality, feel & everything it offers.

What remains to be unanswered now is -What'll be fate of Jazz now ?
Is it also face the Price-cut soon or gets cannibalised by Honda City from now.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 14th June 2011 at 15:40. Reason: Text editing
Old 14th June 2011, 15:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
What remains to be unanswered now is -What'll be fate of Jazz now ?
Is it also face the Price-cut soon or gets cannibalised by Honda City from now.
Two options possible - 1) Honda reduces the price of Jazz and positions it as a competetion to i20, Polos etc 2) Get the Jazz with a bigger engine and position as a competetion to the City itself.

Will either of the options revive Jazz sales - The almighty only knows.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:39   #38
BHPian

Good for Honda and prospective customers; but for the existing owners, it's a severe blow! 66k in the ex-showroom price would affect the pre-owned section in anywhere between 80-100k and that really *hurts*

Instead they could have thrown in some of these (insurance, extended warranty and like so) for free.

But, with Vento's and Verna's (Fiesta on the way ) going up and up, this is indeed a good move by Honda.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:42   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
This takes base-model ANHC price very close to base-model Jazz price.
Insider information = Jazz price cut is confirmed. Management speculating on the timing:

- If they announce it now, in the wake of the City's price cut, it might become "too much news"

- How will it affect the Brio?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 15:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

What the hell? Does this mean Honda was enjoying so much in profits all these days? I though Engine parts from Thailand, Maybe lower levels of localisation were responsible for their cars having a higher sticker price!
Shame on you HONDA! Now what are you going to do about all the people who bought City in the previous months??! This is not the right approach!
Now this will again ruin Honda's reputation in the market! Now people should not buy Civic or Accord or Jazz until Honda gives us a reasonable pricing!
Give me my 44k back now!

Last edited by aravind.anand : 14th June 2011 at 15:48.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Good move by Honda ! City has been their bread and butter model so it was evident that City would 1st get price slash . Next in line should be Jazz, Accord & CRV. Civic would be getting the Next Gen model next year . A sweeter deal would be getting the facelift with additional features at the slashed price
Old 14th June 2011, 15:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Insider information = Jazz price cut is confirmed. Management speculating on the timing:

- If they announce it now, in the wake of the City's price cut, it might become "too much news"

- How will it affect the Brio?
Great ! They have to do that else no body will buy Jazz if City is almost at the same price. I guess base variant will sell a lot. It like almost 75-80 K off on Road. I guess base model will be now less than 8.5 L on road. That is a really good price, i wont say its very low but its damn tempting i might consider now City as my next car.

With Jazz they have to offer more discounts. Then only it can compete with I20, Polo etc. 1 L will be great on ex show room http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...s/Clapping.gif
Old 14th June 2011, 15:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Most of Honda's cars are overpriced, more so in recent years. Earlier they used to be in manageable limits but now NO. Imagine a CRV type vehicle selling for 25Lacs is preposterous. Also shows the amount of profits they have been squeezing out of us. It was long time overdue.

Last edited by dkaile : 14th June 2011 at 15:52.
Old 14th June 2011, 16:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

Have they increased the localisation of City? Seems like it. But in that case, shouldn't they be slashing the prices of Jazz as well (since it is supposed to share a lot of components of City)?
Could the reason for higher price cut on E variant compared to S and V be because of more localisation of the basic model while still relying on imports of additional features of S and V?
Old 14th June 2011, 16:08   #45
BHPian

Vento, New Verna, SX4 Petrol& diesel sedans - having garnered reasonable numbers from Honda City with the Mid June launch of New Fiesta from Ford, Now the Mighty Arrogant Honda in India is made to offer 66K price correction on base version of City.

Still Honda offers only petrol cars. With the price sensitivity that prevail in Indian market, near 70Rs petrol price sales will continue to remain dull. However price reduction can bring immediate respite to deeply erroded Honda city sales numbers for June.

To retain leadership in the segment, what Honda needs to do is offer a diesel engine at the new prices on its City sedan. Honda city 1.6 Diesel Engine with A/T should not exceed 10L for ex-show room prices.

Edit: Over 8% on base E variant can be reduced by Honda on its city. This act showcases the heights of profits made by car makers in India! Buyers in India must refust to buy those price hiked diesel cars (i.e. Vento diesel recently been hiked 22K to loot Indians )for two months. Then car makers will ask govenment for reduced taxes for car market to sustain which will benefit customers.

Last edited by harimakesh : 14th June 2011 at 16:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks