Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 18:24   #181
BANNED

Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

the pricelist query at Fiat-India website returns this message
" The Prices are currently under updation. Inconvenience caused is regretted."

is there a correction on its way?
Old 15th June 2011, 18:35   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post

They may be updating/refreshing their database (for example adding a new city, correcting errors etc.) and hence may show this error.
Old 15th June 2011, 19:08   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
@spadix: The quote wasn't detailed enough to make it clear.
Ok, so let's build upon the same example you've given. Please look at the attached spreadsheet. The second scenario (column C) is what your friend fit into.

Assumptions -

1. Same basket of accessories as was promised to mdsaab by his Pune dealer, and assuming same prices in Bengaluru.
2. Road tax is strictly 15% of ex-showroom price (Bengaluru). Any discrepancy from the figures you quoted is a difference I've applied to all scenarios.
3. Road-tax is rounded up to nearest 10 always like in Hyderabad.
4. No discounts other than corporate and insurance are adjusted against ex-showroom price by dealer.
5. Accessories no longer distributed as freebies by dealers, just like has been observed in Pune (by mdsaab) and NCR (by bluevolt if I'm not mistaken).
6. Dealer will not waive/give away S-kit for free. (I could never get Pride Honda to waive handling charges of 8k for my Civic and they gave me a "free" Teflon coat with a nice set of swirls despite my repeated insistence not to.)
7. Extended warranty and roadside assistance prices as posted by mdsaab a few posts back.

Please feel free to play around with the spreadsheet as you see fit.

Regards,
spadix
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ANHC vs. ANPCHC V MT (Blr).xlsx (13.0 KB, 525 views)
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 21:07   #184
Senior - BHPian

This is good news for buyers who were desparately wanting to buy the City, but was deterred with the cost. But I still feel that the car will not sell extremely well with this cut. People are more worried about daily running cost compared to the initial cost.

On Jazz, I hope they dont reduce the cost. I want the Jazz to be niche to enjoy the exclusivity. I didnt buy the car for its value for money factor, but for the all round practicality and the Honda brand name.
Old 15th June 2011, 21:12   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post

no my friend . they have already revised the prices in may but forget to update that on their website . typical fiat ..i must say!!
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 21:29   #186
BHPian

I have been on the lookout for a new car for ages and finally the long wait is over. I have taken quotes from few dealers and will be booking either SMT or EMT model soon.

I still wonder if its worth it going for SMT just for stereo/body colored kit etc. I rather install better tyres and alloys with a cool ICE and enjoy the drive. Honda is offering corporate discounts over and above the current price cut which I feel is a good offer however they have discontinued 4 yrs warranty and road side assistance.

It would be interesting to see see the additional warranty cost. They are offering body package with Teflon and anti rust for approx 8000 with warranty. I hope its worth the cash.

I will update on the purchase soon and yes I am going for the Urban Titanium color.
Old 15th June 2011, 21:51   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
I still wonder if its worth it going for SMT just for stereo/body colored kit etc. I rather install better tyres and alloys with a cool ICE and enjoy the drive.
Hey, I'd suggest you go for SMT. You get Remote locking as standard feature.

Plus, you get the Radio/USB player and Steering mounted controls. Fine, you can get a CD player installed after market but you'll miss the steering mounted controls. That is an attraction.

Also, even SMT doesn't come with alloys so you'd be fitting them extra anyway. So, consider SMT.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:02   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would be interesting to see see the additional warranty cost. They are offering body package with Teflon and anti rust for approx 8000 with warranty. I hope its worth the cash.
Look at the Excel sheet above to get a feel of how it all works out.

Spend the 8k on extended warranty (or topping up your insurance with zero-depreciation if you like).

Do *not* go for the meaningless Teflon and anti-rust treatment.

Regards,
spadix
Old 15th June 2011, 22:24   #189
BHPian

i like the idea that even the high and mighty have to respect the market and the competition. IMO the price correction is also done quickly in light of the recall which did no good to honda's image. and to top it off the recent price increase of petrol probably just aided the cause.

all in all better for the consumer!

Last edited by Mafia : 15th June 2011 at 22:27.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:35   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been on the lookout for a new car for ages and finally the long wait is over. I have taken quotes from few dealers and will be booking either SMT or EMT model soon.

I still wonder if its worth it going for SMT just for stereo/body colored kit etc. I rather install better tyres and alloys with a cool ICE and enjoy the drive.
From which showroom are you booking your car? RR Honda sector-18 is quoting 896000 for SMT model.

I guess you will miss the charm of factory fitted Music system (ICE of ANHC is fabulous), keyless entry, colored body kit, better upholstery if you go for EMT model. Now you decide which one is suitable for you. Tyre size remain same across all variants.

Last edited by bluevolt : 15th June 2011 at 22:37.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:51   #191
Senior - BHPian

The "Holier Than Thou" image of Honda is finally shattered. The Vento gave them sleepless nights & how !! They still have put off the diesel engined City / Accord / CRV launch, God only knows why ?

It is nice to see market forces working - finally !! They must have had to swallow their pride BIG time, to come up with discounted prices, thank their stars they did, the slipping sales finally made them sit up & take notice.

Hope they now wake up to market reality & realize that they (Honda) are not the only one's that make reliable cars.

Not to mention another petrol price hike in the offing

Cheers
Old 15th June 2011, 22:54   #192
Senior - BHPian

If it was really achieved due to localisation of parts, will I get spares at cheaper prices now?
Old 15th June 2011, 22:58   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

The V-2 ( Vento-Verna ) phobia has taken its toll on the Honda SIEL management.
Guess they had to take the nod from the Honda management in Japan. The management is already shattered with the 11/3/2011 quake and the supply of components to the Indian arm, though most of these come from S.E. Asia.
There is a domino effect and the just price slashed Jazz prices (first ever by Honda Siel) will be nearer to the newly slashed City as I was reading in the media. However, to overcome this problem they can launch a new combo model CITYJAZZ with the best of both worlds.
Having diesels in the range is the only way to taste success in the Indian car market today. Honda has been doing without it for more than a decade, whereas MSIL with no diesel in its armory was shrewd enough to rediscover its family tree via the GM-Fiat route and then get the MJD's.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 15th June 2011 at 22:59.
Old 15th June 2011, 23:19   #194
BHPian

This is a desperate move by Honda - pruning margins to protect market share - they've been hit hard by VW Vento and the ANHV, in particular.

Honda mgmt has had an ostrich-like attitude over the last few years - they buried their head in the sand - when their domination was challenged by smarter competitors and believing their 'high-and-mighty' brand image would be their magic wand to ensure sales.

I've felt for a long period of time that the ANHC - while having a brilliant engine, terrific styling and decent space - is a poor VFM proposition and it was the brand that enabled it a charge a premium that competition couldnt.

Finally, their brand premium has been negated by strong brands (VW!) coming in, improved product introduction by competition, growing popularity of diesel.

Honda - you've badly mismanaged the last few years - show us what you've got up your sleeve !
Old 15th June 2011, 23:28   #195
BHPian

I am yet to speak to Ring Road honda. I used to take my type II city to Prime Honda for Service so decided to call them. They were super quick in responding but I am undecided on SMT and EMT. EMT is coming under 8 lacs with insurance but if I book SMT ill have to spend atleast 60 k extra , though not a big deal but then I might think of the V or infact the Exclusive version and price may go up.

My logic in buying EMT is simple if all variants have purely cosmetic updates why spend a lac extra on minor updates when the heart of the car: "engine" and other safety features like ABS with EBD and Airbags are standard.

I am going to keep the car now for minimum 8-10 yrs like I kept my old one and am sure the cost of maintenance would be negligible. I spent only 10-12000 on my previous City and am sure I wont be disappointed now too.

I will also check the body kit if they can offer it on a good discount. Wont teflon be useful to avoid minor surface scratches? My current car has had enough of them and I keep on using stain removers to keep the car in good condition but Ive been told that good quality coating in the beginning can help avoid scratches through clothes, keys, other minor things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
From which showroom are you booking your car? RR Honda sector-18 is quoting 896000 for SMT model.

I guess you will miss the charm of factory fitted Music system (ICE of ANHC is fabulous), keyless entry, colored body kit, better upholstery if you go for EMT model. Now you decide which one is suitable for you. Tyre size remain same across all variants.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks