Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 12:23   #301
gou
BHPian

Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Definitely a good move by Honda. But what about people who just booked the car?

One of my colleagues got the delivery of the car the day this cut was announced. He came to know about this price cut after taking the delivery and was obviously upset on paying a higher price.

Honda should have taken care of people who have booked the car and were due for the delivery.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:00   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
In case of the Civic at least, the manual explicitly points out 5k kms or *6* months whichever is earlier, even though dealers would have you come once in 3 months. I wonder what the ANHC manual says.
I dont have the ANHC owners manual in front of me, but what I can remember is: Honda recomends 6 months/5000 KM, whichever is earlier for service. They have a 3 months for general health check-up, but that's not mandatory.

Cheers
Pratim
Old 21st June 2011, 16:27   #303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
I dont have the ANHC owners manual in front of me, but what I can remember is: Honda recomends 6 months/5000 KM, whichever is earlier for service. They have a 3 months for general health check-up, but that's not mandatory.
Thank God for that. Used to be 3 months. Now I can advise my friend who is stuck with this about the change. The poor chap drives less than 5000km per annum and was being almost forced to get it serviced every three months.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:27   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post

Cheers
Pratim
The ANHC manual says 3 months or 5000 Kms whichever is earlier.
The manual also points to the checkpoints that undergo check every 3 months.
Old 21st June 2011, 16:32   #305
BANNED

Obviously, they have had some sense pumped into their heads by the falling sales.

Do Honda make such lousy cars that they need to be looked at every three months! Or do they think others are off their rockers talking of once a year!
Old 21st June 2011, 16:40   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gou View Post

One of my colleagues got the delivery of the car the day this cut was announced. He came to know about this price cut after taking the delivery and was obviously upset on paying a higher price.

Honda should have taken care of people who have booked the car and were due for the delivery.
I don't know about the terms your friend got but as has been pointed out by many in this thread and on a couple of other threads, there are cases where deals made before the price cut was announced are actually lighter on the pocket. Earlier, insurance was at INR 1 and extended warranty and Honda Roadside Assistance (for 4 years) were free. Now they're not. Also, dealers were willing to pass of more discounts earlier. Not any more. Put together, these things more or less make up the difference. Perhaps your friend shouldn't feel bad after all!

Regards,
spadix
Old 22nd June 2011, 09:12   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gou

Did your friend not get any discounts at all?
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:26   #308
BHPian

On their official Facebook page, Honda India posted this today...haha...they are trying hard to keep their sales going!

Actually, Car & Bike Show on NDTV had asked this question on their Facebook page; Honda posted it on their Wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!-hondafb.jpg  

Last edited by pamishra : 22nd June 2011 at 16:27.
pamishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:11   #309
gou
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I don't know about the terms your friend got but as has been pointed out by many in this thread and on a couple of other threads, there are cases where deals made before the price cut was announced are actually lighter on the pocket. Earlier, insurance was at INR 1 and extended warranty and Honda Roadside Assistance (for 4 years) were free. Now they're not. Also, dealers were willing to pass of more discounts earlier. Not any more. Put together, these things more or less make up the difference. Perhaps your friend shouldn't feel bad after all!

Regards,
spadix
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Did your friend not get any discounts at all?
I guess he got the discounts which @spadix mentioned. But I believe it would have been lighter on his pocket now. May be he would have been happier if its costs less even if he gets Roadside assistance for 2 years instead of y years. Reason being he has already overstretched his budget.
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:25   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gou View Post
I guess he got the discounts which @spadix mentioned. But I believe it would have been lighter on his pocket now. May be he would have been happier if its costs less even if he gets Roadside assistance for 2 years instead of y years. Reason being he has already overstretched his budget.
I uploaded a spreadsheet a couple of pages back where I compared "then" and "now" landed prices given a certain set of assumptions.

Perhaps your friend could try plugging in some numbers into that spreadsheet and get hard data?

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:43   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Obviously, they have had some sense pumped into their heads by the falling sales.

Do Honda make such lousy cars that they need to be looked at every three months! Or do they think others are off their rockers talking of once a year!
SG even if Honda recommends 3 months as service interval you can always go for every "other" - i.e. 6 months interval.

What will Honda do to you?

As a matter of fact even if you go after 1 year - what will they do? Refuse to take in your car?
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:26   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Refuse to honour the warranty for one, should you ever need it, God forbid.

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:03   #313
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
SG even if Honda recommends 3 months as service interval you can always go for every "other" - i.e. 6 months interval.

As a matter of fact even if you go after 1 year - what will they do? Refuse to take in your car?
Until the warranty is over, they can refuse to honour it. Once out of it (I do not care two hoots about the dealer enrichment programme called Extended Warranty) you are free to do what you want. I do under 10k per annum on each of my cars, and since about 1991 all have been on an annual service plan.

When they call you they try and scare you by their tone, as if heavens will fall, and the flood will come if you do not send the car in for service. Most people get scared!
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:13   #314
Senior - BHPian

It also has to do with the rapport one maintains with the service center personnel. In my case, my car is 15 months old and has covered 4k till date. I last serviced it in Nov 2010 which was the first paid service. I am yet to go in for the next service. When I asked the SA about it, he said not to worry and come in only when I complete 6k on the car. So no three month / six month interval for me.
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:12   #315
Senior - BHPian

Not quite sure if anybody have got an email, looks like the Jazz also has an offer
Insurance @ 1 + 55000 Cash Discount.

This would be the link Honda

@ Mods,
if this is against the spirit of team BHP please delete this post

Last edited by ku69rd : 23rd June 2011 at 16:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks