Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 19:12   #391
Senior - BHPian

Remi cuz spot on advice for tire upgrade.
BV i think you are right on the all new model front.
Honda usually has a 5 year cycle with a facelift approx every 2.5 to 3 years.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:16   #392
BANNED

Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
I had a offer (on phone) from Magnum Honda Bangalore EMT which is 40K off on the ex-showroom price + free sun film + reverse parking sensors .
should I buy some fog lamps from the market and ask them ti fit it ? Honda Fog lamps cost ~ 28000. any idea how much would regular good fog lamps cost ?
any particular reccomended fog lamps ?
Old 19th July 2011, 19:28   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
I had a offer (on phone) from Magnum Honda Bangalore EMT which is 40K off on the ex-showroom price + free sun film + reverse parking sensors .

i am planning to upgarde the tyres, which are the preferred one to increase the stability at high speeds but would not decrease the ground clearance.
Hey Siddutta, I am also in Bangalore and am planning to buy EMT. Dakshin Honda says that they have only white color in EMT. Do you know which other colors were available on EMT?
Old 19th July 2011, 19:35   #394
BHPian

Guys, Is there anyone else in Delhi/NCR who wants to buy a new City ? We are 2 of us who've gotten together to buy a City. If anyone else is also looking to buy one please PM me or mail me nitinc@live.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Just got a call from the dealership.. On road ANHC AT without leather is now 11L Mumbai with 50k off.. Also ready to discuss further reduction once I go to the showroom.

Base version has been discontinued and out of stock.

Cheers
How much was AT OTR without discounts in Mumbai ?

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th July 2011 at 09:36. Reason: Back to back posts within 20mins. Please use edit button if posting again within 20 mins. Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 22:52   #395
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Hey Siddutta, ....Do you know which other colors were available on EMT?
hi Aeroman

i have not discussed much about colors yet . Magnum told me about a silver & white readily available and whitefield honda has a Titanium..

what is the discount daskin offering you ?
Old 20th July 2011, 12:27   #396
BHPian

15K corporate discount and 20K cash discount. This was on the phone. Haven't negotiated in person yet. I see EMT as VFM as it will cost atleast 90+K less than SMT.
Old 20th July 2011, 14:49   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
Guys, Is there anyone else in Delhi/NCR who wants to buy a new City ? We are 2 of us who've gotten together to buy a City. If anyone else is also looking to buy one please PM me or mail me nitinc@live.com

How much was AT OTR without discounts in Mumbai ?
It was 11.5 OTR Mumbai before the 50k discount. Delhi will definitely be cheaper. Plus add any corporate discount. Also, if u do it thru a DSA you get another 10-15k off.

Cheers
Old 20th July 2011, 15:01   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I did the AT test drive last Sunday. Since I am driving an esteem now I enjoyed the AT even more. Main reason am looking at AT is for a very comfortable city drive and jerk free travel These minor facelift features interests me a lot. Need to check with my Sales guy in Bangalore to see if he has any clue. September is not too far away.

Edit: I spoke to Magnum Honda. Just quoting him verbatim. Not making any judgement.

He said EMT is available in Bangalore and is not out of stock. No new model/face lift is going to be launched in September. He says they are spending lots of time in Brio which will be launched in September and that's why Jazz production has also taken a backseat. He said Honda will bring a new model only when it has completed 5 years and not before that. All these promotions are to make Honda cars attractive for buyers who might go for a diesel car as the petrol prices are increasing. So it has more to do with petrol price than an inventory clearance.
If you still have access to an EMT, then I suggest go get it. You can spend the money that you save to spruce it up and keep some change also.

Its funny how each dealer is trying to cope with the upgrade rumors.

In Mumbai, at Santacruz we have a Honda and VW show rooms side by side.

The VW contact there used to work in Honda before said that thru his Honda sources a face lift is due in a couple of months. Honda folks at the dealership were elusive.

I found the ex Honda guy at VW to be more credible and he actually suggested me that if you want a driver's car then don't look anything beyond Tjet

But again if you do not care about bluetooth, etc, right now the deals are juicy especially the EMT.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 17:32   #399
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
I would highly recommend Michellin Primacy LC 195/60 R15 .
Its a worthy Upgrade size which infact increases the ground clearence by 3.3 mm to be exact without much change in the speedo meter specs.
the Sales guy is not preferring Michellin P LC 195/ 60 R15. he says
1. the suspension warranty might be void if i go for 195 instead of 175. he is not sure , but is saying might.
2. Ground clearance should decrease as the tyre size would decrease from 65 to 60
3. he says he would ensure stock Michelin 175/ 65 r15 without any cost increase.

i am not buying all his words, but I am bit confused

also should I go for expensive Honda fog lamsp or try to get some aftre market fog lamps
Old 20th July 2011, 18:00   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
15K corporate discount and 20K cash discount. This was on the phone. Haven't negotiated in person yet. I see EMT as VFM as it will cost atleast 90+K less than SMT.
Plus you can spruce it up according your taste, which is an added incentive.
I realized this, when i visited the Honda stockyard recently. and peeped into an EMT. nice slot there for a good touchscreen.
You can upgrade the tires and alloys together.
and get the door handles painted or get the chrome door handle from Honda itself.
Voila a very desirable ANHC!
Old 20th July 2011, 18:15   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab
Plus you can spruce it up according your taste, which is an added incentive.
I realized this, when i visited the Honda stockyard recently. and peeped into an EMT. nice slot there for a good touchscreen.
You can upgrade the tires and alloys together.
and get the door handles painted or get the chrome door handle from Honda itself.
Voila a very desirable ANHC!
Wish there was a E AT
Old 20th July 2011, 18:45   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wish there was a E AT
Tell me about it mate! I don't know why but low end AT variants never kicked off in India. They are mostly available in the top end Variant only.
I can only think of the i10 which offers AT in a variant other than the top end.
Old 20th July 2011, 18:49   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab
Tell me about it mate! I don't know why but low end AT variants never kicked off in India. They are mostly available in the top end Variant only.
I can only think of the i10 which offers AT in a variant other than the top end.
Exactly. And the options in diesel AT are also sparse. Somehow AT is looked as a premium feature. No idea why. Even in i10 I think AT version is the costliest one?
Old 20th July 2011, 18:57   #404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Somehow AT is looked as a premium feature. No idea why.
Simple - FE.

The average Indian has one thing on his mind - "kitna deti hai". When he sees at least a 2kmpl jump in MT over an AT, he'd obviously go for a MT.

AT is viewed as the following : "he must've returned from the US, has a lot of money and is very used to the AT".
Old 20th July 2011, 19:08   #405
BHPian

You have to remember that the whole front bumper will be changed for the fog lamps to be fixed which will done by Honda i.e 28k including bumper & Fog lights
Closed Thread

Most Viewed