Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 19:10   #406
BHPian

Re: Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
the Sales guy is not preferring Michellin P LC 195/ 60 R15. he says
1. the suspension warranty might be void if i go for 195 instead of 175. he is not sure , but is saying might.
He is right, if you upgrade the tyre size the suspension warranty voids. But still many people do it and they are happy with it.

Quote:
2. Ground clearance should decrease as the tyre size would decrease from 65 to 60
Nope the Ground clearance actually increases.
Refer the post below.

Pictorial: Attachment 572572

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Let me elaborate a bit more on the tyre specs.
When you say 175/65 R15: Width=175mm :: Sidewall(aspect ratio)=65% of Width 175mm= 113.75mm :: R= Radial :: Rim Diameter=15

Similarly,
for 195/60 R15: Width=195mm :: Sidewall(aspect ratio)=60% of Width 195mm= 117mm :: R= Radial :: Rim Diameter=15

From these you clearly see the Sidewall has increased to 117mm by approx 4mm
If the sidewall height reduces then no doubt the ride will be harsh & bumpier.

Ref: HowStuffWorks "How Tires Work"
Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 1 of 4
Visual Tyre Size Calculator | Kouki Tech

Quote:
3. he says he would ensure stock Michelin 175/ 65 r15 without any cost increase.
He will anyway give that to you if you really press him hard
Quote:
also should I go for expensive Honda fog lamsp or try to get some aftre market fog lamps
Honda fog lamps are exhorbitantly expensive.
I would suggest you to go for an after market (if at all necessary??).
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 10:11   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Exactly. And the options in diesel AT are also sparse. Somehow AT is looked as a premium feature. No idea why. Even in i10 I think AT version is the costliest one?
in the i10 you can opt for AT in the top of the line Asta variant.
You also have an option for AT in the middle of the line Sport variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Simple - FE.

The average Indian has one thing on his mind - "kitna deti hai". When he sees at least a 2kmpl jump in MT over an AT, he'd obviously go for a MT.

AT is viewed as the following : "he must've returned from the US, has a lot of money and is very used to the AT".
Spot on BRO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
You have to remember that the whole front bumper will be changed for the fog lamps to be fixed which will done by Honda i.e 28k including bumper & Fog lights
Yes, even i thought it would be the same. as the E and S variants do not have a slot for fog lights. So i guess this exorbitant price tag includes either a new bumper or changes to the existing one plus the fog lights.
one more question remains though, will the control be on the headlight stalk like in the V variant, or will it be a separate button installed to operate them. Clarify that part too.
-------

Regarding which OE tire brand you get. There is not much that can be done. I had requested our sales rep to make sure we get Michelin, but our car rolled out of the factory with MRF's But am pretty happy with them too.
What the sales rep said was that, he could exchange it with another car if you like, but then our warranty as well as the poor fellow's ride from who he exchanged it from will be void of warranty on the tires.
I found that too be an unfair practice, and the sales rep too was uncomfortable with the idea. Hence told him we shall leave it at, whatever stock brand we get. in our case MRF's
Old 21st July 2011, 11:18   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I had requested our sales rep to make sure we get Michelin, but our car rolled out of the factory with MRF's What the sales rep said was that, he could exchange it with another car if you like, but then our warranty as well as the poor fellow's ride from who he exchanged it from will be void of warranty on the tires.
@mdsaab - Very interesting note from your Honda Sales rep. "poor fellow's ride from who he exchanged it from will be void of warranty on the tires" - I assume the car from which the tyres are swapped is new and isn't sold. In that case the poor fellow would never even know that he's buying a Honda without tyre warranty? Certainly discomforting to know.

When I visited the Honda showroom and told my sales rep about me wanting Michilein instead of MRF he said that Honda roles out City with Mich or MRF in batches. So I could get a Mich but just would have to wait a little longer for it.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:34   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
@mdsaab - Very interesting note from your Honda Sales rep. "poor fellow's ride from who he exchanged it from will be void of warranty on the tires" - I assume the car from which the tyres are swapped is new and isn't sold. In that case the poor fellow would never even know that he's buying a Honda without tyre warranty? Certainly discomforting to know.

When I visited the Honda showroom and told my sales rep about me wanting Michilein instead of MRF he said that Honda roles out City with Mich or MRF in batches. So I could get a Mich but just would have to wait a little longer for it.
It might be partly true, as every car dispatched would have a detailed inventory of what went with it. But as long as the specs are same as per OE it shouldn't really matter. But, what Honda looks at warranty void is allways unknown.

At the end it's all in the dealers hand, I got mine with MRF and requested for a change with Mich, dealer was ready to do it without any issues. But, unfortunately I couldn't get as there were no S-MT variants that came with Mich in the lot and they can't replace it from V-MT as it needs wheel alignment and balancing again since it's alloy wheel fitment.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 21st July 2011 at 11:39.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:53   #410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
He is right, if you upgrade the tyre size the suspension warranty voids.

thats my big worry

Nope the Ground clearance actually increases.
Refer the post below.

Pictorial: Attachment 572572

thanks for the info

Honda fog lamps are exhorbitantly expensive.
I would suggest you to go for an after market (if at all necessary??).
i think I will press for tyre upgrade but might not take the fog lamps
Old 21st July 2011, 14:56   #411
Senior - BHPian

Yeah it would be extremely unfair to the owner of a brand new car to ever find out his tires are not under warranty. Due to a malpractice by the dealership who favoured a certain customer.
I was not ok with this, so refused immediately.
The sales rep was not too comfortable about it either, and was really hoping i would say forget it.
I could see him so relieved the minute i said NO forget it.
Nice chap our sales rep.

Siddutta ~ will the dealership upgrade the tires for you?
Old 21st July 2011, 15:06   #412
BHPian

The on-road price for City VMT in Chennai is Rs.10,22,000. The dealer offers 50K cash discount and 3M sun film as free accessary. So the final price will be Rs. 9,73,000 for VMT. Is this a fair deal? Should I negotiate for more cash discount or for other accessaries? I am interested in reverse sensors, side door protectors and leather seat covers.
Old 21st July 2011, 15:39   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
The on-road price for City VMT in Chennai is Rs.10,22,000. The dealer offers 50K cash discount and 3M sun film as free accessary. So the final price will be Rs. 9,73,000 for VMT. Is this a fair deal? Should I negotiate for more cash discount or for other accessaries? I am interested in reverse sensors, side door protectors and leather seat covers.
I feel you can get more. This is the best time to negotiate hard with Honda guys. IMO if you can squeeze in leather seats, that will be a good deal. Rest is not very significant and you can get it done from outside. I read somewhere that Honda has a tie-up with Stanley and if its true, then you will love those covers. So try hard for the leather seat covers.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 15:53   #414
Senior - BHPian

Push hard for all three. If they dont agree to all. Then get atleast 2 out of 3.
dont feel embarassed to haggle. Work your way up the chain from your sales rep to the manager of sales.
Take your cheque book with you, show to them that you are serious. They will bow down. Trust me.
Also dont forget to throw in a full body cover before handing over the booking cheque.
Good luck!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 15:58   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Push hard for all three. If they dont agree to all. Then get atleast 2 out of 3.
dont feel embarassed to haggle. Work your way up the chain from your sales rep to the manager of sales.
Take your cheque book with you, show to them that you are serious. They will bow down. Trust me.
Also dont forget to throw in a full body cover before handing over the booking cheque.
Good luck!
See how the master speaks. I was so conservative even while writing here, forget actual bargaining. Only if you were in Pune, mdsaab would have got you the best deal. Wish I was buying a Honda vehicle right now.
Old 21st July 2011, 16:26   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
Seriously go and squeeze them.

They have already sold off EMT at least in Mumbai and the dealership told me no more EMTs for another 4 months at least. They are in current stock liquidation mode.

Seeing the kind of sparse kit they have inside the Honda compared to the competitors, there is full scope to further squeeze.

I have already got a 60k discount + 15K corporate discount and still haven't haggled

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 16:32   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even i thought it would be the same. as the E and S variants do not have a slot for fog lights. So i guess this exorbitant price tag includes either a new bumper or changes to the existing one plus the fog lights.
Fog lamps on my S-AT were fixed on the same bumper and IIRC it costed me 13 k at that time
Old 21st July 2011, 18:51   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
See how the master speaks. I was so conservative even while writing here, forget actual bargaining. Only if you were in Pune, mdsaab would have got you the best deal. Wish I was buying a Honda vehicle right now.
Come on man, don't embarrass me mate
Yes if you were in Pune i would have helped you out mate.
Ajay, when are we going to the Honda showroom to pick out a new ride?

Guna, thanks for the clarification, seeing no slots in the bumper i thought one may need to get it changed.

Last edited by mdsaab : 21st July 2011 at 18:53.
Old 21st July 2011, 19:03   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post

I have already got a 60k discount + 15K corporate discount and still haven't haggled

Cheers
Sweet deal, could you elaborate on the 60K, is it insurance + cash discount or certain accesories?

Anything you have learned so far about the updated city from you recent visits to the dealership, is it coming this year?
Old 21st July 2011, 22:18   #420
BANNED

Note from Mod : Please avoid SMS language (e.g. "y" I'm worried) and also avoid typing with excessive dots.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2011 at 20:41. Reason: Please avoid SMS language (e.g. "y" I'm worried) and also avoid typing with excessive dots.
siddutta is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed