Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2007, 18:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Skoda's Fabia should be here before the end of the year.
Old 22nd January 2007, 10:29   #62
BHPian

I do not understand Skoda's strategy.Superb to Fabia, all look exactly same(apart from size difference)
They should outsource the 'Head/Tail lights and grill change' job to Maruti people.
Old 25th January 2007, 09:05   #63
BHPian

Just been to the AutocarIndia website. They have talked about the Fabia hatch that would make it to India. It seems getting the sedan to India have been put on hold bcos of cost factors.

The best features I liked were it’s almost as long as the Ford Fusion, 300mm longer than the Swift and almost 200mm longer than the Getz. Keeping my fingers crossed on the price. Not sure how much this one would cost.

(:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::)

Old 25th January 2007, 10:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Roomster's front coupled with Swift's rear. In a nutshell, I am disappointed. I was targetting it for my next buy, but it looks like I have to change my ideas now.
Old 25th January 2007, 12:39   #65
Team-BHP Support

In the software world the term used for such things is "Vaporware", like Duke Nukem Forever.
The Fabia is coming to India for the past 3 years, and as far as predictions go, every auto mag worth its salt has been predicting that the Fabia is "Coming end of the year" for 3 years now.
Old 25th January 2007, 13:44   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
I do not understand Skoda's strategy.Superb to Fabia, all look exactly same(apart from size difference)
They should outsource the 'Head/Tail lights and grill change' job to Maruti people.
From the looks of it, they seem to have out-sourced more than just that to MUL

It looks like a long-lost twin of the Swift.
Old 25th January 2007, 14:40   #67
BHPian

Well if this is Skoda Fabia then my next car is definitely Fiat Grande Punto with 1.3 multijet however i will wait for a year after its launch just to see how FIAT India approaches this time around.

Happy republic day and a great weekend to all .............
Old 25th January 2007, 15:01   #68
Team-BHP Support

The game has moved on. Skoda has missed the boat I wont be surprised if they are marginalised as a deisel car manufacturer in the future.
Old 25th January 2007, 15:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The Fabia is coming to India for the past 3 years, and as far as predictions go, every auto mag worth its salt has been predicting that the Fabia is "Coming end of the year" for 3 years now.
IIRC It was supposed to belaunched right after the Octavia & since then it's been expected at the end of the year. I would believe it when I see it, not on expected dates.
Old 26th January 2007, 01:44   #70

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The game has moved on. Skoda has missed the boat I wont be surprised if they are marginalised as a deisel car manufacturer in the future.
they got too lethargic after the success of the octavia.
it is estimated that the fabia will cost between 5.1-6.5 lacs as mentioned in the aci.also skoda plans to bring in the vRS putting out 150bhp.

Last edited by hellspawn : 26th January 2007 at 01:47.
Old 29th January 2007, 22:53   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Slap chrome grin onto a swift and voila...Fabia
Exactly. When I saw this article (pics) on ACI www today, I couldnt really believe it. But I did and concluded Skoda and Suzuki have an illicit relationship out of wedlock.
Old 29th January 2007, 23:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I did and concluded Skoda and Suzuki have an illicit relationship out of wedlock.

Come to think of it, Skodas are built on VW group underpinnings..so now, er, did Suzuki, VW and Skoda have a threesome?!

A grown up swift I would say. Now, Skoda..can we expect a launch sometime this decade?
Old 5th February 2007, 09:31   #73
BHPian

News Just In

Source: Skoda Fabia coming to India later this year | Tech News at TechWhack

The Skoda Fabia is expected to launch in the second half of this year but the launch date is yet to be finalized.

The car to be launched in the Indian market would be the same model Skoda would display at the Geneva Motor show in March this year.

Skoda would launch it in both diesel and petrol versions. The Fabia will be available in 1.2 liter petrol and a 1.4 liter diesel. Experts believe that this car should be very fuel efficient considering the company is going to power it with a 3-cylinder engine.

The car to be launched in the Indian market would be the same model Skoda would display at the Geneva Motor show in March this year.

Skoda said that this new car would adhere to the small car norms as specified by the union budget. The company wants to benefit from tax cuts on these models to price them competitively.
Old 5th February 2007, 11:19   #74
Team-BHP Support

The Skoda Fabia was featured on both CNBC as well as NDTV (I think..) as part of their respective auto shows. They test drove the cars at Portugal.
Old 5th February 2007, 12:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

Not too sure about CNBC but yes they featured it on NDTV. And its much bigger than the Swift As they say, pictures don't reveal much!

Most Viewed