Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2006, 09:31   #16

I sold my Honda City in record time using BharathAutomobiles.com. Surprisingly I found their support to be good. Now I am coming back to India for an assignment I may shop around for a new or used car.
Old 15th May 2006, 15:30   #17
BHPian

Recently, the website has posted a car recommendation tool. Have tried it now and then, can't seem to make head or tail of it.

inputs/ experiences?

-Sumit
Old 17th May 2006, 15:43   #18
BHPian

I use google like anything. Around a month back I randomly searched for term 'car recommend' and the results shocked me. The first link was of carwale.com's car recommendation system. Even US giant edmunds was at number 2 position. I then thought maybe I am trying in google india, I tried for google.com and still this link managed to reside at page 1 among 6 crore results. Amazing!

I have used the system many times and overall liked it. For novices and new buyers, its like heaven while for hardcore masters it works like a very advanced search.

They have launched another cool service, Car Valuation System. I haven't used it though!
Old 17th May 2006, 17:00   #19
BHPian

Watch out for the performance figures though.
Both the turbocharged and the non-turbocharged versions of the Tata Sumo have the same 0-100 acceleration figures.
Old 28th July 2008, 13:57   #20
BHPian

Selling cars through carwale

Hello,

Anyone here has experience selling car through carwale.com?

They will list your ad for free (but without any contact details ). For potential buyers to see your contact details you need to pay Rs.600. This is refundable if the car is not sold within 90 days. How popular is the selling section of this site?

Any recommendations for other sites to post your ad (of course, I have put in classifieds of t-bhp)?

Nirmal
Old 28th July 2008, 14:45   #21
BHPian

Hi,

Yes I sold my Baleno last year through carwale. Then the amount was Rs. 500. It allows you to post pics and a detailed description of the car. I found it very useful. Will recommend it for sure.
Old 28th July 2008, 14:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Very popular. I myself contacted lotsa guys through the website
Old 28th July 2008, 15:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Hello,

Anyone here has experience selling car through carwale.com?

They will list your ad for free (but without any contact details ). For potential buyers to see your contact details you need to pay Rs.600. This is refundable if the car is not sold within 90 days. How popular is the selling section of this site?

Any recommendations for other sites to post your ad (of course, I have put in classifieds of t-bhp)?

Nirmal
You can also post a free classified ad on sulekha. I had tried it for selling my dad's 800 and we got a good responce.
Old 14th October 2008, 19:44   #24
BHPian

Hello Folks,
I intend to sell my Santro Xing. Anyone has an idea how good the carwale website is ? They take 750/- bucks to display your contact details along with your advert, I'm wondering if it's worth it or whether it's better going for an advertisement in Times Classifieds.

Pls. feel free to post your thoughts. Thanks.
Old 14th October 2008, 21:59   #25
BHPian

I had a very bad experience with Carwale.Com.
Some 2-3 months back, I was searching for a used car but lost my hopes of finding good Palio in Bangalore. Then I had talked to the dealer and finalized Palio Diesel and was about to place an order (All paperwork done) just then I saw 1 ad in Carwale.com for the model/year of Palio that I was looking for. I immediately spent 500 Rs to see the details of the car owner.
To my utter surprise, the ad and the address was complete fake. I called these carwale guys and they themselves claim that it cannot be possible that they have the fake ID because they check everything about the advertiser before uploading his details. But when I told them to check the details of that fake Id and threatened to escalate it then they agreed that unfortunately it was a fake id.

Now as I spent 500 rs only to check that Id, I demanded refund of 500 Rs. (It was not about money but the business ethics ) they said its not there policy to refund money. Then I argue that is it your policy to provide fake IDs on your website. They said no then I told then if you can do exception in that then why not refund my money. But they never refunded my money.

I was very angry about the way they were quoting their policies and not following their own strict policy of providing only genuine Ids (being a paid site). I told them clearly that I cannot accept this kind of service from a paid site.

To my surprise they never refunded my money back even after arguments from me as if with my 500 Rs they will run their business. Very Very unethical way of doing the business. I do not care about my 500 rs but do feel strongly that if you want to run paid site then give service free of fake IDs.

Being a member of Team-BHP atleast the owner should think about the ethical practice. If mistake happened then refund the money of the customer instead of reciting policies.
Old 14th October 2008, 22:48   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Sorry to hear that you lost your money.

Most web classifieds generally work on a revenue model where the listing/selling party pays a fee in return for having his add viewed by the general public for free. I think Carwale has a bad business model.

If a web-site asks you for money for information, you should be extremely wary unless you can trust the source. This make sense for proprietary research data etc, but never for auto classifieds.
Old 14th October 2008, 23:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_fan View Post
If you paid via CC, the best way out would have been to simply dispute the charge with your bank and let them handle things with Carwale
Old 15th October 2008, 12:17   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I immediately spent 500 Rs to see the details of the car owner.
That is ridiculous!! You paid 500 bucks to procure contact details. I have never heard of something like this on any other portal. And I have had my fair share of online shopping. Charges are always paid by the seller.

Quote:
But when I told them to check the details of that fake Id and threatened to escalate it then they agreed that unfortunately it was a fake id.
Quote:
I demanded refund of 500 Rs. (It was not about money but the business ethics ) they said its not there policy to refund money. Then I argue that is it your policy to provide fake IDs on your website.
Even more ridiculous! The absolute heights....they admit that it was a fake listing and yet don't refund your money. If this is true, then its an outright scam.
Old 15th October 2008, 14:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Some 2-3 months back, I was searching for a used car but lost my hopes of finding good Palio in Bangalore. Then I had talked to the dealer and finalized Palio Diesel and was about to place an order (All paperwork done) just then I saw 1 ad in Carwale.com for the model/year of Palio that I was looking for. I immediately spent 500 Rs to see the details of the car owner.
To my utter surprise, the ad and the address was complete fake. I called these carwale guys and they themselves claim that it cannot be possible that they have the fake ID because they check everything about the advertiser before uploading his details. But when I told them to check the details of that fake Id and threatened to escalate it then they agreed that unfortunately it was a fake id.

Now as I spent 500 rs only to check that Id, I demanded refund of 500 Rs. (It was not about money but the business ethics ) they said its not there policy to refund money. Then I argue that is it your policy to provide fake IDs on your website. They said no then I told then if you can do exception in that then why not refund my money. But they never refunded my money.

I was very angry about the way they were quoting their policies and not following their own strict policy of providing only genuine Ids (being a paid site). I told them clearly that I cannot accept this kind of service from a paid site.

To my surprise they never refunded my money back even after arguments from me as if with my 500 Rs they will run their business. Very Very unethical way of doing the business. I do not care about my 500 rs but do feel strongly that if you want to run paid site then give service free of fake IDs.

Being a member of Team-BHP atleast the owner should think about the ethical practice. If mistake happened then refund the money of the customer instead of reciting policies.
Jeez fiat_fan this is ridiculous, they should have atleast refunded your money. Makes me lose faith in the website and paying them. Going to think twice now before I put my advert on their website.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:20   #30
BHPian

I think one of the best sites to Buy/Sell used cars is Mahindra First Choice (AutoMartIndia.com - Welcome To Our Home Page). Also, there is another site called Indiacar.com - Buy/ Sell Cars, Prices, Research, Car Buyers Guide, Car Site, Questions, Car Quotes and much more which has good information about cars in India with user reviews as well.

Most Viewed