Team-BHP - Carwale.Com
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Carwale.Com (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10302-carwale-com.html)

Just found this site while browsing through Mouthshut.com. It has prices of all the cars including its specifications and features. You can also compare cars, sell or search for used cars online. I think it also has a dealer community. Details on car loan and insurance is also available.

The site seems very very good.

The had designed the site well with lots of info's. I was taken back when I read the mileage of Honda City 1.5 Exi mentioned as 17 within city driving conditions.

But the problem with those sites is that dealers occupy the space & spoils the party. We need to have some site like craigslist in INDIA for auto sales

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
But the problem with those sites is that dealers occupy the space & spoils the party. We need to have some site like craigslist in INDIA for auto sales

Yes Surprise, you well said about the dealer thing. But I don't agree with your point of 'site like craigslist'. India desparately needs a site like autobytel or edmund. I can tell you how much is it hard to find right information on indian websites. We don't need just a auto-classified-site!

There is no website in India, you can assure with their data. All of them give us a feeling 'Something is missing!'. You visit some OEM site in India. They will throw errors like anything and if you want to give a feedback, they won't let you! Some more alien-like error this time!!! If you write them for some help, mail them and forget. Because they either don't bother to reply or they have already sent ur mail to Trash! I am talking about any OEM website in India, from Mahindra to Toyota to Merc.

We really need something good. Carwale.com guys seem to make efforts, lets see how far they go. Making indian autobytel isn't easy :~)

I checked out the site... It pathetic... there is no pricing given for imported cars... Most of the photos of these cars are 2-3 yrs old!!

Its very misleading.....
they say Esteem Vxi doesn't have power steering....lol:

Might be quite misleading but then they are active and keeping a track of people who login to their web. The second online car portal in India after jmdcars.com who call up customers who post an online enquiry. If there is any other which does then I am probably unaware. I just posted a dummy query for a car and I got a call back from them.

I must admit though that their used car searches are very neat and user friendly. One can choose a particular make/model and then arrange results according to price/km run/year. Not to mention that it can also list individual classifieds only if preferred. Have yet to see those features on the handfull of other websites for auto classifieds.

Guys for the sake of others and myself can we have a list of indian car portals that you have come acrossed?

hi members one more site which mite be of interest autoindia.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeps
Guys for the sake of others and myself can we have a list of indian car portals that you have come acrossed?

I have visited carsalesindia, bharathautomobiles, indiadrive, autoindia, carwale, indiacar, jmdcars, popularcarworld, domain-b's auto section and few others.

jmdcars, popularcarworld, domain-b etc have very small domain. indiadrive seems obsolete. carsalesindia, bharatautomobiles are pure classified sites. indiacar, carwale and autoindia are in the battle-field. autoindia too, is more of a classified site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeis
You visit some OEM site in India. They will throw errors like anything and if you want to give a feedback, they won't let you! Some more alien-like error this time!!! If you write them for some help, mail them and forget. Because they either don't bother to reply or they have already sent ur mail to Trash! I am talking about any OEM website in India, from Mahindra to Toyota to Merc.

This is not necessarily true. I tried the trick with Tata Motors site on two different occassions. On both occassions I got back prompt 1st response within 24 hours and then a detailed mail answering the query / debunking my statement :D within another day. In fact the first time I wrote to them I even got a call from their regional office in Hyderabad. Ok, so they sensed a business op and hence... but still...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo
This is not necessarily true. I tried the trick with Tata Motors site on two different occassions. On both occassions I got back prompt 1st response within 24 hours and then a detailed mail answering the query / debunking my statement :D within another day. In fact the first time I wrote to them I even got a call from their regional office in Hyderabad. Ok, so they sensed a business op and hence... but still...

Either you are lucky or Tata guys are exceptions. Believe me, I am still awaiting the response from Ford, Maruti and Toyota and other OEM guys.

What do you say about the information they provide? Have a look at the url below:
http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Co...leDerivative=1

It says, Ford Fiesta SXi is of 1400cc!!! Isn't it ridiculous? They are unable to manage bare-10 pages!!!

You can't open many of Tata/Mahindra/Opel websites in FireFox! If you have a popup-blocker then forget visiting fiat-india website. God knows, what hi-techs are they using for developing their website! Ask Chevrolet website that what happened to Optra? Is the Royale only version available for sale in India? Ask lancercedia.in, what is the difference between Elegance and Sports? That mere-10kg in Kerb? These were just examples. You can't imagine their heights!

Have a look at indian car OEM websites, trust me, you will be scratching your head all the day. 90% OEM websites are crap, they don't provide you anything other than a severe headache!!!

We are living in 21st century, the Intenet-Age, if we can't find up-to-date car-variant-list, their specifications/features or prices, what is the use of those website? Are those available just for name-sake?

Doesnt the Ford Endeavour XLT 4X2 have a power steering???
The website says so

I checked out the site, but its not accurate and as others said its quite misleading too.
Tried out searching new car and clicked on BMW X5, 5 and 7 series and it shows the description of cars with a picture of a 3 series:D . In the case of accord too it shows the UK accord and even opel corsa too. Search and you will find many more mistakes.

It did seem to have one of the better organized used car listings - but then its bby only :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon

Just found this site while browsing through Mouthshut.com. It has prices of all the cars including its specifications and features. You can also compare cars, sell or search for used cars online. I think it also has a dealer community. Details on car loan and insurance is also available.

The site seems very very good.

guys,

incidentally the guy who's conceptualised this site is a member of team-bhp. He had called me for feedback on car-wale when i had registered there and i had referred him to team-bhp...his name's gaurav something and is from bhopal..

~A