Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 17:45   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Force Motors SUV to be launched in end-2010. EDIT : Spotted again. Pics on pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I dont think Firodia knows what hes talking about or is an amazing liar. First its quite obvious that this car ia based on some Ching Chong SUV kit from China, perhaps Firodia should go through this thread and realise this himself. Maybe the R&D department has tricked him.

Nor will this chinese kit take a 220 bhp diesel engine, If it churns out 220bhp imagine the torque it generates. Rev the engine and it would take off from the engine bay leaving the chinese body behind. A Diesel V6 Touareg pumps 236 bhp and perhaps a bit lesser if fed 'Premium Indian' diesel. Imagine Force making a diesel engine of similar specs.

Price it cheap as a bargain SUV for folks who simply want size and appearance, Force might have a case here. Call and price it as a premium SUV, well Firodia can perhaps lie to himself what a wonderful sales success the Force Ching Dong SUV has been!!!!
Well said, vehicles like a Scorpio barely churning 120 BHP are uncontrollable if revved wildly, god alone knows what a 220 BHP would lead to.
Old 4th February 2011, 18:07   #167
BHPian

re: Force Motors SUV to be launched in end-2010. EDIT : Spotted again. Pics on pg.15

The launch has been delayed as per Autocar India check out this link Force Motors postpones SUV debut | Autocar India
Old 5th February 2011, 00:17   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I just read the Autocar India article. So correct me if I am wrong, Force motors is trying to reduce the NVH levels of a Mercedes 2.2 CRDe engine? Guess the engineers are thinking that the rattles from the Chinese tin can are coming from a Merc 2.2 CRDe powerplant engine? Maybe they ought to park a C220 CDE next to a Force Gremlin and see where the NV is coming from..
Old 5th February 2011, 00:39   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I dont think Firodia knows what hes talking about or is an amazing liar. First its quite obvious that this car ia based on some Ching Chong SUV kit from China, perhaps Firodia should go through this thread and realise this himself. Maybe the R&D department has tricked him.
How do you know that the kit is chinese?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I just read the Autocar India article. So correct me if I am wrong, Force motors is trying to reduce the NVH levels of a Mercedes 2.2 CRDe engine? Guess the engineers are thinking that the rattles from the Chinese tin can are coming from a Merc 2.2 CRDe powerplant engine? Maybe they ought to park a C220 CDE next to a Force Gremlin and see where the NV is coming from..
Some of the chinese tin cans are the fastest in the world today, surpassing the TGV.

What I do not understand is the inherent nature present amongst a small population, to over-speculate at all times. Big deal, if there is another RIO happening, after Force burns a lot of cash and gets a lemon out of the door. If they come up with something stupid, the market will punish it otherwise it will have some reasons to celebrate. It is all to do with market demand and supply dynamics. Otherwise, how do you explain run away successes such as that of the Innova, Dezire, etc which a lot of (auto-erudite!) people do not like really, either for their looks, bangle-mangle, etc.

BH.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 5th February 2011 at 00:45.
Old 5th February 2011, 01:52   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I just read the Autocar India article. So correct me if I am wrong, Force motors is trying to reduce the NVH levels of a Mercedes 2.2 CRDe engine?.
NVH issues can crop up if the mounts are not tuned properly to the match new chassis.
Old 5th February 2011, 02:05   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
What I do not understand is the inherent nature present amongst a small population, to over-speculate at all times.
Agree with you. Why don't we wait until the product is released and then pass the verdict.
Old 5th February 2011, 14:41   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
NVH issues can crop up if the mounts are not tuned properly to the match new chassis.
1. Noise is inherent to the engine, both engine compartment and the cabin/engine panel insulation reduces it. The only problem is to do it properly so that a) parts are accessible for easy serviceability and b) there is no fire hazard
2. Heat generated can easily get transmitted to the passenger compartment if it is not taken care of. Same remedy as Noise reduction, but with better heat rejection material. At times adding forced air circulation in the engine compartment reduces a lot of heat transmitted to the cabin.
3. Vibrations are transmitted to the chassis due to improper engine mounting material as well as their location.

All these take time as well as Trial & Error to insulate while keeping cost and safety within limits. You can easily achieve NHV reduction using thick layer of heat resistant material (25mm thick), but either it will interfere with parts in the engine compartment or cost a bomb.
Old 5th February 2011, 16:03   #173
Senior - BHPian

Force is postponing the launch of its SUV.

Force Motors postpones SUV debut | Autocar India
Old 9th February 2011, 22:56   #174
BHPian

Saw a camouflaged vehicle under testing on Bannerghatta Road near Dairy Circle, Bangalore. The vehicle was coming from the opposite direction and I could just get a glance of it. Was able to makeout the vehicle from the headlight design.
Old 10th February 2011, 14:09   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Force is postponing the launch of its SUV.

Force Motors postpones SUV debut | Autocar India
With the tried and tested Scorpio and Safari in this category, it is a good decision by Force to provide a better product rather than launching it in a hurry
Old 14th February 2011, 18:07   #176

Re: New compact SUV from Premier Auto. EDIT: Rio quick testdrive on page 10

Hi

can anybody tell which is this SUV, i took these photos in bangalore while driving towards airport.

ajay
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-img00013201102141412.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-img00015201102141416.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-img00016201102141416.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-img00017201102141416.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-img00018201102141417.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-img00019201102141419.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 18:29   #177
BHPian

It looks like the new SUV from Force motors.
Old 15th February 2011, 03:15   #178
Senior - BHPian

Yup thats the chinese model based new suv from force,with that recognisable headlamp cluster.whats it doing in this thread?

Must say the alloy design looks good,and the length and height of this vehicle is pretty impressive.Looks like its a proper 7 seater.ORVMs looks like they are from the Rhino!
Old 18th February 2011, 20:50   #179
Senior - BHPian

Just look at that tail pipe. This beast could actually wag that tail!

Old 22nd February 2011, 23:28   #180
BHPian

Force Motors website states that only interiors will be sourced from China/Taiwan. Engine sourced from Daimler.

They also seem to have prouct+process engineering knowhow from ZF for gearboxes.

The new SUV will be built alongside new MAN trucks factory therefore better build quality can be expected.

Let them bring out the vehicle & then let us see how it is. Badmouthing it without even seeing it in flesh is not the right spirit.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks