Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 23:56   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Force Motors SUV to be launched in end-2010. EDIT : Spotted again. Pics on pg.15

Its a sweet interview !! The guy is so very realistic of what the company is and what they want to achieve and they look sure serious of what they are doing !! I believe a lot of R&D has gone into this. Hope they get a "near perfect" vehicle at the launch itself and wish them ALL THE VERY BEST !!
Old 19th April 2011, 11:52   #197
BHPian

re: Force Motors SUV to be launched in end-2010. EDIT : Spotted again. Pics on pg.15

[Why did you discontinue the Trax Gurkha, an SUV that you had tested?
It had been a strategic decision to focus on other vehicles and the front-end consumer management needed to be spruced up. Trax Gurkha’s engine also needed an upgrade. But with a new personalised vehicle division now, we could look at bringing it to the market eventually. There will be versions of the new SUV platform with additional features, such as more safety.]

I would surely be more interested in the new trax gurkha with a more powerful engine. But the last statement does confuse me, that says "There will be versions of the new SUV platform with additional features, such as more safety" does this mean the upcoming product will miss the basic safety features of ABS & AIR BAGS ?
Old 19th April 2011, 13:01   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Versions of the new SUV platform?
Did he mean new models of the SUV or versions based on the new SUV platform?
Old 19th April 2011, 14:18   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Versions of the new SUV platform?
Did he mean new models of the SUV or versions based on the new SUV platform?
I would rather think of other models on the same platform / chassis etc like Scorpio / getaway & Safari / Xenon etc ! If they need sales, they need to offer something better than the scorp / safari considering this is their first product and the rest are already proven in the market. The best way to be in the lime light is to provide an excellent VFM product with all bells and whistles. So I dont think they will exclude all those safety features.
Old 19th April 2011, 14:48   #200
BHPian

Force Motors already have set backs like the lack of snob value, limited dealership reach and so on. If they don't get the build quality aspect right, then its going to be really hard for them. Engine and NVH would have been already sorted out for them though.
Old 19th April 2011, 19:55   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I would rather think of other models on the same platform / chassis etc like Scorpio / getaway & Safari / Xenon etc ! If they need sales, they need to offer something better than the scorp / safari considering this is their first product and the rest are already proven in the market. The best way to be in the lime light is to provide an excellent VFM product with all bells and whistles. So I dont think they will exclude all those safety features.
Yep, hope that the 7/8 seater that's being talked about comes in the same platform as also a pick up truck,MUV etc.
Old 23rd April 2011, 11:24   #202
BHPian

Akshay Tritiya 6th May 2011 is the possible launch date according to insider info. Along with SUV, Man Bus is getting launched. Bus would be a front engine one, 3 buses already arrived.
Old 24th April 2011, 00:57   #203
Senior - BHPian

Read in the papers today that Force motors shall be opening exclusive showrooms which will showcase its new SUV in the major cities.

According to their MD Mr Firodia,he said the next car they will launch after the SUV will be 6 seater van/MPV.

Also they might introduce the Gurkha 4*4 with new drivetrain,higher torque and attractive and refined interiors.

I guess this will be like a lifestyle vehicle,similiar to the Mahindra Thar.
Old 29th April 2011, 15:56   #204
Senior - BHPian

Saw covered Vehicle today. Interior is same as Guangdong Foday. So expect the looks are also similar to guangdong foday.
Old 5th May 2011, 19:26   #205
BHPian

Hey guys saw a showroom in ICC on Senapati Bapat Road, Pune while going back home that had "Force" written on the display board. That particular complex already got Volvo and Maruti showrooms so is the Launch of Force SUV near?? Sorry as I couldn't stop to take a shot of the showroom but would do so once I pass by next time.

EDIT:- Location of the Showroom is amazing. One of the most premium roads in Pune. The same road got the likes of Audi and Volvo on it and now Force most probably.

Last edited by psbali : 5th May 2011 at 19:28. Reason: addition
Old 6th May 2011, 09:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

Is it getting launched today? Today is Akshay tritiya; Any news?
Old 6th May 2011, 22:07   #207
BHPian

It will not come before June end. There are some issues with vendors. (It has about 85% localized parts)
Old 7th May 2011, 12:17   #208
BHPian

do you think its worth the wait, & will it stand against innova /safari & scorpio. I would be in the market for buying something in this range. Would like to have a suggestion from you.
Old 8th May 2011, 12:45   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
do you think its worth the wait, & will it stand against innova /safari & scorpio. I would be in the market for buying something in this range. Would like to have a suggestion from you.
Why not if the vehicle is priced what its worth ?

IMO, None of the vehicles in this class are worth the price

Innova: Excellent Product but too expensive
Scorpio: Debatable ride and handling and top end is whopping 14+L and 15+L for AT
Safari: Quality Issues.

Gone are the days where people used to go by brand name. Buyers are really looking for VFM products. Classic example is the market leader Honda city loosing for the other alternatives in its class.

So if the Force SUV is priced right for what it offers, I think it can dent the sales of others in its class.
2500cc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2011, 13:24   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

If the car is worth the price, please dont bother about the brand! But Force will have a tough time trying to make a mark in the industry! I dont mind them taking some extra time, but bring out a class product. They cant afford to make mistakes and correct later! They need to make sure the product is high quality & reliable too to make up the less number of outlets. A reliable quality product need not be visiting the service centres except for the general services. Also since they are competing with two established brands, I would expect them to provide something better than both the products [or even Innova] which will help them market the product.

Having said these, I would still stay away from the first batch of any product - there "could" be some issues which are usually addressed by the car makers later.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th May 2011 at 13:25.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed