Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 13:20   #256
BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched in end-2010. EDIT : Spotted again. Pics on pg.15

So does Foday have another luxury SUV up its sleeve that Force can kit out with an ancient Daimler engine and claim its tuned by Lotus or anybody else??? Urgh, this seems like the Premier Rio plan. I'm all for chinese takeout but to call it a premium product seems a bit far fetched. I personally would be petrified to take this baby on this expressway, 140 bhp or not. And I like the way Firodia says the DNA of the engine is similar to the C class. Hell, every engine has a bit of the original internal combustion engine that Benz originally developed but I don't find too many people talking about how their cars have a Mercedes connection. Maybe Mahindra can do the same
Old 1st June 2011, 19:53   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched in end-2010. EDIT : Spotted again. Pics on pg.15

I have a feeling that this one is going to be good...just a hunch.
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:07   #258
BHPian

I saw this SUV in flesh , unfortunately didnt have the camera in hand . The interiors are very very similar to the scorpio but really really really bad plastics and that too in beige , a horrible shade of beige .

Tyres - Apollo

Alloys were worse than the worst chinese brand . I dont think this SUV is gonna make a big mark . Unless its priced very very low against its competitors , which I doubt .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:13   #259
BHPian

Re: SCOOP PICS!!! Maruti Suzuki's new 7-Seater MPV

Mods can move this post to the appropriate thread as I could not find images that resembled the ones that I have taken.
I found this test vehicle with a Maharashtra registration number yesterday while we[me and my friend] were returning to Bangalore from Nandi Hills.I requested the test driver for his permission for taking some snap shots of the vehicle but he politely refused!I managed to take two snap-shots of the rear end of the vehicle from my two mega-pixel phone camera.
I understand that this is not a Maruti as Maruti does not have manufacturing facilities in Maharashtra but this vehicle did not have the company's emblem nor did it have branded alloy's so I have no Idea about it's manufacturer.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-image1080.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-image1081.jpg  

Patriot_Vishwas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 07:49   #260
BHPian

Hi Guys

After a long wait we can see the Force people marketing their brand

1) New Salman and Sohail add
2) new Dealership in Navi Mumbai

check out the Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-img_0948-medium.jpg  

Shardul.YamahaF is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 00:10   #261
BHPian

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Spotted again. Pics on pg.18

Hi Guys

On my way back from Gurgaon this evening, I spotted a test car on airport road. Though I could not recognize it instantly but it gave an impression of being the new tucson initially but later I thought it could even be the new safari. My friend took some snaps but could not get a proper angle picture as they were moving quite fast. Numberplate of the car was red colour and text colour was white (MH14 128E). I am posting some pictures here that we took. May be you people could tell what car is this.

Mods: If this type of thread for this car already exists, please merge my post within the existing one.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-1.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-2.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-3.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-4.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-5.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-6.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-7.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-8.jpg  

0-100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 00:13   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Test Car Spotted (Probably New Tata Safari)

I think this is the upcoming force motor's suv. Let me search for the thread.

EDIT: Ah, got it. Here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-pg-15-a.html

Check the reg numbers. Same.

But, the vehicle in the last pic, was it with the SUV?

Last edited by Dry Ice : 19th June 2011 at 00:19.
Old 19th June 2011, 00:24   #263
BHPian

@ Dry Ice
Yes. All the 3 cars were moving together.
Old 19th June 2011, 10:29   #264
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a Tata Motors product, one among them seems to be a pickup. Chances of being a Force product are bleak.

Spike
Old 19th June 2011, 17:42   #265
BANNED

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Spotted again. Pics on pg.18

To me it is pretty much the Foday Explorer, the Force Motors SUV. The headlights and the silhouette are the giveaways here.
Old 19th June 2011, 20:32   #266
Senior - BHPian

i had long look at it today in Chandigarh at sector 35

it getting launched at the end of this month and its loaded with features and the plastic is of ok quality the were driving from pune to leh for tested and price indication was given between 10-12 lacs was not allowed to take pics
Old 19th June 2011, 23:37   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
it getting launched at the end of this month and its loaded with features and the plastic is of ok quality the were driving from pune to leh for tested and price indication was given between 10-12 lacs was not allowed to take pics
Did you manage to sit inside and check for space too? Cmon Force, make sure you have a base model to undercut the price of Scorpio by couple of thousands. You may not stand well against the likes of Scorp / Safari. Please price it well and don't go the discounts way.
Old 20th June 2011, 10:30   #268
Senior - BHPian

thanks Spike.

i would say if you go 2-3 pages back on the thread, you would see the chinese OE website and the amazing similarities the two vehicle in the question have!

i wonder if we are being flooded with Chinese vehicles now.

i would prefere a Scorpio over this Force motor explorer, anyday.

even the Peugeot 408 is made in china and would be assembled in India.

so is the case with Premier Rio!

what next?

Last edited by Parm : 20th June 2011 at 10:40.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:54   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Even assuming this SUV is competent, I'm wondering how much the population would take to buying a Force Motors product, with its current anonymity in sales/service network of personal automobiles ?
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 16:21   #270
BHPian

Press Conference on 23 May to announce the name of the SUV. And apparently, after the 'premium SUV' they are going to launch a premium MPV in the next two years. Wonderful isn't it how a Chinese product can become premium? Next stop, China to launch the djpeesh coupe :P
Closed Thread

Most Viewed