Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 18:23   #436
Senior - BHPian

re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
His cook/etc might be taking home more than few you and I know. Lucky them then eh?

The Force One's competition is of course the Safari and Scorpio rather than Rhino/Sumo/Bolero .

Just wait for review or inputs from people who have seen/driven the vehicle IMHO; thats what I meant.

Pray that Force dont fail on a project they just spend 150Cr. Appreciate their effort to give us something.

We always can compare this with Rio if all else fails
FM had good products in their hands and a collabration with Daimler for the Gurkha, but they ended up nowhere.

now FM went the cheaper way....Chinese way. even if the product fails, it wont cost them much.

we cant compare it to Sumo/Bolero, then how can we compare it to RIO!
Old 19th August 2011, 18:31   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
The difference is the Quality Control and strong Quality Compliance Law in USA and UK which completely missing here in India.

China always make same product with different quality for different geography
and i always thought they made same product with different quality for different paying customers.
but i might be wrong.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:40   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
@ jkdas / samyakmodi

At least some guys are talking sense here.

We all worship Honda's but how many of us know that many critical parts are sourced from Thailand?

I am not saying that Force One is the best SUV to tread the earth but it is funny how somebody can write the epitaph for a vehicle even before seeing it in flesh?
Honda and Toyota have international standard production plants in Thailand.

Fortuner also comes from Thailand. City and Jazz parts are sourced from there too.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:43   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
FM had good products in their hands and a collabration with Daimler for the Gurkha, but they ended up nowhere.

now FM went the cheaper way....Chinese way. even if the product fails, it wont cost them much.

we cant compare it to Sumo/Bolero, then how can we compare it to RIO!
what went wrong with the gurkha was -
1. looked identical to it's other siblings (the people carrier) trax.
2. interiors were horrid - for the price - and it was not priced cheap
3. pure performance based car - an absolute no non sense SUV. didn't strike a chord with the family SUV people.
4. 2 doors - limited seating capacity

but this time around - they have come up with a vehicle which atleast in pictures looks good (loved the white), the steering wheel (in the zigwheel report) looks probably the best in it's segment and maybe a segment above. they are claiming it to be quiet spacious as compared to the endeavor - that should be a good selling point i think.

agree with your point of photoshopped interior quality - comparing it with the models, but then we got to see it to understand it better.

let's be slightly fair to them - without seeing the product first hand - we shouldn't be shooting it down only because we perceive that chinese products mean inferior products.

i am sure people at Force would be more than happy to give us mercedes like interior quality - if we are ready to pay for it.

let's wait for a test-drive from one of the bhpians, and let's personally see the vehicle before judging it.

Last edited by samyakmodi : 19th August 2011 at 18:47.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:51   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
what went wrong with the gurkha was -
1. looked identical to it's other siblings (the people carrier) trax.
2. interiors were horrid - for the price - and it was not priced cheap
3. pure performance based car - an absolute no non sense SUV. didn't strike a chord with the family SUV people.
4. 2 doors - limited seating capacity

but this time around - they have come up with a vehicle which atleast in pictures looks good (loved the white), the steering wheel (in the zigwheel report) looks probably the best in it's segment and maybe a segment above. they are claiming it to be quiet spacious as compared to the endeavor - that should be a good selling point i think.

agree with your point of photoshopped interior quality - comparing it with the models, but then we got to see it to understand it better.

let's be slightly fair to them - without seeing the product first hand - we shouldn't be shooting it down only because we perceive that chinese products mean inferior products.

i am sure people at Force would be more than happy to give us mercedes like interior quality - if we are ready to pay for it.

let's wait for a test-drive from one of the bhpians, and let's personally see the vehicle before judging it.
i agree with you, thats what i said in my first post, that being cheap it would be a hit among the taxiwallas and rural segment where bolero rules.

im not shooting it down, its just that i didnt expected such a shoddy job from FM.

they are capable of giving a better manufactured product. because its india, we have been handed over a chinese product by an indian company!
Old 19th August 2011, 18:58   #441
BANNED

The vehicle can actually do good and can cannibalize the sales of the Innova in the taxi segment, the Scorpio/Safari in the SUV segment if it delivers what it promises to, reliably.

Somehow, I feel that apart from its looks and interior F&F, which needs to be physically examined to arrive at the right conclusion, this could very well be a decent selling vehicle.

Last edited by n.devdath : 19th August 2011 at 19:03.
Old 19th August 2011, 19:10   #442
Senior - BHPian

Add Launched also to the thread name

Force Motors Ltd. just launched its first sport-utility vehicle to compete with bigger local rivals Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and Tata Motors Ltd.
The vehicle is priced at 10.65 lac rupees which puts it in direct competition with Mahindra's Scorpio and Tata Motors' Safari utility vehicle mode. Force One will be available for sale from Sept. 1
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcesuv_759190f.jpg
pic cortesy Business Line
Looks good. My gut feeling is that it can outdo both Scorpio and Safari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Two units !!!
Maybe even he doesn't trust the car, so bought two so that one will become a back up. Also the parts can be interchanged if anything is found to be defective.
Force would have bought Amitabh, perhaps, to emulate Maruti's Versa launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Another company trying to fool indians by launching a cheap n cheerful chinese leftover vehicle!
Big B, im sure was gifted these two vehicle and would be used by his driver and cook's family! No one each to be shared by the cooks and grivers of Amitabh and Abhishekh.
anyway coming back to the vehicle, it would be a big hit among the taxiwalas and the rural brigade.
certainly anything cheap in india, sells! so expect this chinese leftover to make a impact on the sales.
my personal view on the vehicle....FM could have done a better job than CUT & PASTE from china! Why cut and paste, think of copy and paste.
Quote:
China always make same product with different quality for different geography
Don't blame the Chinese for that. Quality is Fitness for the Purpose.

Quote:
and i always thought they made same product with different quality for different paying customers.
but i might be wrong.
It is as above, to suit different countries. It has to be so.

Last edited by rajeev k : 19th August 2011 at 19:28. Reason: edited
Old 19th August 2011, 19:19   #443
BHPian

I would definitely wait for the review before I jump into any conclusions about the quality of this new offering from Force One. Although on paper, it sounds decent, the most important test of all would be how the vehicle performs in the long-term and how good their A.S.S. can establish themselves. Overall, I'm happy at this launch, not entirely because of the product that is being offered but seriously we need some competition for Tata and Mahindra, who need to come out with better products. I hope this launch marks the serious entry of Force One into the passenger vehicle segment and I wish them all the best.

I hope and believe that in 5 years from now we have a wider range of choices from Force One and hopefully competition will ensure something similar from Mahindra. Tata... well, I don't really have much hopes, especially considering the reliability of their vehicles, which hasn't improved in a long long time!
Old 19th August 2011, 19:21   #444
BHPian

Looks like chinese sentiment is playing strong here adding to the overall perception even before getting a feel of this monster !!!

Kudos to Force for launching this. Finally we have something to consider besides Scorps and Safari (with both having their share of pros and cons).

It's priced competitively (though missing ABS/Airbag is very bad) and I for one want to test drive this vehicle and if it's good why not buy one. It definitely seem to have more space inside and if the vehicle can handle well, i bet this will definitely sell in hundreds, if not 1000s.

Im not bother about the chinese roots since most of what we use today is more or less manufactured in China.
For me whats more important is A.S.S and if Force can ramp their sales/support in bangalore, this will be a serious contender.
Old 19th August 2011, 19:42   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but i might be wrong.
Well Different Geography have different paying customers, we both are talking same thing in different english. Though its not always about Paying Customers. Its has alot to do with how Quality Control law works in every country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Don't blame the Chinese for that. Quality is Fitness for the Purpose.
Damn , I am not blaming anybody, all I am saying is that if Chinese companies making good products for UK and USA, that might not be the case for the products for India.
Old 19th August 2011, 19:42   #446
Senior - BHPian

Autocar has the following pictures of the Force One in its site.
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-untitled.jpg
The interiors looks Taverish.
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-untitled2.jpg
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-untitled3.jpg

Last edited by rajeev k : 19th August 2011 at 19:46.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 19:49   #447
Senior - BHPian

Chillax on the Chinese bit. Let's wait and watch. It looks interesting and hopefully as long as it is reliable, rugged and comfortable, that's all what we want.

/we all pay a premium for our China-made iPhones and iPads, no?
//What equipment at that price is the question - the zigwheels review is loosey goosey but on the whole quite positive.
Old 19th August 2011, 20:00   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn , I am not blaming anybody, all I am saying is that if Chinese companies making good products for UK and USA, that might not be the case for the products for India.
Not necessary to break the head.
Look at my post again. I have posted my comments on two posts, Parm's and yours in the single line. Now think of removing that word before the smiley.

Last edited by rajeev k : 19th August 2011 at 20:13.
Old 19th August 2011, 20:38   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Autocar test drive report.

Force One review and test drive Review

Quote:
  • Plastic quality is decent but there are quite a few panel gaps
  • The second row seats have Skoda Superb-rivaling legroom and good headroom.
  • Peak torque kicks in at 1600rpm and the engine pulls well all the way to its 4150rpm redline. There is a hint of lag but once the turbo kicks in, performance is sprightly.
  • The only issue is with the gearbox, which needs strong triceps to operate and this is something Force Motors desperately needs to improve.
  • You can confidently hammer over bad sections and it feels a lot more stable than a Scorpio.
  • It is big, very spacious and underpinned by an indigenously developed chassis which promises decent ride and handling

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th August 2011 at 20:42.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 21:29   #450
BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

To be honest, I kind of like the looks, save for 3 items: the odd polygonal tail lamps, and the too- Chinese overdone grill surround, and those blue LED (?) strip under the headlamps.

The warranty is really impressive, and target of 4,000 units PA is less than what the Innova manages every month.

Something odd: In the brochure available for download, there is no picture of the rear. Why is that?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks