Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2011, 18:58   #571
BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

My opinion - Unless govt makes it a Mandate to add those safety features, things won't change. What Force has launched is what 80% of the current budget-SUV buyers want. Im sure they have done their market survey well before taking this decision.
Old 30th August 2011, 19:54   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Force is going to introduce the ABSed version of the vehicle in a year. I don't really see what the entire year is going to achieve, since they have spent a bit of time already in the design/development and testing of the vehicle. Should have done it already.

I agree that if Tata can offer ABS with a 5.5L Vista, then it should be available across the range in the Safari. I Really don't see a difference in cost of more than 30k. Increased volumes will also bring the input costs down for Tata - or any manufacturer, for that matter.
It is one thing to install (read 'copy-paste') safety features similar to the ones found on European/American/Japanese automobiles and quite another to assure the customer that these features will successfully deploy in case of an emergency. That is the crucial issue. Here is where crash testing/independent certification comes into the picture. And that is the key difference between being a genuine "phoren" brand and an Indian also-ran.

Trust me, and I am not exaggerating when I say this, that most of our desi brands are over-rated and wouldn't cut any ice in any other market. Yes, and that includes the likes of TVS, Bajaj, Tata, Mahindra, Force, Premier, Sonalika...and oh...Hindustan Motors (sorry I should have put this one first) and one more..AMW (gosh, just look at that name...almost similar to BMW except for that one alphabet)

No, I think I will be kind to our manufacturers. Therefore I will modify my statement and say instead that their products will cut ice in SAARC countries and some countries in Africa!! I can sense someone heaving a huge sigh of relief (at last we have gone global...phew!)
LPT2625 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 20:06   #573
BHPian

From the day of launch, i was looking for a detailed T-bhp review and i am still waiting !!!! where is it ?
Old 31st August 2011, 12:03   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Again as you said, we need laws which mandate that safety options should be there in every car sold.
That is not feasible to mandate safety features for a particular class of vehicle.Else it should be applicable to all road going vehicles except two wheeler's.
Old 31st August 2011, 12:49   #575
Senior - BHPian

Even I am waiting for the Team-BHP review, especially after Autocar has mentioned that the model is looking very dated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind BS View Post
From the day of launch, i was looking for a detailed T-bhp review and i am still waiting !!!! where is it ?
I am guessing there must be some logistic issue. There have been 4 new launches (Swift, Jetta, Sunny and now Force SUV) but no reviews yet.
Hope the issue is not big enough to be worried.
Old 31st August 2011, 12:58   #576
Senior - BHPian

FOne has still not arrived in stock at dealers, atleast in AVK Force in Saki Vihar even for display. Seems pretty promising. Would it be true SUV without the 4X4 option not offered yet, which is still quite sometime away in 2012, and true competitor to off-roading capabilities of Safari and Scorpio? Not that 4X4 is must for a SUV. Probably GTO's review can only tell.
Old 31st August 2011, 13:40   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
That is not feasible to mandate safety features for a particular class of vehicle.Else it should be applicable to all road going vehicles except two wheeler's.
If Seat Belts can be a legal requirement, so can ABS and Airbags. In fact ABS can be made compulsory for heavier vehicles if you want to exclude < 800kg class.

Some efforts at legislation
http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Vehicle%...s_vehicles.pdf
Technical Standards Document No. 135, Revision 2 - Light Vehicle Brake Systems - Transport Canada
Old 31st August 2011, 13:51   #578
BHPian

These countries have more four wheelers than two.For a country like India making these mandatory means safety is available for only a limited number of people who buys that particular class of vehicle.Instead all manufactures should have ABS ,Airbags as optional on all their vehicle portfolio. Those who values their lives more should opt for that. Else it will an injustice to lives of millions travelling in Two wheeler.
Old 31st August 2011, 14:02   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These countries have more four wheelers than two.For a country like India making these mandatory means safety is available for only a limited number of people who buys that particular class of vehicle.Instead all manufactures should have ABS ,Airbags as optional on all their vehicle portfolio. Those who values their lives more should opt for that. Else it will an injustice to lives of millions travelling in Two wheeler.
Dont understand your logic. If two wheelers cant have ABS/Airbags - four wheelers shouldnt have them as well ? So shouldnt Seatbelts also be made non compulsory as two wheelers cant have them ? Ridiculous! IMHO ABS should definitely be made compulsory because it will be a safety feature not only for the people inside the car, but also others on the road. Airbags save only the occupants, so its totally upto the buyer to decide whether he values his life enough to want it or not.
Old 31st August 2011, 14:04   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, airbags can be optional but ABS should be mandatory. Who would not like to ensure that other vehicles dont skid on their vehicle due to lack of ABS? Of course I can ensure that airbags and ABS are available on my vehicle. Lack of airbags on other vehicles on the road does not affect me but lack of ABS might, though I hope not!
Old 31st August 2011, 14:34   #581
BHPian

, but let me put forth a question: Why should we limit demanding ABS and airbags only on cars & SUVs? Why not ABS equipped trucks? The ply at high speeds on highways, don't they? Or side impact beams on autorickshaws? The safety of millions who use them on daily basis while being exposed to potential impact from almost every vehicle around is not important?

The Force One is a vehicle which its manufacturer aims at selling 5,000 units a year which is less than a month's stock of Innovas, which doesn't carry airbags or ABS except for the VX version. Better we ask for some underbody airbags to protect us from the craters on our moonscape roads!
Old 31st August 2011, 15:37   #582
BHPian

The Force One comes preloaded with a system called LCRV Brakes (Load Conscious Reducing Valve). LCRV enabled safety brakes adjust braking pressure as per the load in the vehicle to ensure stability.

The direct result of the LCRV is to weaken the braking force of the rear brake so as to prevent the rear wheels from generating a spin phenomenon.

Its not ABS, but is a start anyway. So anyone doubting the braking capabilities of the Force One, take it for a test drive and let us know if the system works for this vehicle!!

Aside from the generic discussion on Airbags and ABS (Moderators please shift that discussion somewhere else) - I called up the Force Motors Dealer in Andheri. The display vehicle will only arrive on the 8th of Sept. People have not even seen OR driven the vehicle, even then 14 bookings have been placed by customers and delivery will commence from the 10th of Oct.

That seems to be some reasonable amount of faith in the product. IMHO this vehicle will far exceed the targets that the company has set for themselves.

Clarification: The production version of this vehicle will have standard White color Day running lights and NOT the blue as uploaded on the website.
Old 31st August 2011, 17:08   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saptarshi B View Post
People have not even seen OR driven the vehicle, even then 14 bookings have been placed by customers and delivery will commence from the 10th of Oct.
Whoa..thats some news. While we are splitting the hair discussing ABS/Airbags, the average Joe on the street is probably worried about Space and Road Presence. I personally prefer having safety features but making it mandatory is not a solution IMO.
Old 31st August 2011, 22:45   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
not a correction BH. just a point of view which differs from mine.
like I said, Im a grumbler.
cant help it because the frustration comes from not getting anything in the market which is perfectly tuned to my particular personal need state.
hence the rantings!
cheers
Shankar, would you buy such a car at a premium? I am asking because building custom cars from scratch is something I would like to do sometime in the future.
Old 1st September 2011, 01:02   #585
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saptarshi B View Post
The Force One comes preloaded with a system called LCRV Brakes (Load Conscious Reducing Valve). LCRV enabled safety brakes adjust braking pressure as per the load in the vehicle to ensure stability.
The Safari and the Scorpio too have this feature called LSPV in TML and M&M lingo and it doesn't substitute for the ABS.

That said, the Force-1 is certainly a brilliant attempt by Force Motors and they need to be lauded for it. I m still waiting for the vehicle to arrive at my local dealer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks