Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 10:37   #76
Senior - BHPian

Foday explorer is a cheap copy of Ford Endy!! Pity on us for all these cheap lousy quality chinese cars. I pray that Indian Govt gets tough on the safety and consumer protection measures.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:09   #77
BHPian

Good find Sid

Guys Chinese or no chinese how does it matter, most of the laptops you are using to contribute to this forum are made in China, most of the camera's and mobiles you use to get spy pics are made in china. why not give theirs cars a chance and remember this thing is going to have a german heart and a german gear box, that is what matters not just the body shell which i might say looks pretty butch and classy.

Overall imho this effort should be given a thumbs up, lets see how the final product comes out and what they are able to do as far as interior comfort goes.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:23   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Good find Sid

Guys Chinese or no chinese how does it matter, most of the laptops you are using to contribute to this forum are made in China, most of the camera's and mobiles you use to get spy pics are made in china. why not give theirs cars a chance and remember this thing is going to have a german heart and a german gear box, that is what matters not just the body shell which i might say looks pretty butch and classy.

Overall imho this effort should be given a thumbs up, lets see how the final product comes out and what they are able to do as far as interior comfort goes.
+1 to that. A market which is twice than our's cannot be immature !!!! Dont we use nokia's or sony manufactured in china. What matters is Q.C !!!
40 yrs back this is what the world told about japanese products, 20 yrs ago this is what the world told about korean products. THE REST IS HISTORY.

Last edited by powertrain : 16th July 2010 at 11:28. Reason: A
Old 16th July 2010, 11:44   #79
BHPian

Does anybody else feel that the headlamps resemble those on the Nissan X-trail or is it only me?

PS - great find. The horizontal slat grille says that it is definitely not a Mahindra. Could either be a Force or Tata
Old 16th July 2010, 12:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

THe SUV looks quite long, so hopefully it would be as roomier as the Endy.. but the rear looks hideous and i hope they dont price it too high, i feel if they lauch this for Rs8 lakh or so with a good ex Mercedes diesel engine, it can be a winner. what ya say guys?
Old 16th July 2010, 12:39   #81
Senior - BHPian

If Force launches something like this with a price of sub 10 lacs and are able to handle the after sales, it will give the Indian SUV's (a.k.a. Scorpio & Safari) a real run for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
kahani mein twist?

Am following the same thread on ACI and found this..

Guangdong Foday explorer (pics courtesy ACI forum)

compare the front end of the camoed vehicle and this, maybe Force motors are doing something like rebranding this Chinese SUV and launching this, similar to Zotye rio=Premier rio?
Old 16th July 2010, 17:44   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Where did you spot it? What was the registration number(TR)?

To me, it looks like the new Force Motors SUV or an import. I m pretty sure it is not the new Tata Safari or the W. Those headlamps and tail lamps are misleading parts of the car.

Sorry, it is an Autocar India pic. Didnt observe it earlier.
I think it is not Force Motors SUV, coz i have thier plant just 30 kms from where i live, and few friends are also working there, they never said anything about SUV coming out, i think they are happy making Judos, gurkhas and other passenger vehicles.
Yes, when i go there, i do see a new line of MAN trucks standing there.
Also, force motors logo is pretty wierd, and can be spotted easily. it either looks like a Mahindra (from the tail lamp) or a ford (from logo in the front grill).. However i cant say which one is this..
Old 29th July 2010, 17:03   #83
BHPian

.Guys it definitely looks like the new Safari: there is a step up towards the rear portion of the roof & the shape of the windscreen says so to me!
Old 29th July 2010, 17:56   #84
Senior - BHPian

The headlights look similar to the Guangdong Foday Explorer pictures posted by sidindica. The front end looks terrible. Almost like a Ssangyong design gone wrong.
Old 29th July 2010, 20:43   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
kahani mein twist?

Am following the same thread on ACI and found this..

Guangdong Foday explorer (pics courtesy ACI forum)

compare the front end of the camoed vehicle and this, maybe Force motors are doing something like rebranding this Chinese SUV and launching this, similar to Zotye rio=Premier rio?
front headlamps looks exactly like ISUZU DMAX.
Old 30th July 2010, 18:37   #86
Senior - BHPian

so another chinese SUV caught testing

anyone remember the Hover ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sted-pune.html
Old 31st July 2010, 14:37   #87
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
most of the laptops you are using to contribute to this forum are made in China
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Dont we use nokia's or sony manufactured in china
The key difference is this : When we buy a Nokia or Sony product that's made in China, it is only manufactured as per spoon-fed specifications in China. The Nokia phone / Sony laptop are engineered & designed by their parent companies. On the other hand, when we speak of a Chinese car made by a Chinese manufacturer, its presumed that the car is designed & engineered in China as well. There is a massive difference in manufacturing something by ready specifications, and designing a product from the ground up.

NOTE : I remain a believer in China's long term automotive prospects, and insist that they will do a "Hyundai" one day.
Old 31st July 2010, 19:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The key difference is this : When we buy a Nokia or Sony product that's made in China, it is only manufactured as per spoon-fed specifications in China. The Nokia phone / Sony laptop are engineered & designed by their parent companies. On the other hand, when we speak of a Chinese car made by a Chinese manufacturer, its presumed that the car is designed & engineered in China as well. There is a massive difference in manufacturing something by ready specifications, and designing a product from the ground up.

NOTE : I remain a believer in China's long term automotive prospects, and insist that they will do a "Hyundai" one day.
You are right, but i still dont have a feel what product we are going to get. because on one side force does get excellence award from mercedes for building defect free engines, & on other side we dont see that experience in building their own vehicles. lets see whats is going to come up.
Old 31st July 2010, 19:50   #89
BHPian

@Sid,

I think you are bang on, since it is a well known secret that the new "Force SUV" is indeed built on Chinese Body.

what I know is that the new SUV will be carrying the new OM611 equivalent Engine with G32 Gear Box.

Initial estimates are supposed to be over 11L ++ since the OM611 engine is a shade expensive compared to the existing TD2650.

The Diff Locks will be an addon to the new SUV without the SNORKEL.

Cheers!
Old 31st July 2010, 19:58   #90
BHPian

Looks like from Tata Stables, front grill has Resemblance to Safari
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks