Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 17:26   #121
BHPian

BTW, did you notice the engine specs? A 2.8 TD producing ~ 70 odd kW and with a top speed of 120 km/h. Hmm, here is a similarity between the 2 cos in that count. Now, can this chassis withstand (supposing what we suspect is true) the proclaimed 220 bhp (or 140) that the Daimler mill produces?
Old 8th November 2010, 20:29   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Got this today on Vicky.in

Force Motors SUV Pictures | Photos & SlideShows | Vicky.in

The SUV looks good to me, except that the photos are all of a LHD vehicle. The scoop photos also show the same headlight configuration.
Looks like one of those Chinese clones which borrows elements from different cars and make a collage!
Old 8th November 2010, 21:29   #123
BHPian

+1 GTO.
Haven't seen any Force dealerships or service centers in any of the cities I have lived in and I have lived in eight to date.
As some one who is looking out for a SUV in around the 10L segment, and as someone who frequently gets transferred, after sales will play a vital role in my purchase decision.
Old 8th November 2010, 21:30   #124
Senior - BHPian

@ Burningheart

Obviously if Force was really good at what they do, they would'nt need to rely on chinese kits from a barely heard company thats been in the business for a far storter time span than they have.

While the strengths of the Gurkha or Trax are never in doubt their weaknesses far outweigh them. Simply being able to go offroad is too poor an excuse for a model line up that is a generation behind if not two. Their scale of operation is not even half of what Mahindra is. Being in the business for half a century one would have thought they would have enough competency to make their own UV than rely on chinese kits.

The safety concern I raised is on the chinese car and not Force motors. They have a notorious reputation for having zero concern about occupant safety and there is nothing Force can do on a already developed vehicle to augment that. I would have praised Force if they had gone at this challenge alone just like Sonalika, but what they are doing right now is just a poor quick fix solution.
Old 10th November 2010, 09:20   #125
BHPian

Here are the pics posted on Vicky website:
Force Motors SUV Images | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcefodayexplorer1.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcefodayexplorer2.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcefodayexplorer3.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcefodayexplorer5.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcefodayexplorer6.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcefodayexplorer7.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcefodayexplorer8.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 10th November 2010, 11:06   #126
BHPian

Looks like a modern Qualis ! looks aloso typical chinese with outdated bumpers, headlight and tail lights. side profile wins over the mahindra's
Old 10th November 2010, 11:18   #127
BHPian

It may be a copy but it will definitely bring force into limelight . Force motors largely was absent from the race which begun after liberalization . When many sub standard manufacturers thrive successfully , a capable player was noticed due to its absence from modern cars .

This launch may enable them to come forward with more models in future . A refined gurkha or gama will do wonders to their business .
Old 10th November 2010, 11:54   #128
BHPian

Well it is true that Force will soon be launching a "premium" SUV. It is in collaboration with a chinese company. The pics put up by dhrishikesh are very close to the one being launched. The launch date keeps shifting so can't really say when they'll decide to publish the news.

From the model i saw the interiors looked very bland and tacky for a SUV with a price tag of 12 lacs. Also considering the over flooded production line of force, the company will have a tough time in delivering the vehicles seeing that a Gurkha takes them 2-3 months of delivery time.
Old 28th November 2010, 14:42   #129
BHPian

Well, I would say I am disappointed with this "premium" SUV. IMHO, looks aren't inspiring. Screams Chinese aloud, something you will certainly not prefer from a 10L+ vehicle. interior quality "looks" good though. But don't know what exactly will come to india.
I think anything more than safari's price and this thing is doomed. Hope force gets it right.
Old 28th November 2010, 15:29   #130
Senior - BHPian

Force motors definately must do something about the styling before getting the car here.The front looks too ugly IMO.
The interiors on the other hand look pretty well laid out.Should get rid of that faux wood and cover it with aluminium of something.
Old 28th November 2010, 15:45   #131
AWD
BHPian

I have liked the looks of this, rugged & purposeful. Front looks inspired from X-Trail & the side profile from the 3rd quarter looks very American.

Don't know what pricing strategy Force is going to follow for this but IMO should be in Safari/Scorpio range or a shade higher i.e. not exceeding 10L mark.
Old 28th November 2010, 16:05   #132
Senior - BHPian

The looks are fine. Nothing too bad about it. Looks like a mix and match of various vehicles - Rhino, Endeavor, Hyundai and what not.

Loved the way the third row is setup; looks to be more practical than the side facing jumper seats. But the way they get folded up, not sure if larger suitcases, cargo might fit in properly.

Whats with the side RVM's angles upwards?

The rear spoiler seems more like an after thought.

Reverse camera / sensors not there!

Hope this is a low end variant - does sport airbags also.

Hope they do not dilute their USP - off roading capabilities.
Old 28th November 2010, 16:16   #133
BHPian

Foday Explorer is a 4x2. How are they going to compete with the 4x4 safaris and the scorpios.
Old 28th November 2010, 17:22   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
Foday Explorer is a 4x2. How are they going to compete with the 4x4 safaris and the scorpios.
Apart from what others have said, pricing will be a key competitive factor (as always).
Old 28th November 2010, 18:48   #135
BHPian

Looking at the pics, as this is being sourced from china, I thing they should opt for a aggressive pricing strategy. Something like a 7-8 lac's On road price. As the consumers are smart today, if they come to know that the "premium" SUV has chinese DNA, then the expectation is cheap! Best of luck to Force! "May the Force be with them"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks