Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 16:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Well there are collaborating with Foday Automoiles china, vehicle which is coming from their stable is this http://www.fdqc.com/en/products.asp?xtitleid=8

this is the report of their visit to china http://www.fdqc.com/en/xinxi_detail.asp?id=1214

Riding & handling test done in london last month.

will keep you updated..
The vehicle looks like some old school Hyundai (with Jeep back grounds!)

PS: I think they should refer to Sam's thread on "How to post in proper English?".

Last edited by amtak : 18th June 2010 at 16:56.
Old 18th June 2010, 20:09   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
I think there is a chance that Force could follow Premier path, as stated in some article they will look China-Taiwan for parts, then it is possible that they will source a Suv from China and plonk the OM6xx unit here and sell them.There are plenty of products in China which fit Force motors bill , some examples being from Gonow Auto,Landwind auto etc.
Thats very likely.The Chinese connection cannot be ruled out.They also have connections in Taiwan-the Flyte and so on from Kinetic (now Mahindra).
Old 18th June 2010, 20:50   #18
BHPian

werent a few ssang yyong vehicles brought in for R&D years back by force motors??

@anjan

agreed force motors did not have fit and finish at the matador times, but to come to think of it which company had great fit and finish? what i remember is that the matador was launched at the time when we indians had a hard time deciding between a fiat and an ambassador. by the time maruti came into the picture, force motors (then BTL) was already working on tempo traveller, and it didn't take too long for it to see the light of the day.

though they haven't improved a lot over the decades, but then they never changed their play field either. They were into commercial vehicles, and they still are doing a decent job there.
Trax VS Commander - though mahindra had a edge with a "better" looking vehicles, there wasn't much difference between the fit and finish quality of them. Mahindra scored better because of their dealerships around while trax was always a better "engineered" vehicle.

The only "premium" vehicle they have ever come up with is the "Black Beauty" (Company code name for the Gurkha) which also was primarily for the Indian Army. When they came into the commercial market, they did try and make some changes which weren't great, but the Gurkha owners swear by the marvels this vehicle is capable of doing. I think it's lot better than any of the mahindra 4 X 4.

so to come to think of it, they never got into the market of passenger cars. now they are thinking of it, and I am sure with the new top management the attempt would be genuine at the least.

Just some food for thought :
Remember when Mahindra got into the passenger car market with their Bolero?!?!? No complains about the fit & finish OR plastic quality that time?? The game for Mahindra changed after the scorpio, which was their second proper attempt to get in the passenger car market. and please don't come up with an excuse called the mahindra classic 4 X 4. it was a cult vehicle - or some might call it a lifestyle vehicle but definitely not a passenger car.

**by passenger car I mean the cars that you and me can commute in comfortably come rain come shine. And our parents also would not mind being seen in those kind of cars. Nor would the missus or kids.
Old 29th June 2010, 14:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Some more spy pics. courtesy : Velociti Magazine
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcemotorssuvspied1.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcemotorssuvspied2.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 29th June 2010, 14:36   #20
BHPian

It is appearing to me as a Cadillac from the front. If the features provided are good then it will be a good choice. But I personally feel they should price it under 10lakhs to improve their sales.
Old 29th June 2010, 14:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

The thing looks capable albeit a bit long in the nose. The bonnet looks sumo grandeish.
Old 29th June 2010, 14:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Well there are collaborating with Foday Automoiles china.
Looks like it will be Force Motors version of Foday Explorer Ⅲ. What you say??
Old 29th June 2010, 14:54   #23
BHPian

The SUV looks good from whatever is visible albeit its a bit longish ,may be the wheel base at play here, the GC looks good but the point is how many buyers will Force motors find who will spend 10+Lakhs on their vehicle. Its a huge jump over what the company manufactures at the moment.

Last edited by MihirC : 29th June 2010 at 14:55.
Old 29th June 2010, 14:56   #24
BHPian

Lools like a jacked up Trax. However, we cant comment until we can see through the camouflage some bit. Its fully covered!

PS - From what is visible, doesnt look like its worth any sum over Rs 10 lakhs. Only the ORVMs, running boards and some part of lights and grille are visible.
Old 29th June 2010, 21:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

What makes people so certain that its a Force motor car?i really cant make out.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:02   #26
BHPian

Having experienced an force vehicle this weekend. I can say, its the ride and handling where the force vehicles excel. Yes, they are still using German design with minor modifications, but it seriously works. We had booked a traveller to go to a place on the Bombay-Goa Highway. The vehicle took us faster than expected and no body rattles or vibrations.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

It seems like FM are planning to pitch it against Endeavor, that is what the dimensions( even Foday Explorer seems so) suggest.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Huge Size camoed SUV caught testing-which is this?

Pics courtesy Autocar India forums

This SUV looks pretty huge, taillights scream mahindra but grill seems to be otherwise, like a rip off of the ford. Which SUV is this?
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-1.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-2.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-3.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-4.jpg  

Old 14th July 2010, 09:25   #29
Team-BHP Support

Looks like a Mahindra going by the tail lights.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Its a Force Suv, atleast headlights say so..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks