Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2010, 18:53   #136
Senior - BHPian

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH THEM.
This is a hopeless goofup of a design.
The sides of the Endeavour, front unmistakably lifted off some Korean RODENT, and the rear end somewhat like the Ford explorer.
Utterly sad design. The interiors look too good to be true for a Force motors product.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 28th November 2010 at 18:55.
Old 28th November 2010, 19:04   #137
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I dont think Force Motors has the necessary finesse nor expertise in making a "Premium" SUV - the Word PREMIUM has been used far too loosely in this country in any case - making it a bit of a mockery.

Looks like this might just end up somewhat like the Premier RIO unless these chaps pull up their socks at high speed.

We all know that the Premier RIO at 7.35 lacs on road is completely way off the target - I dont think anyone who knows anything about vehicles and todays advances in engine technology, ergonomics, style and comfort would even consider it. At that kind of price one is better off buying a quality hatchback or a mid size sedan rather than that Chinese cheapster the RIO.

And reading about the new Force SUV in the car magazines as well as other news items and on TBHP, I understand the investment they are making to be in the region of Rs 150-200 Crores. I dont think frankly that they can achieve much in this kind of investment - given that other "serious" manufacturers like the Tatas and Mahindras tend to invest far far more in their R&D especially when they are trying to create genuine value for the end-consumer.

Im sorry but this Force Motors 'Premium' SUV leaves me quite cold. Even with the much touted Gurkha, I dont think they have even a clue about refinement and other things - while it might be a super mud plugger everything else about it is super-crude - it might as well have been built in the 1980's to take on the Gypsy and the old Mahindra jeeps instead of being sprung on the public twenty or twenty five years later!

However, I shall be fair and generous and give them the benefit of the doubt as of now.
Old 28th November 2010, 19:08   #138
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
This is a hopeless goofup of a design,Utterly sad design.
Does it really matter! At the end of the day, if the product is frugal, practical,reliable(Safari sells without this factor) & VFM, it would sell. Even if its a box on wheels! Scorpio, Safari, the erstwhile Qualis, etc. are no beauty pageant winners either but sell due to other factors.
Old 28th November 2010, 20:50   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

One distinct advantage these of Chinese vehicles over a Safari or Scorpio is that in the event of a head on collission, you can actually pack the crushed tin can vehicle in the back of a Tata Ace or Box Auto. This makes removing accident vehicles easier.
Old 28th November 2010, 23:50   #140
BHPian

+1 to AWD and Burningheart
I can't help but laugh when most of us prefer to write-off or hype a product just by looking at bunch of pictures.
Infact I would encourage more such player to be in this market which is currently ruled by some senseless manufacturers.
Our market is filled with variants and more variants. What sets each variant apart is one or two extra features. GRRR...
We have 2 dozen hatches and a dozen sedans to choose from at <12 Lacs mark.
But what does an Indian customer get to choose when it comes to SUV ? Either Safari or scorpio.
Every other SUV is out of reach for 95% of the buyers.
We need more SUVs in this market. Scorpios or safaris aren't engineering marvels; so why worry about force.
If Force can take care of reliability, habdling, price, dealer network with acceptable level of quality, they surely have winner in their hand.
Old 29th November 2010, 09:52   #141
BHPian

saw 2 test mules today on my way to office. This vehilce is large. Even on larger side than the safari atleast thats my initial impression. Strength of Force motors is building cheap people movers with technology from few generation old Daimlers. Tempo traveller is there best product.
I think they will be targeting the likes of Tavera, Sumo Grande, Xylo, etc. with this product. The typical Tourist Taxi. If Force is able to price it along these products they will have a chance.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:54   #142
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
One distinct advantage these of Chinese vehicles over a Safari or Scorpio is that in the event of a head on collission, you can actually pack the crushed tin can vehicle in the back of a Tata Ace or Box Auto. This makes removing accident vehicles easier.

That is the max number of smilies permitted on TBHP in a post, else would have filled the entire post with them.

On a serious note the Exteriors look decent, the interiors are a bit last gen - especially the center console.

I think this is more a Xylo competitor than a Safari or Scorpio killer especially if it's just going to be 4X2.

With the new vehicles from TATA and M&M on the way, Force needs to price this 8.5L OTR for the top model at the max, and then it is game on in that segment.
Old 29th November 2010, 12:06   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

With the new vehicles from TATA and M&M on the way, Force needs to price this 8.5L OTR for the top model at the max, and then it is game on in that segment.
When it comes to Force it is more than just pricing that will be important. Having worked for the company I had the chance to see the vehicle without the covers. Wasn't too impressed with the interiors and leg space. Also till few months back it was being speculated that the vehicle might be priced in the 10-12 lacs bracket

Also Force has huge problems with delivery and *** which they'll need to put more focus on.
Old 29th November 2010, 12:20   #144
BHPian

They could have brought some thing from the old mercedes stable than this chinese . Though old it would be a better engineered one and safer than this chinese clone .
Old 29th November 2010, 12:32   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
They could have brought some thing from the old mercedes stable than this chinese . Though old it would be a better engineered one and safer than this chinese clone .
OT: Even though this is off-topic i thought i would share this news with you guys.

There are talks of replacing the current Traveller model with the current T1 model being used outside. But this will take atleast 2 years.
Old 29th November 2010, 14:31   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen View Post
OT: Even though this is off-topic i thought i would share this news with you guys.

There are talks of replacing the current Traveller model with the current T1 model being used outside. But this will take atleast 2 years.
Asthetically I do not see any difference betwwen a T1 and the Tempo Traveller. The current Force Traveller is an indeginous design excersise.
Old 29th November 2010, 15:05   #147
BHPian

Yak !!! Another Chinese toy in Indian market. Force motor could have tie up with some other Italian/French... company to Introduce a car. It seems they are only looking for Cheap product.
Old 29th November 2010, 18:46   #148
AWD
BHPian

If reports are to be believed, the SUV shall be having a 220hp engine under its hood.

Link: Autocar India Forum: Lotus to help in Force's new SUV
Old 30th November 2010, 23:12   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
If reports are to be believed, the SUV shall be having a 220hp engine under its hood.

Link: Autocar India Forum: Lotus to help in Force's new SUV
They are planning on using the older (first generation) 2.2 liter CRDe engine from mercedes. It never produced 220 bhp in any mercedes car so why do you think Force motors will generate 220 bhp in a chinese tin can. Let's be a bit realistic here.....
Old 8th December 2010, 10:15   #150
BHPian

re: Force Motors SUV to be launched in end-2010. EDIT : Spotted again. Pics on pg.15

There was an job advertisement in TOI's Ascent today by Force Motors. In the ad, the headlight of an SUV is shown. When I compare the scoop pics on Page 2 of this thread with the headlight pic shown in the ad, they don't quite match up.

The advertisement attached below. Which could this vehicle be?
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcemotors.png
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks