Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 23:47   #511
BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Here is the AutoCar test drive and review feedback. The ex-showroom price is around 10.65lacs. I am unable to find any details on Force Motors website.

The only question is whether it would be compared with a Sonalika equilant version of Endeavor. (no offense meant to anyone)

Last edited by Tommie : 25th August 2011 at 00:01.
Old 25th August 2011, 02:41   #512
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend is looking to buy a SUV around 10-12 lacs budget. He was thinking of Safari and Scorpio obviously But now after this entry, he has one more choice. For me it looks good & very Robust. Also from initial reports looks like its better handler than both competitors. Also its a new model in the market, though its with old looks. It really looks nice in black color. It looks good vehicle for its price. We just need to wait and see how market responds.

My friend is asking me if T-BHP review is available. I really felt really bad to tell him that review is still not available. I hope T-BHP review team is working on it & soon we will get the best review !!!

Just one question, T-BHP review all cars on invitation only? I mean company officially invites for review there car? Or T-BHP people sends request for reviewing the car? I have no idea at all about this, how this happens. I am curious to know about this

Last edited by aniketi : 25th August 2011 at 02:42.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 06:23   #513
BHPian

Actually, with a 10.65 ex-showroom, I dont fee this is a better alternative to Tata Safari since for the same/less price, you will get ABS [GX], 4X4 option, etc ...
The only difference or positive is on the 3rd row seats, but, that doesnt justify this huge price.
If I am right, for the same pricing, we will get Safari VX 4X2 variant as well and about a lakh more, we get VX 4X4.
In one of the review, I read the driver seat is exactly like Ford Endy which means, it will not be as comfortable as Safari. At least, I didnt feel comfy when I was driving Endy as compared to Safari.

Prem.
Old 25th August 2011, 06:39   #514
Senior - BHPian

Force One is more in the Endeavour range than the Safari Scorpio range. So comparisons with Safari/Scorpio will not do it justice.
Old 25th August 2011, 10:08   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Force One is more in the Endeavour range
How/why do you say that? Is it based on price? Then it's not in the Endeavour range. Size, yes. Engine/transmission, maybe comparable to the 2.5L MT but we'll have to wait for test drive reports. Suspension, no. Interiors, maybe. Gadgetry, yes, I think the SatNav is the only thing missing in the One. Body strength/build type, I don't know.

I don't think FMI are positioning this as a competitor to the Endeavour, they are targetting the Safari/Scorpio users for a share.
Old 25th August 2011, 10:15   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
How/why do you say that? Is it based on price? Then it's not in the Endeavour range. Size, yes. Engine/transmission, maybe comparable to the 2.5L MT but we'll have to wait for test drive reports. Suspension, no. Interiors, maybe. Gadgetry, yes, I think the SatNav is the only thing missing in the One. Body strength/build type, I don't know.

I don't think FMI are positioning this as a competitor to the Endeavour, they are targetting the Safari/Scorpio users for a share.
What I'm hinting at is that if you compare it with a Safari and Scorpio it may look expensive but the vehicle is say 400 mm longer than the Scorpio and thats an awful lot of sheet metal,more like an Endy in size how it stacks up against an Endy remains to be seen. But cost wise it is some 40% cheaper than the Endy.
Old 25th August 2011, 10:56   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post

Not many reviews yet and eagerly waiting for T-BHP review. Can't say its in the Endeavour range, but based on the pictures it definitely looks a notch above Safari/Scorpio IMO.

On a side note, the IAB preview states "The suspension of the Force One is fine tuned by Lotus so expect some good action from this SUV."

I must say that Force has done a commendable job here. Looks like a well thought and engineered product.

Last edited by C300 : 25th August 2011 at 10:57. Reason: Formatting
Old 25th August 2011, 15:30   #518
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

in its 2WD avatar its direct head-to-head competition is Safari, Scorpio and to some extent, the Grande. Endy is at a much higher level.

But from a review I recently read, fit and finish levels have a long way to
go.

Anyway, it is not in my consideration set at all, as an alternative, as it seems too big for my liking and has no safety features and no 4WD.

Plus we dont know anything yet about vehicle's overall reliability over time in real world usage conditions and Force Motors after sales etc.

At least until they prove themselves. I certainly dont want to be an early adopter guinea pig for their R&D team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Force One is more in the Endeavour range than the Safari Scorpio range. So comparisons with Safari/Scorpio will not do it justice.
Old 25th August 2011, 16:34   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post

On a side note, the IAB preview states "The suspension of the Force One is fine tuned by Lotus so expect some good action from this SUV."
I said this to someone and he reminded me that first gen Scorpio's suspension was fine 'toon-ed' by Lotus

And F1 electricals was tested by Merc?
Old 25th August 2011, 17:15   #520
Senior - BHPian

Do they have a dedicated site for Force One.

Alas, their site still has no details about the product. *: Force Motors LTD.
Old 25th August 2011, 17:32   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Do they have a dedicated site for Force One.

Alas, their site still has no details about the product. *: Force Motors LTD.
Here it is:

Force One - Be The Force
sanjaykk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 18:08   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
The only question is whether it would be compared with a Sonalika equilant version of Endeavor. (no offense meant to anyone)
Sonalika Rhino was a substitute (equivalent according to you) for discontinued Toyota Qualis & not Ford Endeavor.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-rhino.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-qualis.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-fordendeavour.jpg  

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 25th August 2011 at 18:10.
Old 25th August 2011, 18:14   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Sonalika Rhino was a substitute (equivalent according to you) for discontinued Toyota Qualis & not Ford Endeavor.

Looks like you missed the point.
I know that Sonalika Rhino is made similar to Qualis. It is a cheap version of Qualis. Similarly, Force is trying to make a cheap make of ForceOne in the Endeavour's line.
Old 25th August 2011, 18:33   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Load of features, good looking (to me) and with this price tag and good network of Force sales points, the vehicle should be sell-able to a good number each month. I look forward to see them in in road, also can't wait for the TD report.
Old 25th August 2011, 18:34   #525
BHPian

What on earth were they testing for the past few months without ABS / Airbags? This should have launched five years back. Instead of Alloys they could have offered ABS / Airbags. Alloys can be fitted aftermarket, but ABS / Airbags cannot be fitted aftermarket. On the brighter side we now have an option in the 10 L SUV Category.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed