Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 18:51   #526
BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I said this to someone and he reminded me that first gen Scorpio's suspension was fine 'toon-ed' by Lotus

And F1 electricals was tested by Merc?
We will have to wait and watch how this turns out for Force motors. Now that hatch and sedan segment are on fire with increased competition, its good to see budget SUV segment catching up. Addition of Duster will further improve the situation.
Old 25th August 2011, 19:25   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
From the above website
Body Control Bumpers ----?

Smart looking body colour front and rear bumpers come as standard.

Steering

Power assisted steering wheel lets you effortlessly manoeuvre the vehicle on corners and bends even at high speed
(power steering is more helpful at low speed )

Last edited by dockap : 25th August 2011 at 19:26.
Old 25th August 2011, 19:25   #528
Senior - BHPian

Force Suv Photo

Found this Force SUV with "ÖN TEST" red number plate on Pune-Mumbai expressway today.
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-p8250110.jpg

Raab Rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 25th August 2011 at 19:29.
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 20:47   #529
Senior - BHPian

What is the problem if we compare Force One to Endy? Because of its size i guess its a fair competition. It has lots of features as well. Fit & finish also looks ok. For the target audience it looks good. If it is a good handler & has reasonable quality, then why not? It has very good road presence like endy. I am sure it will be popular in cities other than metros. People from tier II and III cities will just love it. Local politicians & dada log will definitely like this car.

Why why why ??? Why we dont have official review for this yet? GTO & team are you listening????
Old 25th August 2011, 21:09   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
What I'm hinting at is that if you compare it with a Safari and Scorpio it may look expensive but the vehicle is say 400 mm longer than the Scorpio and thats an awful lot of sheet metal,more like an Endy in size how it stacks up against an Endy remains to be seen. But cost wise it is some 40% cheaper than the Endy.
Buddy, Except the size, its not worth comparing with Endy. Infact, its a great injustice to Ford Endy to be compared against this in my opinion
In all aspects starting from Engine, technical specs like power, features, it just meets the Safari entry level meaning, Force has priced it atleast by 1+ lakh higher.
Probably, I wouldnt compare this with Scorpio because Scorpio is NOT a SUV. Its more like a MPV/MUV as per its standards.

Prem.
Old 25th August 2011, 21:22   #531
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Suv Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Found this Force SUV with "ÖN TEST" red number plate on Pune-Mumbai expressway today.
Raab Rakha.
That's a nice catch ariesonu. So, has Force Motors already started testing the 4x4 version, or is it a new variant of Force One with ABS and Airbags? Whatever it is, it is good to see the commitment and hard-work of Force Motors in continuing the relentless testing of the model on Indian roads.
Old 25th August 2011, 21:29   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Buddy, Except the size, its not worth comparing with Endy. Infact, its a great injustice to Ford Endy to be compared against this in my opinion
In all aspects starting from Engine, technical specs like power, features, it just meets the Safari entry level meaning, Force has priced it atleast by 1+ lakh higher.
Prem.
Interesting opinion!!! I, for a change, felt Endy is a massive wastage of real estate. It can transport 4 people in some questionable level of comfort. Now, any automobile which costs 40% less would do a better job than that.

Price viz a viz Safari? I shall reserve my comments till I see Force one myself.
Old 25th August 2011, 21:38   #533
BHPian

Re: Force Suv Photo

^^ I get your point on comparing the comfort level b/w Endy and other vehicles. I too discarded Endy for its low flooring [almost floor level] seats ! For that matter, Sumo Grande MKII can transport in much more comfort for even less price

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post

Raab Rakha.
Does the test vehicle come with all the accessory like roof rail, bonnet mirror ? I doubt.

Prem.
Old 25th August 2011, 21:55   #534
Senior - BHPian

Even the Force One has a high set floor and low set seats, just like the Endy.
Old 25th August 2011, 22:11   #535
BANNED

That blue colour looks brilliant on that vehicle. I think black and white don't bring out the size of this vehicle. Even the tires look kind of right.
Old 25th August 2011, 23:16   #536
BHPian

I am a bit apprehensive about the safety features in this vehicle, no airbags, no ABS, surely those should be standard in any car manufactured today. I think the Indian government should step in and make those features a must have, like most European countries do. I am sure there wont be a single person who wouldnt justify paying extra for such life saving neccessaties.

Also could someone tell me what other alternatives in this range are coming out? Much appreciated.
Old 25th August 2011, 23:38   #537
Senior - BHPian

Chinese look
Average fit and finish
Strong engine
flawed ergonomics

Why? I think I just described the Scorpio. So if the Scorp can sell, so can this.
This has better ride quality as a bonus

But, not offering a cheaper entry level option is a v.risky move for a company with next to nil brand equity.
Old 26th August 2011, 00:25   #538
BHPian

^^ What the Scorpio has is airbags! The fact that a 12L vehicle can be sold in India without basic safety such as airbags is criminal. Especially considering that vehicle of this stature is typically driven on highways.

IMO, the interiors look faaaaar better than what we saw in the initial leaked samples. Overall, it looks darn good, if only it had airbags, it would have been a viable option for a lot of buyers - space (Superb-equalling!), presence, power, not-so-expensive and go-anywhere capability.
Old 26th August 2011, 06:37   #539
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

If one is going this route there's nothing in the SUV mould at these prices as of now.

The only options available to serious utility seekers are;
Safari
Scorpio
Force One
Sumo Grande - at a stretch perhaps

and perhaps the Duster when it hits the marketplace.

The Force One priced at 11 odd lacs plus taxes and insurance is not worth it in my opinion because of the fact that they have completely ignored safety kit and the option of 4WD is not there as of now. Even when they bring in V2 of their machine, while they may add in the safety stuff and 4WD, they are bound to increase the prices, which will cleanly pitch their top end version into the current no mans land just above the top end Scorp and Safari. Again, overpriced in my opinion, for what is actually on offer in terms of fit, finish and yet unproven reliability aspect.

Going by all these blighted manufacturers tendencies i dont think that any one of them, unless forced to by a combination of legislation and/ or unprecedented consumer demand, will even bother to provide us with basic safety stuff like ABS, Airbags etc at these prices in an SUV. This is on account of sheer greed and shortsighted-ness on their part.

Perhaps the Duster will prove me wrong and I fervently hope it does.

But frankly there is absolutely no UTE sitting around waiting to be bought by us, which has all that we are looking for, except at far higher (over priced) price ranges.

Frankly there is no reason to buy a brand new fully loaded Safari or Scorpio at 15 lacs on road price because in my opinion, they are totally over priced for the quality, fit and finish that they offer.

Would be better to push the budget a bit and buy the Skoda Yeti at 18-20lacs OR go the "pre-owned" route if budget is a constraint. But if one is going the pre owned route dont take a loan - save up and pay outright - makes much better financial sense to do this.

I do hope that Renault learns from all this and brings in the top end Duster with the Euro Spec, fully loaded with safety kit, 4WD and the other gizmos at a price equivalent to Rs 12-14 lacs on road.

If this happens the demand will instantaneously outstrip supply!

Yes I couldnt agree more that the blighters in government need to make these things like Safety kit mandatory in all these vehicles. And force the manufacturers to pass on true value to the public. As of now these manufacturers are all operating in an environment which is desperately starved for good UTE options and consequently are milking the consumers - typical short sighted Indian behaviour. Hopefully things will change for the better, and soon, because they have to realize some time that us consumers have evolved at the rate of knots, given the extremely competitive, feature loaded vehicles that are available to us in the sedan, hatch spaces!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
I am a bit apprehensive about the safety features in this vehicle, no airbags, no ABS, surely those should be standard in any car manufactured today. I think the Indian government should step in and make those features a must have, like most European countries do. I am sure there wont be a single person who wouldnt justify paying extra for such life saving neccessaties.

Also could someone tell me what other alternatives in this range are coming out? Much appreciated.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 26th August 2011 at 06:39.
Old 26th August 2011, 06:53   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
^^ What the Scorpio has is airbags! The fact that a 12L vehicle can be sold in India without basic safety such as airbags is criminal. Especially considering that vehicle of this stature is typically driven on highways.

IMO, the interiors look faaaaar better than what we saw in the initial leaked samples. Overall, it looks darn good, if only it had airbags, it would have been a viable option for a lot of buyers - space (Superb-equalling!), presence, power, not-so-expensive and go-anywhere capability.
The fact the Pajero when launched had no airbags and it was something like 24L otr for a model that was some 15 years old...does that make sense?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed