Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2011, 12:03   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

Umm, so even if we leave aside these 200 bookings; considering the fact that they have only 25 dealers for this machine, even if each dealer manages to sell 25 odd units a month, we can claim that the start is very good at about 800 units a month (200 + 600 from the remaining dealers). So, by this assumption, Force is very well on target of only 4,000 units for this year.

However, this calculation is far from reality. If we say 50 cars by each dealer, the monthly sales is 1200 units appx. End result - Waiting period goes up.
Old 25th September 2011, 14:14   #647
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which is this car?

Its the Force 1 for sure. I guess they might be testing it with ABS / Airbags or may be some other routine testing on clocking extra miles.
Old 25th September 2011, 17:11   #648
BHPian

Spoke to the Mumbai dealership - AVK Force. The vehicle has arrived in the showroom. For the TD vehicle the registration is pending. So the Test Drives will only start from Monday. AVK Force will also start with TD at offices starting from Nariman Point to Lower Parel. But this will be in Oct 1st week.

Booking status - 50 bookings as per the Showroom and many more expected after the vehicle arrives (today onwards) in the showroom
Old 25th September 2011, 17:39   #649
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

force one without doubt
must be testing the 4WD with ABS etc
Old 25th September 2011, 17:41   #650
Senior - BHPian

It could be their four wheel drive version which is not launched yet.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 22:03   #651
BHPian

The car was really looking good.
It accelerated quickly, and left me well behind in no time.
Was able to catch up with it only when it was returning back

Also forgot to mention this:
There was quite a amount of smoke from exhaust while sprinting. so i am guessing its diesel variant.
is it already out?
Old 25th September 2011, 22:27   #652
Senior - BHPian

Chinese Made, indianised with merc diesel engine!

its the FORCE ONE!
Old 26th September 2011, 11:13   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@scorcher:

If Force does commit to this product, I will definitely consider this as an option to replace my Scorpio 4WD after the 4WD and ABS/Air Bag version of Force One is out. I just hope they stick with the Manual 4WD Transfer case rather than the electric one.

My fear is that when you have not invested in tools and dies for a product and source it from china, it is very easy to abandon the product if it doesn't take off leaving you with a very expensive lemon on your hands.

Even though this product is an excellent value on paper, I would not take out my checkbook at least for another two years, unless I see a visible change in the attitude of this sleepy company.
Iam quite anxious for this one, and my wife has been generous to lend me a check of 50k from her account to book this one. However my rational brain agrees with your perspective on reliability etc, my heart says ' go for it you might never get this chance again to score an SUV this size for 12Lacs , and what if the booking period goes 6-8 months upwards later and they decide to raise the price by 1-2 lacs, you did the same with fortuner at 18L and see it is teasing you now at 23L which with all the sense in your brain -you have better opportunity costs for the amount, and dude it is half that price today with the space of an endy.. remember the dude in appartment building quirked about his endy to have more space than fort, well you are getting all that at half the price ..go for it man?' .
Then my rational brain kicks in (like ABS)and says hold on , it might have quality issues, ac failure , suspension issue( early tata safaris), bouncy ride, not enough punch to pull up family uphill on a hill station vacation, no one to listen to after measly after sales service, be treated alike a tempo owner at service station ( like the feeling you get amongst cabbies at the tata service station waiting lounge while getting your tata vehicle serviced, hyundai is still so better thanks to no commercial market penetration) or you may never know what quality niggles they have and might pack up the shop after initial hysteria for whatecer reasons (even fiat uno created so much hype). So you can live with your verna alone for 2 more years after the fantastic ride you had yesterday on all sort of terrain and 230 kms of tireless journey. what do you need an SUV for btw..

Nah but I seriously need one..
So tell me guys , the check book is with me for the day, what should I do?? The force showroom is just 10 min drive away (have been there twice already, cant go there 3rd time without the cheque with me), while people are travelling over 100kms to see it from surrounding suburbs.
Old 26th September 2011, 11:49   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
Iam quite anxious for this one, and my wife has been generous to lend me a check of 50k from her account to book this one. However my rational brain agrees with your perspective on reliability etc, my heart says ' go for it you might never get this chance again to score an SUV this size for 12Lacs , and what if the booking period goes 6-8 months upwards later and they decide to raise the price by 1-2 lacs, you did the same with fortuner at 18L and see it is teasing you now at 23L ....

So tell me guys , the check book is with me for the day, what should I .
Comparing it with Fortuner's waiting period and price rise is not correct. Toyota is a global brand and they have built a strong and loyal set of customers over the years. Force has a long way to go and if they increase the price without a strong A.S.S then it will be a mistake IMHO.

My suggestion is to do a thorough TD first. If it ticks most of the boxes for you then go for it. On paper it surely looks like VFM offering.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:20   #655
Senior - BHPian

Yes, i agree with most people here. Do a thorough test drive, see if it checks on the boxes (or most of them), warranty policy, any hidden do's and don'ts and then take the plunge.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:53   #656
BHPian

GTO Please Please can we have an Official Review!!??? Please
Old 26th September 2011, 14:48   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Heck I've waited so long for a review. Seems a TD is around the corner. I'll wait some more for some one to tell me what the USP of Force One is and why this is superior to Scorpio and Safari.

I've only been reading Benz engine, Chinese body, Lotus engineering to be the USPs but what they mean when put on road, the reviews will tell.
I would have thought that its biggest USP would be the Space. The 3rd row does look very promising
Old 26th September 2011, 15:42   #658
BHPian

Just had a small TD at Siddharth Force.

Positives :
Space all 3 rows have very good leg room 3rd row compromises on thigh support (I am 6feet 3inch)
Driving Position
Equipment
Visibility
Engine, no vibrations & audibility very low
Torque is linear hence city driving wont be an issue
Brake do generate confidence
Suspension are good

Negatives
Interiors fit & finish very poor
Styling of interior not modern
Gear shift & slotting a big issue

More when I do a Long test drive. Wifey also did a drive she also felt issue with gear shift.
007 Bond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 16:02   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Just had a small TD at Siddharth Force.

Positives :
Space all 3 rows have very good leg room 3rd row compromises on thigh support (I am 6feet 3inch)

Negatives
Gear shift & slotting a big issue

More when I do a Long test drive. Wifey also did a drive she also felt issue with gear shift.
Thanks man ! Is the gear shift causing an issue because its a new vehicle? You could have taken some pics though !
Old 26th September 2011, 16:05   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thanks man ! Is the gear shift causing an issue because its a new vehicle? You could have taken some pics though !
I was on a very tight schedule hence couldnt take any also gear shifting & slotting is not comfortable may be due to the ergnomics
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks