Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 13:48   #676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

There is a short TD of Force One by odmag and I am attaching it here. Sirish claims this car possibly has the BEST ride quality in the segment !!

Edit:: Everytime I see this vehicle, I am getting inclined. The major grouse I have is the really cheap looking OVRM integrated indicators. Those look really shoddy on a 10L+ car. Most probably they sourced it from Galio.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th September 2011 at 13:49.
Old 28th September 2011, 15:02   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
... The major grouse I have is the really cheap looking OVRM integrated indicators. Those look really shoddy on a 10L+ car. ....
Have you looked at the wind-shield wipers? I am sure the ORVM-integrated-indicators will look luxurious now .

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 28th September 2011 at 15:07.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:52   #678
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes these 'expert' reviews never make any sense. OD says that Lotus has done a very good job in tuning the suspension. But then he goes on to say that 'the handling is nothing to write home about and within the limitations of a ladder chassis its Safe and Secure'. An autorickshaw is safe and secure within the limitations of three wheels but that doesn't give one a lot of confidence does it?!!

A well tuned suspension is one which strikes good balance between both ride and handling. Simply making a soft sprung car for a supple ride is not good engineering or else the Germans would have lost out to Cadillacs and Lincolns long ago!!
Old 28th September 2011, 19:10   #679
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Sometimes these 'expert' reviews never make any sense.
And this is why: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2523787
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 16:00   #680
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone booked this Force/Foday contraption?!! Eager to know their emotions after hearing the XUV500 pricing .

At least on a positive side this will be a far more exclusive car on the road. Couple of years down the line you will have a better story to tell curious onlookers similar to Rover Montegos, Peugeot 309s etc..

@ Samurai

Never understood why any of these 'expert' magazine reviewers always have to sugar coat a vehicles drawback when their job is to simply spit out the facts. Their duty is towards the readers not the carmakers!!

Last edited by shortbread : 29th September 2011 at 16:04.
Old 29th September 2011, 17:16   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone booked this Force/Foday contraption?!! Eager to know their emotions after hearing the XUV500 pricing .
The XUV is ugly and costs 2 Lakhs more OTR than the Force One.

Force One: 10.5 L OTR Chennai top end only variant minus ABS/air bags.
Old 29th September 2011, 17:22   #682
Senior - BHPian

really disappointed that at 10.5L it does not offer even ABS.
Old 29th September 2011, 17:30   #683
Senior - BHPian

@ Sedatedrive,

Not sure whether you're being sarcastic or not, compared to the XUV500 the Force one not only looks ugly but also dated.

You are right who wants ABS or Airbags, those chinese panels were built to withstand cotton candy thrown at it by infants, safe driving!!
shortbread is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 18:37   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
The XUV is ugly and costs 2 Lakhs more OTR than the Force One.

Force One: 10.5 L OTR Chennai top end only variant minus ABS/air bags.
I'm not sure if you have read accounts of accidents or averted accidents by members on this very forum and elsewhere. I myself posted one today.

Sigh! It is very unfortunate that these devices can only be appreciated when one sees them in action. IMO, there is no other sureshot way to convince people that ABS and air-bags is a necessity not an option. On this note, if any member from Indian auto authority is reading this forum, I request them to PLEASE take this matter up and make these devices mandatory on vehicles.
Old 29th September 2011, 19:39   #685
BHPian

I think force will regret their investment, after hearing the price of the XUV500.
Old 29th September 2011, 22:14   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Never understood why any of these 'expert' magazine reviewers always have to sugar coat a vehicles drawback when their job is to simply spit out the facts. Their duty is towards the readers not the carmakers!!
Not true. All main stream media (Print/TV, News papers/Magazines) survive on advts, not purely based on subscription money. The editors dont want to loose the huge advt money comes from these vehicle manufactures. I have seen journalists who hates certain vehicles, writes about the same in magazine/paper as if they are the best. Generally they wont write the negatives, only the positives. These vehicle manufactures also do some kind of "arm twisting"....

Last edited by teamveevee : 29th September 2011 at 22:16.
Old 29th September 2011, 22:27   #687
BHPian

Frankly this cheap chinese contraption must cost on par with the price of a diesel hatch. Force has entered money doubling business at 10.5 L pricing sans ABS. No big investment as no R&D or product development. Just assemble the chinese panels and components.
Old 30th September 2011, 05:37   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
I think force will regret their investment, after hearing the price of the XUV500.
They will have to reduce the prices significantly to stay alive. Other option is to launch a fully loaded version at same price point.
Old 2nd October 2011, 00:28   #689
BHPian

Re: Which is this car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
If Force does commit to this product, I will definitely consider this as an option to replace my Scorpio 4WD after the 4WD and ABS/Air Bag version of Force One is out. I just hope they stick with the Manual 4WD Transfer case rather than the electric one.
The 4WD will not be manual. AFAIK It's electric with knob type Hi/Lo selector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Chinese Made, indianised with merc diesel engine!

its the FORCE ONE!
Only sheet metal for body is shipped from China. It is welded in India. The Chassis is designed & made in India. ("C in C" chassis is relatively light & structurally very strong by the way). Engine is licensed from Daimler AG & made in India. Tyres are Indian. Lights are Indian. Horn is Indian. Audio system is from a leading brand (could be Malaysian/Singapore). AC is Indian.

There is a 3 years - 100,000 Kms warranty valid in India too.
Old 2nd October 2011, 00:46   #690
Senior - BHPian

@ Skyline,

While I understand your comments, the fact is the most visible components of Force one are chinese. Whatever you see outside (body panels) and inside (dashboard, plastics) are assembled from china. Although at the end of the day what matters most is how good it is and the VFM proposition.

Unfortunately after the XUV500 launch the Force is neither as good as the Mahindra nor does it provide similar VFM. The situation will only get tougher once Tata launches the Merlin as well. Top this all with the fact that the Rupee has now weakened drastically making import of the chinese parts more expensive.

Had Force launched this thing a couple of years ago it would have made an interesting proposition. Unfortunately now it has come to a big boys sword fight with a pen knife!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks