Team-BHP - Audi Q5 special EMI rate
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Audi Q5 special EMI rate (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/103135-audi-q5-special-emi-rate.html)

Hi Everyone!

Audi has been aggressively advertising A4, Q5 and Q7 in major newspapers lately. They have been advertising an EMI of Rs. 19,998 for A4, Rs. 22,000 for the Q5 and Rs. 44,000 for the Q7. I think Mercedes Benz is also offering similar EMI offers on C class. Does anyone know the details of these offers? What's the catch here?

I am interested in the 3 series/C class/A4 range and so any information that anyone may have will be very useful.

The EMIs quoted are for a meager sum of loan amount which is left behind after you make a payment of more than 60-65% of the cost of the car i.e., the ex showroom price of the car. For example consider that the base variant of the Q5 costs around 40 lacs and you pay about 30 lacs as down payment the EMI works out to be around Rs. 22K and more over you are expected to make lumpsum payments once or twice a year.

Such schemes work out only to the ones who intend to buy such cars by paying cash. Its a mere marketing gimmick to attract customers to make inquires and to lure the customers of a segment below to graduate to a higher segment. I have friend who works at Audi in Bangalore and I called up to inquire and when he told me the details of the scheme i was disappointed.

Thanks patil!I intend to visit or at least call dealerships sometime this week. I will post details once I have those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patil (Post 2397490)
The EMIs quoted are for a meager sum of loan amount which is left behind after you make a payment of more than 60-65% of the cost of the car i.e., the ex showroom price of the car. For example consider that the base variant of the Q5 costs around 40 lacs and you pay about 30 lacs as down payment the EMI works out to be around Rs. 22K and more over you are expected to make lumpsum payments once or twice a year.

Such schemes work out only to the ones who intend to buy such cars by paying cash. Its a mere marketing gimmick to attract customers to make inquires and to lure the customers of a segment below to graduate to a higher segment. I have friend who works at Audi in Bangalore and I called up to inquire and when he told me the details of the scheme i was disappointed.

@Patil - It is not always so

For e.g., BMW recently offered a scheme like this for 3 Series Corp Ed

Initial payment 11 Lakhs (I agree it is high)
Then a payment of 19,999 pm for 7 years.
Every 12th payment is called a bullet payment (I think 'cos it hurts you like one :P ), you need to pay 99,999 Rs.

If one can manage the down-payment, it was the closest way to get to a 3 series. I am not sure about the Audi scheme. But, I just wanted to let you know that not all schemes are duds.

If Audi wants people to pay 65% of the ex-showroom price as down-payment, then they might as well withdraw the scheme :D - Any one who is tempted by 20K pm EMI is not he guy who'd have that kind of money for downpayment!

Received this on email today, looks too tempting. loan of 24 lacs @ 0% interest rate for 36 months.

Actually there's a catch to that 0% offer. You get 0% interest loan for 24lakhs for full price of car. If you decide to buy the car with normal finance then they give you a discount of 3lakhs on the ex-showroom value.

So basically 40lakhs A4. If you take 0% you pay 24L in EMI and 16L down payment. If you take normal finance then you take loan at 11-12% and the car price is now 37lakhs.

Net net you still pay 40lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2742741)
Actually there's a catch to that 0% offer. You get 0% interest loan for 24lakhs for full price of car. If you decide to buy the car with normal finance then they give you a discount of 3lakhs on the ex-showroom value.

So basically 40lakhs A4. If you take 0% you pay 24L in EMI and 16L down payment. If you take normal finance then you take loan at 11-12% and the car price is now 37lakhs.

Net net you still pay 40lakhs.

Agree, but still you can save about a lakh rupees in above offer. However, the above ad will definitely fetch some crowd to the showroom :)