Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 14:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda to revamp 'City' sedan?

Thank God this news came today. I was all set to spend time tomorrow at the Honda showroom to start haggling on buying a new City. Now I will just wait till Diwali. Rather go for another automatic as anyway major refresh of the City will happen early next year.

No wonder Honda rationalized their inflated prices. They will have to re-start more freebies soon.

Else I doubt anybody now will go and buy the current City.

Cheers
Old 24th June 2011, 15:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi charthom,

Is this news airing on TV also? Which channel? If it is really launching then festive season is the best time to launch it.
No bluevolt-sadly these are ads I saw on the You-tube.The existing ANHCs there seem to have ACCs already!!And check out those alloys!!These are existing ANHCs,not the expected ones.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
No bluevolt-sadly these are ads I saw on the You-tube.The existing ANHCs there seem to have ACCs already!!And check out those alloys!!These are existing ANHCs,not the expected ones.
Yes these features are actually there in international models of ANHC. May be this time Honda may introduce features like ACC etc. to ANHC in India. But I doubt they will do any major changes. Even the newspapers are showing old snaps from some blogs, still need some reliable info like that from sidindica (Buddy bring on some info if you have).
Old 24th June 2011, 15:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Can someone pls explain to me whats the big deal about ACC?
Both my cars dont have it whereas my FIL's car (SX4) has it.

Sure its "nice to have" but whats the big deal in not having it?
And if it isnt expensive to throw in one, why arent manufaturers doing that? Is this a class differentiating feature? I dont think so.
Exactly my thoughts. I dont see ACC being the deciding factor when buying a car. What Honda should do is provide some decent dials for the manual AC. The current ones look really tacky.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both my cars dont have it whereas my FIL's car (SX4) has it.

Sure its "nice to have" but whats the big deal in not having it?
And if it isnt expensive to throw in one, why arent manufaturers doing that? Is this a class differentiating feature? I dont think so.
+1. What's the big deal there?
I would have loved to have bluetooth with steering controls, folding electric mirrors etc which would be really helpful.
And City needs wider rubber for sure!
Old 24th June 2011, 16:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Thank God this news came today. I was all set to spend time tomorrow at the Honda showroom to start haggling on buying a new City. Now I will just wait till Diwali. Rather go for another automatic as anyway major refresh of the City will happen early next year.

No wonder Honda rationalized their inflated prices. They will have to re-start more freebies soon.

Else I doubt anybody now will go and buy the current City.

Cheers
+1 to that. I too was supposed to picnic at Honda Showroom over the weekend. Was wondering if we buy from the same dealer we might get a bigger discount. You game?
Old 24th June 2011, 16:41   #37
BHPian

Being a ANHC owner from 2 years, if i am asked what two things you need in ANHC. I really hate ANHC don't have.
1) ACC
2) Electric fold-able mirrors

Instead if Honda go and change some headlight and other things, they are out of tune with customers unlike Toyota which listen to its customers feedback a lot.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:57   #38
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
+1. What's the big deal there?
Guys, Dont want to start an argument over the utilities of A.C.C and not having it. But if you see this thread, most owners would have liked to have it. If Chevy Beat can give you one at 4L why not ANHC?

Imagine your home or office air conditioner. If it was an old style, cool-cooler-coolest type, compare that to a modern temperature setting type, which one will you prefer?
dot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 17:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

The news should not come as a surprise considering its 3 years in september, so a mid cycle facelift will obviously take place. The ACC is only sold in eastern european an south american cities with a 1.4 i-vtec engine. ASEAN, Indian, and OZ model cities do NOT feature automatic AC.
Old 24th June 2011, 17:28   #40
BHPian

Looks like another knee jerk reaction by Honda only because its the first time they are feeling the impact of sales and being pushed up the wall by recent diesel launches. Would these changes actually improve Honda's situation? Most of the changes looks more of external gizmos but I think what they need to address is the diesel engine option. For many years together it did enjoy the leadership position bcos of its very good petrol engine and build quality. If you look closely the slowdown in sales is mainly because of competition and new launches in the diesel segment in the sedan category...
Old 24th June 2011, 17:51   #41
BHPian

Guys the city upgrade is not just for India but across the globe including south east asia especially Malaysia, Thailand and Philipines where Honda City is very popular

The news about ANHC city upgrade has been doing the round since June 1st week. A famous auto journal based in Brazil orginally broke the news. I had also created a thread on this which was pulled down as it was not substantial news back then.

http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com.b...este-asiatico/

I have heard from a Honda insider that car will be launched in September in India

Since the news is out now (leaked by Honda marketing for sure), I think Honda must be very close to releasing the car, otherwise customers will postpone purchase of the current ANHC and wait for the upgraded one.

Last edited by bharatbs : 24th June 2011 at 18:09.
Old 24th June 2011, 18:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Exactly my thoughts. I dont see ACC being the deciding factor when buying a car. What Honda should do is provide some decent dials for the manual AC. The current ones look really tacky.
More then the dials, look at the mechanical slider for controlling air recirculation!
I dont know how many people have noticed, but Honda has skipped the inner lining inside the boot lid. You can see the holes and the exposed bulbs, wiring etc through the metal. These kind of cost cutting measures will take away the feel good factor.
According to me the list of upgrades should include:
  • ACC
  • Electronic air recirculation mode switch
  • Inner lining for the boot lid
  • Septate cabin lights for the diver and rear passengers
  • CD player
  • Rear independent suspension
  • Rear Air vents
Optional things could be
  • Sunroof
  • cruise control
  • Bluetooth
  • Sat Nav
  • etc
Old 24th June 2011, 18:45   #43
BHPian

The magic wand is diesel. Honda can only slow down the slide with revamps and price cuts ,it cannot compete with vento ,verna and fiesta with only petrol variants,
Old 24th June 2011, 19:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

I guess people must be talking about the dials which comes with 'V' variant, otherwise I see no problem with dials which comes with 'S' variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda to revamp 'City' sedan?-controls.jpg  

Old 24th June 2011, 19:43   #45
BHPian

Pals,
Why not a hybrid engine?If your pocket is not dented,would you care if it is petrol or diesel?A frugal petrol engine coupled with an induction motor is better than a diesel.Honda already has this technology.Instead of developing Diesel engines why not adapt the hybrids to fit the City?A 1.2 litre engine will attract some duty cut I believe( pl enlighten anyone-my knowledge is not sufficient here) .So expenses will fall.So you present this car with a an under 12 lakhs price tag with reasonable features including ACC and wider tyres,takers will be many.

No one is buying a diesel for the love of the fuel but pocket.Give an economical alternative and they will appreciate the cleaner and emission-free petrol engine .It will be a trend-setter which is much more positive than people having to take kicks at the diesel car dealers place for saving a few bucks.Others will follow soon too.Then it is worth to be proud Honda owners, a truly innovative lot.

Am I awfully wrong?

Rgds,charthom.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed