Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 19:53   #46
BHPian

Re: Honda to revamp 'City' sedan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The news should not come as a surprise considering its 3 years in september, so a mid cycle facelift will obviously take place. The ACC is only sold in eastern european an south american cities with a 1.4 i-vtec engine. ASEAN, Indian, and OZ model cities do NOT feature automatic AC.
Sid,any reason why no ACC for ASEAN,Indian and OZ models?

When there are choices available I don't see a reason for people to buy cars sans desirable features. Others are offering better value for money-so in order to be in the competition,Honda will have to provide more featrures everywhere.Yes,people buy Honda cars for their sheer,addictive quality.But when quality cease to be your be monopoly-well,change and be in the game.
Old 24th June 2011, 21:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
You're welcome! It looks like you missed the thread started by sidindica on phase 1 of the ANHC's upgrade around 2 years ago. The comments on the new rotary knob were simply hilarious!
Yes I missed it :( But we don't have to worry as our Indian manufacturers can create many such comic situations for us! I completely trust them for this
Old 25th June 2011, 10:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna
[*]Rear Air
Do you know that rear air vents are present in ANHC? However, below the seat. You have to turn the mode control dial to 2nd position; airflow divided between vents on the dashboard and floor.
Old 26th June 2011, 14:50   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
+1 to that. I too was supposed to picnic at Honda Showroom over the weekend. Was wondering if we buy from the same dealer we might get a bigger discount. You game?
I went to the showroom today and they are not offering any more discounts on the city. With a refresh just due by September I don't think it's a good idea to buy now. Rather wait and watch.

Jazz has 75k off but still ain't worth it.

Let us know if you fared better.

Cheers,
Old 26th June 2011, 20:30   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I went to the showroom today and they are not offering any more discounts on the city. With a refresh just due by September I don't think it's a good idea to buy now. Rather wait and watch.

Jazz has 75k off but still ain't worth it.

Let us know if you fared better.

Cheers,
I went to Apex Honda yesterday & met the asst. sales mgr of the showroom. They are very tight lipped about any new face lift (as epxected) but they certainly are pushing hard for AHNC. I was offered corporate discount in addition to Teflon Coation, Underbody Anti rust coating, door mat, car cover. Since I mentioned to them that I want the car in Sept they wanted me to pay the booking amount to assure my choice of color & Michelin tyres.

I think a wait and watch is the need of the hour.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
I went to Apex Honda yesterday & met the asst. sales mgr of the showroom. They are very tight lipped about any new face lift (as epxected) but they certainly are pushing hard for AHNC. I was offered corporate discount in addition to Teflon Coation, Underbody Anti rust coating, door mat, car cover. Since I mentioned to them that I want the car in Sept they wanted me to pay the booking amount to assure my choice of color & Michelin tyres.

I think a wait and watch is the need of the hour.
Frankly as the face lift news spreads nobody's gonna buy a City till the face lift happens. As we get closer to August I am sure another 50K of discounts definitely on the table, if not more.

I was really feeling for a family who were taking delivery of their City while I was there. They were so happy and just in a couple of months they will have the buyer's remorse.

Btw I went to Apex Santacruz.

Cheers
Old 27th June 2011, 12:41   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Sid,any reason why no ACC for ASEAN,Indian and OZ models?

When there are choices available I don't see a reason for people to buy cars sans desirable features. Others are offering better value for money-so in order to be in the competition,Honda will have to provide more featrures everywhere.Yes,people buy Honda cars for their sheer,addictive quality.But when quality cease to be your be monopoly-well,change and be in the game.

I had posted the ACC variant pictures of ANHC in a different thread couple of months back I guess; here's one of them.

Just doing away with the manual rotary knobs changes the look of the interior; and the silver panel doesn't look so bad anymore, does it?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda to revamp 'City' sedan?-lhd2009hondacity7large.jpg  

Old 27th June 2011, 13:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was really feeling for a family who were taking delivery of their City while I was there. They were so happy and just in a couple of months they will have the buyer's remorse.

Cheers
And what if Honda do a Verna transform to the City? They will be happy chaps then, and what if there isn’t a facelift ever, may be this rumor turns out to be a hoax? For example the current Civic owners are happy to own the current generation Civic after seeing the new civic and many will buy the existing one on comparing it with the new variant.

I guess this thinking should change, what matters is the new car and BTW it is not a complete makeover just a minor cosmetic job which Honda do every year. My brother in law is going to book ANCH this week and he don’t care if there is a facelift or not. What matters to him is the new car and over that a new Honda.

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th June 2011 at 13:08.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 13:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
And what if Honda do a Verna transform to the City? They will be happy chaps then, and what if there isn’t a facelift ever, may be this rumor turns out to be a hoax? For example the current Civic owners are happy to own the current generation Civic after seeing the new civic and many will buy the existing one on comparing it with the new variant.

I guess this thinking should change, what matters is the new car and BTW it is not a complete makeover just a minor cosmetic job which Honda do every year. My brother in law is going to book ANCH this week and he don’t care if there is a facelift or not. What matters to him is the new car and over that a new Honda.
@bluevolt I agree with you that what ultimately is that the perception of people. As mentioned by you that your bro-in law is booking the AHNC despite the rumors floating around. But cosmetic changes or not it may not hurt to wait for a month or so to validate the rumors. Should the rumor be true you could end up getting a FLHC (Face lifted Honda City) and stand out from the crowd or worse you could get additional discount on the AHNC as dealers would want to clear old stock.

At the end of the day, to each is own.

@sahakar - I was there at Apex Sanatcruz too. Couldnt resist TDing the 1.8S Civic (greedy me ) May be we could align our next trip to Apex to catch up.
Old 27th June 2011, 16:10   #55
BHPian

@bluevolt - I know its everybody's choice and they have to live with their choices. I for one will surely get my buyer's remorse if in just a couple of months a new version of an expensive car I just bought comes up. I would err on the side of caution as I really don't need an urgent change.

@arup- Ya definitely but I don't think I am visiting Honda again till the new City comes up. For fun sake, I TDed the Jazz.
Old 27th June 2011, 16:41   #56
BHPian

Wow good news. I think every manufacturer is rolling out new strategies to keep retain market cap intact. Lets hope Honda will relook at the pricing as well.
Old 27th June 2011, 17:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I had posted the ACC variant pictures of ANHC in a different thread couple of months back I guess; here's one of them.

Just doing away with the manual rotary knobs changes the look of the interior; and the silver panel doesn't look so bad anymore, does it?
If they introduce ACC variant at least we would have options to upgrade it as well. Hope honda listen to customer demand.
Old 27th June 2011, 19:35   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post

@Tats07,

Thanks for sharing the snap. Yes,the silver panel looks much sleeker and more futuristic now.
Old 28th June 2011, 10:54   #59
BHPian

Also, They should offer an option of black interiors, not everybody likes beige, and it does tend to get dirty pretty fast. Here's a sample.
Attached Images

Old 28th June 2011, 15:17   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Frankly as the face lift news spreads nobody's gonna buy a City till the face lift happens. As we get closer to August I am sure another 50K of discounts definitely on the table, if not more.
Will a facelift mean cosmetic changes? If so (assuming that one is not too swayed by the new look, and assuming that no changes under the hood), what are the reasons for waiting for the facelifted vehicle? Will it not be priced higher?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks