Team-BHP - Honda to revamp 'City' sedan?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda to revamp 'City' sedan? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/103389-honda-revamp-city-sedan.html)

Saw a news item in ET today , here is the link

Honda to revamp 'City' sedan in a bid to revive its fortunes
The car would carry new colours and design cues like new tail lamps that could get an LED treatment and internal changes in form of some modifications with instrumental panel, new interior trim and a new CD player system," the person said, requesting anonymity.

Something to cheer about, only if they add automatic climate control also and keep the prices in check!

Here is the link to the speculated look of the City.

Honda City face-lift, New Honda City launch and photos | DWS Auto India

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkuz (Post 2403845)
Saw a news item in ET today , here is the link

Honda to revamp 'City' sedan in a bid to revive its fortunes
The car would carry new colours and design cues like new tail lamps that could get an LED treatment and internal changes in form of some modifications with instrumental panel, new interior trim and a new CD player system," the person said, requesting anonymity.

Something to cheer about, only if they add automatic climate control also and keep the prices in check!

As in the above link:

"Component makers and suppliers approached by Honda, however, confirmed working on the changes for the new sedan. "Lights, which play an integral part in the styling and aesthetics of the car, and a new tail lamp with integrated LEDs are sure to be part of the new car that is slated to debut post-festive season," an industry official said."

This does add some weight to these reports. Various international blogs are also reporting this facelift. Cool, i am greatly looking forward to a feature rich ANHC :thumbs up

Nice move, with price cut and revamp shows desperation of Honda. Hope they tag it right.

If that is true, it is a typical Honda "upgrade". Cosmetic changes galore! Honda needs a steep price cut even if they make any changes to the car. The 2 yr extended warranty has already been slashed. Hope they don't eliminate ABS/airbags in the base "S" variant to show an even lower starting price. That way, they would be able to match the base Vento's 6.99 L price.

Come on guys, Honda refreshes their cars every 3-4 yrs, and the current is a 2008 model. Its due for the refresh!!

Now we may know the reason for the price cuts. Fit (jazz) has already been updated in Japan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuel_addict (Post 2403883)
Hope they don't eliminate ABS/airbags in the base "S" variant to show an even lower starting price. That way, they would be able to match the base Vento's 6.99 L price.

'S' Variant is not the base variant, in fact 'E' is the base variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equus (Post 2403900)
Come on guys, Honda refreshes their cars every 3-4 yrs, and the current is a 2008 model. Its due for the refresh!!

Honda completely updates its 'City' model every five years (like OHC, NHC, ANHC) and refreshes almost every year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 2403921)
'S' Variant is not the base variant, in fact 'E' is the base variant.

I thought the E variant was discontinued but apparently it still exists. The Honda site now shows a total 9 City variants including the fancy names they have come up with - Inspire, Elegance & Exclusive.

Oh man, there are way TOO many Honda City threads!

Lets wait and see how Honda goes about this "revamp" w.r.t. price and additional features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuel_addict (Post 2403926)
I thought the E variant was discontinued but apparently it still exists. The Honda site now shows a total 9 City variants including the fancy names they have come up with - Inspire, Elegance & Exclusive.

Now, it is mainly the EMT, SMT, VMT, VAT, VMT Exclusive and VAT Exclusive. I think Inspire and Elegance are seasonal; they were there earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuel_addict (Post 2403926)

E was discontinued when my dad bought his car, during Oct 2009, but later introduced as competition got stronger and stronger.
Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 2403932)
Oh man, there are way TOO many Honda City threads!

Lets wait and see how Honda goes about this "revamp" w.r.t. price and additional features.

Now, it is mainly the EMT, SMT, VMT, VAT, VMT Exclusive and VAT Exclusive. I think Inspire and Elegance are seasonal; they were there earlier.

Yes the main variants are exactly the ones you had mentioned, But the Inspire and Elegance aren't variants or models, but add on packages!

Elegance trim adds Illuminated door sills that read 'City', LED interior dash Illumination, Chrome exhaust tip (For S variant), Bumper mouldings and Side mouldings.

Inspire trim adds Sporty front and rear bumper add on skirts, a Lip spoiler and other features.

The news is also there in times of India After price cut, Honda City to go for facelift - The Times of India

However the company is still not disclosing the details ".When contacted,Honda denied any such plan.We do not have any plan to launch the facelift for the City model during the festival period.Our current focus is the launch of the Brio (hatchback)"

Any idea when will this revamped city be launched. I remember reading somewhere around October but not sure?

See the news is having same words and snaps as they were in those blogs, company has not still verified. But I guess the company will never disclose its detail. If Honda is really planning for a facelift then this will be like one when Honda introduced ZX variants on NHC in the past, during that time they also changed rear tail lights and some interior updates.

This time they should at least add ACC, CD player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand (Post 2403936)
E was discontinued when my dad bought his car, during Oct 2009, but later introduced as competition got stronger and stronger.

In fact 'E' Variant was launched in 2009; don't remember if that was ever discontinued and bought back.

What the ANHC sorely lacks is ACC, wish they'd add that on instead of making cosmetic changes to the tail lamp cluster:Frustrati