Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 11:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day

Awesome, from what I see in the brochure, the accessories/fittings are across the variants except for a few major things. All variants include a 12 spoke alloy wheel. Now, thats competition. I have seen VW-Polo, sparingly having any facilities in the lowest end.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

^^^ snorting bull: Does an 'x' means not available or available? Because most of the features have 'x' marks for all variants! I think there may be some mistake in the tick marks.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
Awesome, from what I see in the brochure, the accessories/fittings are across the variants except for a few major things. All variants include a 12 spoke alloy wheel. Now, thats competition. I have seen VW-Polo, sparingly having any facilities in the lowest end.
Nops Snorting bull alloys are only on the V & VX variants. I suppose you are referring to the PDF version of the brochure, its wrong for sure.
Refer the specifications section for the correct details on Toyota Etios Liva
Old 27th June 2011, 11:56   #34
BHPian

Agree with most of you here.
This would be the poorest of the hatches in terms of looks.
Even the Indica eV2 has better interiors.
There will be a fine line. The Liva cannot and should not be priced on par with the Punto Swift Figo Micra petrol models.
This should compete with the likes of i10, Wagon-R and the Beat.
So, price it a little lower than the i10, and you could do 4000-5000 units a month.
Any higher, you could possibly be doing 1000 cars per month.

And at whatever price, if someone wants to buy the Liva, I would be amused.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
PDF version of the brochure, its wrong for sure.
Refer the specifications section for the correct details on Toyota Etios Liva
You are right, the pdf was wrong. It maintained a consistant x across all the columns, so thought it was the way Toyota represents features. For a moment, I was too excited

Last edited by snorting bull : 27th June 2011 at 12:02.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

The car is launched between 3.99 to 5.90 lakhs. (from FB).
Old 27th June 2011, 12:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

After driving my Punto, when i sat inside Etios, I felt I was sitting inside a car which is at least 2 segments lower to Punto. The seats offer practically no support, and the dash and plastics felt much inferior to Indica. To top it off, the boot does not even have a felt lining - was really shocked to see the all exposed boot lid. Hope Liva does comes with a felt lining at lest, on the inside of tail gate.

But the car felt light and was a pleasure driving in traffic congested city roads.

What ever said and done, I am sure people will fall head over heels on Liva - the Toyota badge can pull serious crowd, thanks to the heard mentality. Couple it with the entry leave price point of 3.99, I am sure this will be another success story for Toyota brand.

Last edited by theexperthand : 27th June 2011 at 12:06.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:09   #38

Irrespective of what Toyota does with this car, this is a car you buy as it is cheap and thats about it. It doesnt seem to have ANY soul whatsoever!! Its just a white good. Even the swift has more of a Soul than this does. And lets not even go anywhere near the Fiat punto in those terms shall we. So its a very straightforward question then. What would you go for.. Value or Pleasure!!
Old 27th June 2011, 12:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The car is launched between 3.99 to 5.90 lakhs. (from FB).
3.99 lakhs for a car that doesn't even have a power steering, and having looks which even a company that is making a car for the first time wouldn't approve.
Sincerely wish that the market gives a big 'Thumbs down' to this atrocious pricing.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:22   #40
BHPian

LIVA pricing

3.99 J

4.59 G

5.05 G (SP)

5.49 V

5.99 VX
Old 27th June 2011, 12:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

VX is costly....bang into the i20 territory. And i20 is a far superior built product.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

The prices are a complete hogwash in my opinion. A 4lakh rupee car without power steering, power windows, central locking, not even an intermittent wiper setting cant really be called a base variant. It's a complete and pure marketing gimmick.

The J version exists just so that the marketing dept can advertise "Prices starting at 3.99lakhs".

The G variant which is actually has the sort of kit most base variants offer is at the 4.5lakh mark, which is around 50 grand more than the i10, Beat and Wagon R. This when the interior quality and exterior beauty of the i10, the Beat and probably even the WagonR is better.

The V and VX variant on the other hand will compete at a price point where decently kitted diesel variants of cars like the Swift ,Figo ,Punto ,i20 and Polo are available

The pricing is a complete disaster in my view. On the spec front I dont think the Etios Liva has anything going for it at all. The only thing it has is a Toyota badge.

Last edited by julupani : 27th June 2011 at 12:35.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 12:35   #43
BANNED

Liva launched at Rs 3.99 Lakhs!

Toyota Liva Hatchback Launched - Priced Between 3.99 to 5.99 Lakhs | Autoholiks
Old 27th June 2011, 12:37   #44
BHPian

Note from Mod : GTO's Liva test-drive report has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the review thread.

The pricing is disappointing. Toyota had a wonderful opportunity to make a huge dent in the i10 and Wagon R sales, but I guess they have missed it. I assume the interiors would be the same as in the Etios which is plain ugly.

Last edited by GTO : 27th June 2011 at 14:15. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks