Team-BHP - Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/103451-toyota-liv-tmrrw-2day.html)

Note from Mod : GTO's Liva test-drive report has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the review thread.

Presenting the toyota etios liva brochure. Full specs and equipment on last page.

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-1.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-2.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-3.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-4.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-5.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-6.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-7.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-8.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-9.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-10.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-11.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-12.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-13.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-14.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-15.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-16.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-17.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-img-18.jpg

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-scan0019.jpg

Thanks Sid. It is typical toyota no nonsense car and another segment king in making. Glad to see all the necessary goodies in the car with 7 colour.

Now, if they can price it below 4 for basic variant then Maruti, Hyundai and Tata are in trouble.

Excellent attention to detail, Sidindica! Easily beats all the mags around :)

I am disappointed with the J variant not having power steering. The J sedan doesnt have it too, but it was more for the fleet operators. The hatch is definitely for families, and its a miss.

Effectively its the G variant thats to be compared with the base variants of competition..

Awesome Sid ! clap: I was thinking where did you disappear just like that. Thought you might have been on leave as well. Any pointers on prices? Just cant wait to see how market reacts to this car. Sure its going to be a hit, but want to see who feels the pinch after all!

The torque curve looks interesting - goes up & down thru the rpms while the power delivery looks so linear !

Edit:: Can I guess the prices to start at 3.75L since the base variant is almost void of any features?? Looks like its even stripped than the base Beat which sells at 3.55L. Should we be in for a shocker price???

Great scoop from our scoopmaster. Nice to see airbags + ABS as optional on G variant. Looking at the Etios pricing the base model should start below 4L.

Thanks Sid for the Brochure. The Liva looks better than than the Etios. Only the Instrumentation Console does not look good.Good Toyota is offering Airbags and ABS, EBD as option in G Variant. Hope all other manufactures start offering Airbags, ABS & EBD as option in all variants. Only missing is a Diesel Engine and an Automatic Version. Pricing will be key. The J variant seems to be targetting the Taxi Segement offered only in White and Silver Colour

Nice one sid. ABS/EBD and dual airbags can be had in the top 3 variants. Good job Toyota! Now awaiting the prices.

An important question:

Kitna deti hai?

What's the FE like?

I must say the rear seats and the boot look very good.

18.31kmpl, thats what they are claiming in brochure. Looks like around 15 in real world.

As always, coming in with some additional information / details, Sid !! Thanks. Got this in the email today - June 27th, 11:00 a.m. is the live webcast of Liva going LIve. Live webcast of Toyota Etios Liva on 27th June 2011. Things in the hatchback segment will get very interesting now onwards !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by C300 (Post 2405713)
18.31kmpl, thats what they are claiming in brochure. Looks like around 15 in real world.

12-14 KMPL would be more realistic in dense traffic like bangalore. Still feel diesel option from the launch would have made it a killer deal. The centre console is a turn off though.

Toyota is known to make reliable cars and hope this car stays true to Toyota's genes. I have used/seen a lot of toyota ( Yaris/ Vios) taxis and do not recall any rattles from any of the cars.

Looks like a very good and functional car.

Hi Sid,

Thanks for the brochure. The hatch looks promising with great FE and all goodies. I would expect Toyota not to bungle with the launch and the delivery the ay they did with the Etios sedan. The pricing will decide whether the car is a success or not.

The J & G variant dont get an audio system at all or is it one minus the remote.:eek:

BTW why is not simply called Toyota Liva, why the Etios in between.

Thanks SId, You are back!:)
I saw the Overdrive show on CNBC today and follwing are the observations from the short review -
Overall, a no-nonsense car as usual from Toyota which will sell well given the badge value and pricing (expected similar to Figo, may be a tad higher). Not for someone looking for driving pleasure

Why has toyota used skirts and other body accessories in all the pictures? Wont customers be disappointed to see the actual car without any of these?

Secondly, I have not heard of great reviews of the Etios, especially on its flimsy build. Is the Liva going to beat the new swift? That is something only the diesel version can answer. For now, Swift petrol, I10, Beat and the Figo petrol are in for a lot of competition. I10 & Beat mostly, since the others have their diesel variants contributing 70% of sales.

Scoop Pic of the Toyota Liva found in Bangalore.

Toyota Liv(a) tmrrw 2day-261721_244507838896730_100000125482311_1193211_6725964_n.jpg

Not impressed with the rear design