Team-BHP - where to get service.. Need advice
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   where to get service.. Need advice (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10356-where-get-service-need-advice.html)

I am not sure if this is appropriate to post this here. Mods please move this to a beeter place if you find is out of place.

I have a dilema..
My baby (petra) is now out of warranty. good news I can try my hands on it myself, do some pampering.. as well as bad news I have to pay for the care.

Now, I have been trying to find out best people to take care of my car.

1. Authourised service.. :mad: Its Sundaram . I am yet ot get convinced if it is a good place. Sucks big time.. But hypothetically they should be best as they get the access to the service manuals, original spares etc..
Service history will be maintained with auth. dealer.

2. Bosch Service.. I have found this new guy SDH service near hebbal fl over. Visited the place, and he looked impressive. seem to have invested a lot of money on the equipments.
Pros.. Can get some beter them Fiat OEM part, few if not all. friendly service and more control.
Cons. Not authorised. may still have to look for Fiat for other spares..

3. You suggest. Like say Psycho's place... Please suggest both pro and cons for this vote..

Thanks in advance for help.

DRC

Hmmm No body is looking here!!!:confused:

Hey DRC... you definitely got two wierd responses to your query :D Well, your question is really thought provoking. Under normal circumstances I would have said that you should go to the authorized people. As you pointed out yourself there are quite a few advantages of that.

On the other hand, Fiat ASS is definitely something which is pits to put it mildly. Its mainly because of the fact that the dealerships are not properly supported by the company and they are a demotivated lot. Under the circumstances, considering that your vehicle is anyhow out of warranty (or is it?) it may make sense to go to someone who can give you a better service.

This other place you called BOSCH service center, is it really BOSCH? As in when I was reading your post it did not come out very well. If it is authentic BOSCH and they say that they can handle any sort of car problems may be you can try them once. If they do a good job of it you have found the place.

Also, over the next 1 year you may find a sea-change in Fiat service though once Tatas take over the service (that is if they ever do).

hey DRC

if you are not happy with authorised service center then don't give your car there.

but you just can not decide the station without giving your car.

If possible give your car for servicing at BOSCHE, if possible stay there whole time, see the quality of work.
It will be always good to give your car to someone who you know. so try PMing psycho if he does work on FIAT cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC
Hmmm No body is looking here!!!:confused:

Try out Ranjit Auto Care in Koramangala. He's doing work for FIAT and lot of people are happy with him. For double check, pm Anoop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Try out Ranjit Auto Care in Koramangala. He's doing work for FIAT and lot of people are happy with him. For double check, pm Anoop.

Yes, Try Ranjit Auto Care..he is a very good friend of mine and he does multi brand servicing, racing mods etc

I have been going to him for almost 2 years now and I am very happy with his work...

you could pm me and I can give you his cell number and you could fix an appointment with him..

OK! Let me think RAC, but how about the parts?

What is the source.. Can I buy spares directly from fiat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC
OK! Let me think RAC, but how about the parts?

What is the source.. Can I buy spares directly from fiat.

You can buy it yourself, or Ranjit can source it from Fiat..(there will be a waiting period as the spares are not that readily available, even at the fiat workshop)

not much of response!!
4 votes does not really help to interprete anything.

Let me ask you.. Where are the people in this forum owning the fiat getting their cars serviced.. I don n't know yet how many of us share the same car?

DRC,

I would give Bosch a try, as their concept seems very promising. Read more at this linky.

GTO

Does any one know, how a service record is maintained if the car is serviced outside dealership?

If u have good technical knowledge, get work done by an experienced mech under ur supervision. This is what I do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
If u have good technical knowledge, get work done by an experienced mech under ur supervision. This is what I do.

Sounds a good Idea.. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC
Does any one know, how a service record is maintained if the car is serviced outside dealership?

I think, GTO's suggestion is perfect. I am sure they are more reliable than any of the Dealers, I have been to.

Regarding the service record You could just record as given below ( Thats the way I keep my records )

1. Take any old unused Diary. They last a lifetime compared to any note book or register.

2. Record the date of repairs , Kilometers covered

3. Before leaving the vehicle for service, check for all the jobs to be done as mentioned in your service manual for that Kilometer range. Add your specific complaints to it & make 2 copies of these or take 2 enlarged photocopies of the page. Give one copy to the repairer to be attached with the Jobcard. Keep the other with you and reconfirm with the repairer if all these have been attended to, while taking delivery of your car. I go a step further and make a post repair report after 2 days of use of the car post repairs/service. I note my remarks next to each complaint by writing : " OK, Pending, Parts not available, Problem not solved, etc." I them fax a copy of this report to the repairer and wait for him to call me for further action. If your Vehicle is under warranty then it helps you keep an impeccable record, even better than the repairer himself. This could also make a piece of good evidence if you need to take legal action against them in future, if things go wrong.

4. Write down each & every point in your diary after the repairs. This could read like this:
# vehicle serviced as per service schedule. Next service due on..........Km.
# replaced Engine oil, Next replacement due at ----- Kms. (Write Kms with Red pen)
# Replaced rear brake liners. Next change due at ----Kms.
# All 5 wheels rotated . Next rotation due at ------Kms.
# Paid Rs. ------- for total repairs.

5. Your other Jobs done by self could also be recorded, like :
# Vehicle polished with 3M liquid wax, Next polish due on ------- date.
# Fixed internal Antenae from ---- dealer. Paid Rs. -----
# Fixed a flat tyre today. Found 3 patches on the tube. to be changed or replaced tube in the rear left wheel. Paid Rs.----- to so & so dealer.

6. Follow the service manual like your Bible and follow it as strictly as possible. e.g. if it says replace Timing belt at 32,000 Kms, even if your repairer says its fine and can run for another 5,000 Kms, don't take his word but change it immediately. Preventive maintenance goes a long way in keeping your vehicle healthy.

7. On the last pages of your Diary write each and every telephone number, address and any other information related to your car. Don't forget to take this record when you go on long trips to unknown destinations.

By now you must all be thinking that I am crazy. But then, I would do anything to keep my car beautiful and dutiful. Needless to add, my wife feels like a VIP ( very ignored person ) Ha Ha Ha........

Oops Soccer, Thats a very comprehensive list, Thanks

team!
Any more suggestions about option 3 in Bangalore? RAC, then?