Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:52   #16
BHPian

Re: 2011 Touareg Spotted In Pune !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Also, it is little out of tune from the current trend in styling. Cars in the 80s had the grill running from headlamp to headlamp. current trend is to have the grill have it's own boundary/definition. There is always a 'land' (body colored metal part) between lights and the grill.
I partly agree with you. But I think many companies today are starting to think towards a "timeless" and not "trendy" design leading to a very unique brand identity. The grill may not be very trendy but i think it looks good doesn't it? I mean, the idea of a grill running from headlamp to headlamp has been well executed in this case.

As for it being very simple, I think that's not really bad. Being slim and wide it adds weight to other dimensions of the car making it look bigger and butcher. However, the bumber could have been more aggressively designed to make up for the simple grill.
Old 1st September 2011, 05:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

I happened to see a host of cars from the Volkswagen group including the new Touareg testing together in Pune a couple of days back.

Like all the other cars in the group, the new Touareg was also without any camouflage indicating that the launch is not too far off. Up front, the new Touareg gets the now-familiar corporate look of Volkswagen that is seen on all its models starting from the Polo to the Passat. Horizontal slatted grilled with chrome strips flanked on either sides by clear trapezoidal headlights gives the new Touareg a more aggressive face compared to the rounded look of its predecessor. From the profile and rear, the Touareg remains largely unchanged except for the stylish new taillights.

Just like the Vento and Jetta, Volkswagen is likely to cash in on the diesel trend in India by plonking in its TDI technology into the Touareg. Being a Volkswagen, superb build quality and very high levels of fit and finish with a host of comfort and safety features can be expected. All these factors combined with its good macho looks and great off-roading capabilities gives the new Touareg the potential to lead it’s segment with the only dampener being Volkswagen’s lack of premium image compared to its rivals.

We all know what happened to the Phaeton, don't we? Also, the Porsche Cayenne, widely considered by critics to be not as capable as Touareg, comfortably outsells the latter in India due to the brand catchet of Porsche. Lets see if the new Touareg acts as a game-changer for VW in India.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Touareg Spotted. EDIT : Launched at 58.5 Lakhs-vw-touareg-1.jpg  

arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 08:14   #18
BHPian

IMHO the new Touareg looks much better compared to the first gen model.
Yes, it may not be very butch but compared to others in the same segment it can still pass off as an Suv. I mean Q5 looks just like a hatchback.
And to top it off Touareg can still do a decent amount of off roading.

I just wish they also bring in the 4.2 V8 diesel.
Old 1st September 2011, 13:14   #19
BHPian

Nice Scoop. The Toureg will compete with which existing and upcoming vehicles and what will be the price bracket in which the Toureg will be offered? Anyone having concrete information and logical reasoning please comment.
Old 1st September 2011, 13:25   #20
BHPian

Nice scoop arvi. To sum up what it looks like to me, I will borrow my wife's line. "This tourag looks much better than the old one. The other was a monster" or in other words it is too feminine.
Old 1st September 2011, 15:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Patil don't take my word but the other day me and another bhp'ian H@r$h@l were at VW to see the jetta and when we asked about the toureg we were told it will be here by diwali in the 3.0TDI variant and they expect it to be priced @ 55 lac ex-showroom.

I for one really wish VW market this well as its a wonderful product just needs to be pushed out in a better manner.

Regards,
Old 1st September 2011, 19:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
IMHO the new Touareg looks much better compared to the first gen model.
Yes, it may not be very butch but compared to others in the same segment it can still pass off as an Suv. I mean Q5 looks just like a hatchback.
And to top it off Touareg can still do a decent amount of off roading.
I second your observations D4d-maniac. The new Touareg looks pretty good and IMO, the corporate family face of VW suits it to a tee. Regarding the off-roading part, I remember reading somewhere that the Touareg is as capable offroad as it is onroad than most of its competitors and siblings that include the Q7 and Cayenne.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Nice Scoop
Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Nice scoop arvi
Thanks. But sorry for the really bad pic as it was raining cats and dogs and I wasn't able to stop my car as I was traveling with one of my senior colleague.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
when we asked about the toureg we were told it will be here by diwali in the 3.0TDI variant and they expect it to be priced @ 55 lac ex-showroom.

I for one really wish VW market this well as its a wonderful product just needs to be pushed out in a better manner.
Your information has always been spot-on S350L-E240. This will be no different. About your last line, can't agree more. The only thing that is between the Touareg and success is VW's credibility and proper marketing muscle. But, going by VW's recent marketing initiatives for Polo, Vento, Passat and now Jetta, I am sure they are planning something similar or even bigger for the new Touareg as well. Let's wait and watch.
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:01   #23
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Source: yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/ntu17sj

2011 Touareg Spotted. EDIT : Launched at 58.5 Lakhs-tou.jpg
Old 28th October 2011, 12:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Arvi89,

Thanks for your compliments , I try my best to keep the news accurate and updated.

Coming back to topic, looks like I was right about the launch, the teaser ads of the VW TOUaREG have begun along with the promo material for Ra.One.

Regards,
Old 29th May 2012, 23:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

What exactly happened with this car? VW had such big promos during diwali and during Ra.One? Did the failure of Ra.One make them assume the car will go down the same route?

Honestly Make it a SKD/CKD, Price it at about 45 Ex-Showroom, and the car should be able do sell quite well. But on a serious note someone do explain did this car disappear or is it with G-One?

Sorry for the jokes but it's not even funny how a car launch just dis appears.

Regards,
Old 3rd September 2012, 12:09   #26
BHPian

VW website updated with New Touareg Images. Launch should be close

Link:http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...w-touareg.html
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
VW website updated with New Touareg Images. Launch should be close

Link:http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...w-touareg.html
It has been there for some days now. But the brochure page still has the old Touareg.
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:51   #28
BHPian

I was reading in one of the overland trip blogs about a pair who were doing UK to Australia by Touareg and one of the major issues they faced was replacing the battery which is evidently under the passenger seat and needs special tools to open the compartment and replace? Is it the same in this version? Rgds
Old 10th September 2012, 15:36   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sources at Volkswagen’s dealer network have confirmed that the new VW Touareg is anticipated to launch in the coming weeks

The Touareg will follow the CBU route and draw outputs from a 3-liter V6 turbodiesel engine that produces 240bhp/550Nm.

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th September 2012 at 15:38.
Old 12th September 2012, 23:25   #30
BHPian

VW India has now updated the Touareg page on its website. Brochure and colour palette also are featured.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks