Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 23:12   #151
BHPian

Re: June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

I keep asking this question very frequently on these sales threads. Why can't we have the petrol diesel breakup. is it because the data is hard to come by? or is it because people don't think that information is important for the general car buyer.

Can somebody put the petrol diesel breakups for all the cars? atleast the hatchbacks and c segment sedans.
vishnurp99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 10:31   #152

Etios deserves the excellent numbers. Liva will become one of the segment leaders and in a few months from now, will outsell its nearest competitor. Ford Figo is a good car no doubt but many people consider its looks unimpressive. Linea is going through a thrashing because the public thinks that's what it deserves after Fiat continues sleeping its long slumber.
Old 8th July 2011, 13:18   #153
BHPian

Here is BMW and Merc figures reported by rushlane

BMW - 890

X1- 403
3-series - 163
5-series - 246
6-series - 3
7-series - 30
GT - 9
X3 - 2
X5 - 17
X6 - 14
z4 - 3

Merc - 565

C-class - 196
E-Class - 231
ML&GL - 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
Audi sold 408 units in June, 75% increase YoY. No breakup published. 2011 cumulative sales is 2802 till June.
Source:

Waiting for other two Germans
RakishRam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 17:49   #154
BHPian

Probably the better ground clearance in the X1 is moving people from the 3 series to the X1 considering the quality of roads in most of our metros.
Old 9th July 2011, 10:17   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BMW - 890

X1- 403
3-series - 163
5-series - 246
6-series - 3
7-series - 30
GT - 9
X3 - 2
X5 - 17
X6 - 14
z4 - 3

Merc - 565

C-class - 196
E-Class - 231
ML&GL - 80
So minus the x1, BMW sold 487 other cars. The gap between 5 series and E class is almost negligible this month.

Now, my question is why is Mercedes not coming out with individual figures for S class. Apart from the E, C and SUV's it sold 58 cars.
I would assume S class to be 50% or more of those numbers. Or is it that Audi A8 has really humbled the mighty S class and Mercedes is embarrassed to release the figures. But in that case, Audi would have made a huge issue out of that and the news would have been all over the papers. Even Audi hasn't released individual figures for A8. I wonders what the real scene is.
Atleast we know what the 7 series numbers are, and they are pretty much constant.
Old 10th July 2011, 12:29   #156
BHPian

Really curious to know why is Mahindra not revealing the sale figures of Thar?
Old 12th July 2011, 14:23   #157
BHPian

Some details were not clear to me. The figures were for June 'Sales' right? And not 'Deliveries'.

Arjab & later GTO also confirmed this for Aria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
@ GTO
no. its not incorrect news. 4x2 ARIA's have been already been billed to TML dealers in June despatch. My source has billed 5 vehicles. He has a TML dealership. Launch will be in July.
For Tata Aria, these are the bookings. However, for Dzire the low figure was attributed to strike in the plant. The strike affects the production - so the deliveries & not the bookings right? Dzire is touted to have 6 months waiting period. The cars produced in June were most likely delivered to bookings made in Jan - Feb (or at least March - April) isn't it.

So how come the strike in plant affects the booking immediately? Do Maruti Dealers stopped bookings for Dzire in June due to the strike? Or Am I missing something fundamentally basic?
Old 12th July 2011, 16:39   #158
PCS
BHPian

Volvo sales figures

S80 ---3
S60 ---6
XC60 ---11
XC90 --- 9
Old 12th July 2011, 16:52   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggienomad View Post
Some details were not clear to me. The figures were for June 'Sales' right? And not 'Deliveries'.

Arjab & later GTO also confirmed this for Aria.

For Tata Aria, these are the bookings. However, for Dzire the low figure was attributed to strike in the plant. The strike affects the production - so the deliveries & not the bookings right? Dzire is touted to have 6 months waiting period. The cars produced in June were most likely delivered to bookings made in Jan - Feb (or at least March - April) isn't it.

So how come the strike in plant affects the booking immediately? Do Maruti Dealers stopped bookings for Dzire in June due to the strike? Or Am I missing something fundamentally basic?

These numbers are deliveries made to the dealers. These numbers do not reflect the number of bookings made.

So, even in the comment on Aria. It has been clearly mentioned that x number of 4x2 Aria's were billed to the dealer. From this we cannot say that the dealer has been able to sell them or they were billed against prior bookings.

Therefore its quite apparent that due to the strike, there was limited Dzire production and hence fewer deliveries made to dealer, which is what is reflected in the numbers.

Last edited by rrsteer : 12th July 2011 at 16:54.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 16:57   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggienomad View Post

So how come the strike in plant affects the booking immediately? Do Maruti Dealers stopped bookings for Dzire in June due to the strike? Or Am

The figures quoted in this thread and also all other sales figures thread in different websites are only the deliveries not the booking.

Thats why you see that the strike has affected the deliveries. Not sure about the Aria story you quoted. Can you explain that to me?
Old 12th July 2011, 16:58   #161
Senior - BHPian

@ viggienomad

All "sales" data that we get every month are that particular manufacturer's dealer billing for that particular month.

In short - the figures reflect the OEM - to - dealer push for that month only. Hence if an OEM's operation is handicapped by a strike / natural calamity or whatever and vehicles were not produced in sufficient numbers to stuff it down to the dealer this "offtake" or wholesale figure will be low.

In India it is extremely difficult to obtain actual customer registration data, unlike Europe, U.S. where you can obtain actual registration figures which gives the real reflection of vehicle sales to customer.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 17:14   #162
Senior - BHPian

Slowly but surely the wheels of the auto world are shifting the neutral and maybe even reverse. Only natural forces (read crude) can help shift gears again. Some of the other solutions that us mortal can do to perk up heavily rely upon new car launches such as the Swift, Fiesta, Small Hyundai, Beat D

These may add up some critical numbers to reverse the trend. But overall it seems that it will be in the same gear for a very long time.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:17   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
X1- 403
Great going BMW India.

Now lets wait for Audi to launch A3.

BTW-any news when A3 is hitting our shores.?
Old 12th July 2011, 20:32   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
S60 ---6
Oh come on, S60 definitely deserves more numbers :(
Old 12th July 2011, 21:02   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
@ viggienomad

All "sales" data that we get every month are that particular manufacturer's dealer billing for that particular month.

In short - the figures reflect the OEM - to - dealer push for that month only. ...
Thanks Arjab. I earlier thought 'sales' figures show the bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
... Not sure about the Aria story you quoted. Can you explain that to me?
That was one reason for my confusion. Arjab mentioned 'billings' of 4x2 Aria in June, but the vehicles will be launched only in July. So now I understand it's not exactly 'deliveries' but 'billings' by Manufacturer to Dealer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks