Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2011, 16:37   #76

Re: June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Does Hyundai Motors have any plan to introduce 1.1 CRDi i10 in 2011?

In the site Hyundai i10 I checked under specifications that there is 1.1 CRDi available for i10 in international market I suppose.

But is it still available? And what they are waiting to launch in India as petrol prices are on soar.
Attached Thumbnails
June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-i10.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2011, 17:50   #77
BHPian

Is there a reason why Figo is stomping the Beat? and are sales of audi/bmw/mb ever released ?
Old 3rd July 2011, 18:18   #78
Senior - BHPian

I hope what you say comes true. Down south waiting period for the TDI vento is 6 months.

By the way, I read in the vento test drive thread that the constraint is due to the availability of 1.6 TDI engines? Can someone confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

Glad to know you got it.

I am pretty sure VW will pull up its socks if the numbers of ANHV continue to be ahead by such a margin. Let the initial hoopla die down and then a clearer picture will emerge.

Also is VW facing serious production issues? Because last week I was told by the VW showroom in Delhi that the waiting for the TDI is still 3 months. Or may be its fast becoming a fashion amongst car manufactures to keep maintaining a certain amount of waiting time for each product to create an aura.
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:48   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaraf View Post
Does Hyundai Motors have any plan to introduce 1.1 CRDi i10 in 2011?
I dont think it will be introduced in India. The i10 petrol car prices doesn't leave space for the diesel to be brought in for a competitive price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
Is there a reason why Figo is stomping the Beat? and are sales of audi/bmw/mb ever released ?
Couple of reasons I think

1. Figo is a well rounded package, be it comfort, driveablity, price and above all, a Diesel option.

2. I guess the brand / A** also are playing an important role in Ford's advantage.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

Or may be its fast becoming a fashion amongst car manufactures to keep maintaining a certain amount of waiting time for each product to create an aura.
+1
While booking my Etios-the SE kept telling me "4 months for Etios,4 months for Corolla Diesel,2 for Corolla Petrol,2 for Innova 8 seater,4 for 7 seater" I was thoroughly amused and expressed my disbelief right away.Later on the 4 months for Etios became 6 months!! By the time I got fed up,booked my ANHC.On the day I took delivery of the ANHC, I got a call from Toyota,just after about 1.5 months-The Etios is now ready!! When the SE learnt that I had booked the AT version-he became frantic and pleaded to take a look at the upcoming Corolla 7 speed auto.

They for sure, are keeping time in hands to create an aura of false importance.That too,sadly assuming that the customer has no other choice.
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:46   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Chevrolet
Beat : 1614
A very good stylish car, the sale numbers do not justify the car. GM is to blame for their poor marketing and brand awareness. Hope diesel launch would increase the nos.

Quote:
HM-Mitsubishi
Ambassador : 250 (approx)
I heard from one of my friend who is in loan division of a leading Nationalized Bank that for this particular car, bank is reluctant in giving loans as most of the customers are either our so called Public Servant or Taxi drivers and in both the cases, recovering loan is difficult in case of defaulters.

Still ~250 per month for 50+yrs (?) OLD car is commendable considering the management never bothered to keep pace with changing times.

Quote:
Volkswagen
Polo : 2,679
Polo numbers are fluctuating every month, down from 3K+ to 2.6K within few months. Recently noticing Polo & Vento Demo Car doing rounds of City (at least in my Office area), spotted them at around 6.45 - 7pm at least twice a week, giving test drives to potential customers.

Funny though, what competition can do to a car company and bring benefit to customers. One year ago, these same guys never considered a request for a test drive of even 3 kms for Polo !
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:47   #82
BHPian

Alto, Wagon R - My My, Maruti still rules it.

[quote=AvonA7;2415687]A very good stylish car, the sale numbers do not justify the car. GM is to blame for their poor marketing and brand awareness. Hope diesel launch would increase the nos.

True, Chevy Beat a real modern hatch out there. Heard this is one of the few cars that came with minimal modifications from Concept to reality.

Beat with a thin tyre+normal rim looks yuck. Why don't such modern looking cars come with stylish alloys standard and with few external improvements which would pull in many more younger buyers (Yes, it involves some extra penny but when that could push the plot in the sales chart, why not?).

Linea - Is it another sienna/petra story :(

Amby - nothing can be done until the management wakes up.
Old 4th July 2011, 01:55   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

bhpians, need you help !

I was doing some experiment with the data that GTO posts every month because I wanted some comparison formats. One of the formats I wanted was exactly the same "smart cat" started doing - a MOM comparison for the same models.

Along with that I wanted a comparo sheet for cars in the same segment and was working on creating it. Here I have completed some 70% of the work and would need your help in fine tuning the data.

1. I have classified most of the vehicles into the different categories / segments based on price [mainly]. Please let me know if there is any correction required in the below chart.

2. To give a feel of what I wanted, I am pasting a screen-shot of B segments hatchbacks comparo [Rest of the segments will follow soon].

3. The names I have used for each segment is my own, please suggest a better segment / category name if you have.

4. If you are looking for any particular segment comparo sheet, please let me know and I will try to upload that too [in case not already done]

Please note that this is a rough draft and I am looking for suggestions / corrections. If you feel that I have missed out some cars, please let me know the car names along with the segment where it needs to be added.

5. To categorize these cars, I have primarily looked at the starting prices of cars [All cars which falls around 4L has been grouped together and like wise].

Categories I have created:

June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-classification.jpg

Hatch back [B segment] comparo from Jan 2011 - Jun 2011:

June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-hb_jun_2011.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th July 2011 at 02:02.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 09:56   #84
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb analysis GTO, missed it last month. The market seems to be totally shaking up with the petrol price hike and the slew of mid c segment cars being launched with diesel engines.

Honda does need to reposition (reprice) its civic, jazz and CRV ASAP to get moving.

These are crutial months and how the vendors market their cars now in this lean period will make or break them before the year end.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:02   #85
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Back to Back post for seperate topic:

Furious Swift that is nice categortization and representation

Somehow feel that Nano, Alto and Spark should be clubbed together seperately in a new B- category.

Would help look at the B segment more objectively then.

Will also await the charts for the other categories. Would aid readability if they are all posted at one go together.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:18   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

1. I have classified most of the vehicles into the different categories / segments based on price [mainly]. Please let me know if there is any correction required in the below chart.
It's a toughie. Most cars have 5 to 6 variants that straddle different segments. Hyundai is using carpet bombing strategy with the new Verna (8 to 13 lacs, on-road Bangalore). Punto range starts from 5 lacs to 8.5 lacs. If somebody has just paid Rs. 8.5 Lacs for Punto 90HP, and you call it a B+ segment car by comparing it with an i10, he is going to be very cross with you!

The general convention to classify cars is to consider both the length (size) of the car and the price.

- Corolla class cars are always around 4.55 metres long
- Accord class cars are always around 4.8 metres.
- Premium hatchbacks (called "Supermini" by Europe) generally are between 3.8 to 4 metres.
- Honda city, Verna, Fiesta, Vento, Linea are all between 4.3 and 4.5 metres.

You have to bring price into the equation too - because BMW 3 series is 4.55 metres long and it does not compete with Corolla by any stretch of imagination.

I'm attaching India car sales (year to date) Excel sheet -
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx sales.xlsx (23.7 KB, 767 views)

Last edited by SmartCat : 4th July 2011 at 10:25. Reason: Added XL sheet
SmartCat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 10:28   #87
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
@ GTO
no. its not incorrect news. 4x2 ARIA's have been already been billed to TML dealers in June despatch. My source has billed 5 vehicles. He has a TML dealership. Launch will be in July.
Many thanks for the info. Adding it to the opening post with due credit, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Year to date sales numbers
Many thanks for the images. Adding them to the opening post with due credit, of course.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:49   #88
Senior - BHPian

Overall the market is coming down owing to fuel price hike and higher interest rates. It would be really difficult for most companies to sustain their growth unless they have a new model.
Old 4th July 2011, 13:23   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
Couple of factors. The Figo has more of a neutral look compared to the radical beat. The beat may not appeal to some people. The Figo is a bigger car and has a bigger boot than the Beat. A.S.S wise at least my perception is that both are comparable. And the main advantage in my opinion is the diesel factor. I would be willing to bet 70-80% of the Figo sales would be the diesel varian. IMO this is also due to the fact that the Petrol motor is a real dud. Among the lowest on power and lowest in mileage. There is still a big market for Petrol hatchbacks as can be seen from the sales of the WagonR and i10. If Ford introduced a modern 1.2l petrol motor with more punch and better mileage it would definitely increase sales of the petrol
Old 4th July 2011, 13:58   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
Are you sure about this? I dont remember reading about this anywhere and i just checked the website and there's no info there either
Yes just checked with the Tata dealer in Noida. They have got the TD vehicles for pleasure 4x2. Aria would be available in 4x2 for all the variants and is expected to be 1-1.5 lakhs cheaper on road than corresponding 4x4 variant. Nice move by Tata.. Innova would now have a real competitor in 4x2 Aria :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks