Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
That's because TML has rejigged the Aria product line and has introduced a
4x2 Aria starting from Rs10-11lakhs. Hence greater dealer offtakes reflect the improved ARIA figures.
Are you sure about the 4x2 Aria launch? I haven't come across any news article about the same.
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:30   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's because TML has rejigged the Aria product line and has introduced a 4x2 Aria starting from Rs10-11lakhs. Hence greater dealer offtakes reflect the improved ARIA figures.
This seems to be incorrect information, Arjab. Tata has NOT yet introduced a 4x2 Aria.

Or, are you suggesting that these despatches include the 4x2 variant, and that it's to be launched in July?
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Corolla : 629
Still sells in good numbers compared to the Civic.

A car like the Elantra is sorely missed to fill in the gap between the Verna and Sonata.

Chevrolet beating is taking a huge beating. Numbers are going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This seems to be incorrect information, Arjab. Tata has NOT yet introduced a 4x2 Aria.

Or, are you suggesting that these despatches include the 4x2 variant, and that it's to be launched in July?
Its "should" come out soon GTO.
Another reason for the low Aria sales in the previous months could be because of this
Quote:
Tata sold just 100-odd units in March and this was due to the shortage of infotainment system which Tata imports from the Chinese market.
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@ GTO
no. its not incorrect news. 4x2 ARIA's have been already been billed to TML dealers in June despatch. My source has billed 5 vehicles. He has a TML dealership. Launch will be in July.
arjab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:05   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
- Headlines scream that Maruti's June 2011 sales are the lowest in 2 years. You can gauge the effect of the strike on the Dzire itself! However, even those cars unaffected by the strike have performed lower M-O-M (Omni, Estilo, Eeco, A-Star and even the Alto, though by far the best selling car in India).

Kizashi is officially a market failure. Well, it was priced to be from day 1.
The reason why the Petrol models are not much affected due to strike is that they are manufactured at the other plant, AFAIK the Manesar plant mostly takes care of Diesel production.

Kizashi's over optimistic pricing is the reason for it's failure. It's positioned a segment too high, it should be competing with Corolla, Cruze and Laura.

Quote:
- The C segment is like the Formula 1 world championship of 2010; new race winners ever so often.
Just like the premium Hatchback segment some time earlier.

Quote:
- It's amazing what a price cut and the resultant VFM can do to your product offering. The Honda City is back in the business, and overtakes the Vento again. Question is : Can it sustain this performance? With only a petrol engine? Honda should now realise that the Jazz, Civic & Accord also need price corrections, if their dismal market performance is anything to go by. Swallow the bitter pill, Honda, and move on.
Except the City all other Honda cars have shown poor sales performance. Some years ago no one could imagine a Chevrolet car to be the segment leader, in the presence of Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic. Even the premium priced Laura is doing better.

Quote:
The market seems to have some renewed interest in the Aria.
I am suprised to see the Aria's sales jump. I never expected it to improved unless it was re-positioned.

Quote:
- While the Vento & Polo are doing respectably well, the former simply isn't maximising the market potential. The Polo's 2.6K in the volumes-laden hatchback segment is nothing to write home about either. Clearly, Volkswagen needs to do more on the marketing & distribution front.
I feel the Polo with a better Diesel engine should set the sales charts on Fire. Another thing that might be spoiling the VW sales is the Arrogant behavior of the sales staff(reported across the country) and limited sales and service outlets.

-
Quote:
... and the Superb comfortably demolishing all of its competitors.
Superb is not much affected by new Passat's arrival. I hope the 170hp diesel and some more features on the lines of Passat are in the pipeline.

Quote:
I find the Yeti's market performance very peculiar; it's amongst the best urban SUVs on sale in India, extremely well-engineered, versatile, packed to the gill with high quality parts and is easy to drive. Still, the Indian buyer doesn't seem to have taken to its small dimensions (for the price) & presence (we all need our SUVs to be brash & imposing, perhaps??).
For SUV buyers in our country Size and Presence is more important than dynamics and performance. For the lesser informed perceive the Yeti to be a Hatchback with some steeroids injected.

Quote:
- The Spark & Cruze continue to be Chevy's star performers. Strange for the Beat to be unable to sustain the 3,000 levels. It's a well-priced modern hatchback. The Beat diesel will surely regenerate market interest. Just hope that the 3 cylinder diesel is acceptably refined. Meanwhile the quick Cruze, and by a huge margin, is the No.1 C+ segment sedan in India.
Cruze's VFM pricing and the powerful diesel seems to be working great for Chevrolet. Beat deserves better figures, i hope pricing correction/offers is on the way considering chevy's pricing policies in the past.
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:05   #21
BHPian

Thanks GTO.

Searched for this thread more than 100 times since yesterday. And 5 stars all the way, both as usual.

My observations:

Suzuki - Clearly the strike effect.
Verna - Flying start
Etios - Great guns
Nano - Deserves better figures
Indica - Seems to be improving
Linea - Shock

Some other points grabbed my attention:

Beat beaten up by Spark.
No hope for Indigo
Fiesta Classic deserves more than this level
Micra helps the Japanese number 2

Overall, Hyundai has got reasons to rejoice. Ford.. Bring on that Fiesta and Toyota, Bring on Liva Diesel even faster to end the ignorance of Maruti for the new Swift.
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:20   #22
BHPian

Thanks GTO for this eagerly awaited thread. You are better late than never.

How about a break up on the sale numbers of the cars in terms of their liking for the pricey petrol or fuel efficient diesel?
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:20   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
4x2 Aria starting from Rs10-11lakhs. Hence greater dealer offtakes reflect the improved ARIA figures.
If the 4X2 version is out at the above said price, then it deserves more than that. I won't be surprised if then the Aria is neck to neck with the Innova for private car buyers.
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:24   #24
BHPian

great to see the Etios doing decent numbers
however the sales for Etios is higher in the south compared to rest of India
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:25   #25
BHPian

Way to go: Etios and Verna.
I doubt whether Honda could sustain City's sales for another month as Fiesta might be out soon.

Fiesta Classic numbers are disappointing. Maybe the crowd out there is waiting for the new one.

As others said Verito is doing great and it deserves even more.

What's intriguing me? Civic, Manza and Beat.
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:40   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's because TML has rejigged the Aria product line and has introduced a
Quote:
@ GTO
no. its not incorrect news. 4x2 ARIA's have been already been billed to TML dealers in June despatch. My source has billed 5 vehicles. He has a TML dealership. Launch will be in July.
Do you have any more info on this? Like what are the variants for 4x2 and what is the price range?

Sure this is a scoop and hats off to you to bring in the news!

Also would like to know whats the ARAI figures for 4x4 Aria and 4x2 Aria.
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

GTO great work with the stats thanks for that.

I am not having a good feeling with the Figo settling down at 5-6K per month. It surely is a vehicle which deservers a 9-10K sales figures.
Shame on Ford for having lost focus on Figo in thier push for Fiesta. Ford has traditionally been this way. Ikon lost its plot when Fiesta was introduced, Fiesta classic lost it when Figo was introduced.

Looks like Ford's marketing machine is only a single horse chariot, too bad they are not able to build two brands in parallel.

But I did hear some unconfirmed sources that Ford is not able to get its suppliers to gear up to the Figo D Engine demands. Can someone confirm this @Mustang are you alive.

Last edited by xingamazon : 2nd July 2011 at 15:13.
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:11   #28
BHPian

- Hmm.. City is back at 2XXX units, that good for them, what honda has to do next cut the Civic Prices by 75K and accord by 1.5 L

- Lets see how long the honeymoon lasts for the Verna.., one good thing is they have covered a lot of pricing territory with the engine options.

- Good to see Aria at improved levels, this car deserves better IMO

- I seem to be seeing lots of Yetis here in bengaluru.., maybe it sells only in yuppie land; I think this is a segment with lot of potential and hope to some more Xovers from other dealers

- C'mon Ford time to announce the pricing for the New Fiesta before you lose more customers to Verna and City.
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:33   #29
BHPian

HM Ambassador numbers are real surprise.
Etios numbers are impressive.
Jazz price revision is expected and that may do wonders to those monthly numbers.
Looks Like ANHC seems to have recovered for this month. Lets see how long it sustains.
Fluidic Verna and New Ford Fiesta will continue to mess up the volatile Diesel C segment at the cost of Vento and then eating into eachother till the time they settle. Rough times for Vento ahead.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 2nd July 2011 at 15:39.
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:38   #30
Team-BHP Support

Year to date sales numbers -

June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-total1.jpg

Name:  total2.jpg
Views: 4429
Size:  203.1 KB

Top 20 Cars By Volumes -

June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-top20.jpg

It's quite obvious that India monthly sales numbers are falling.

June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-salesgraph.jpg

But there are a few models that are bucking the trend.

June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-uptrend.jpg

Out of the 1.3 million cars sold so far, 63% of them were small cars. It is to be seen if rising fuel prices pushes up the number further.

June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures-modelshare.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (29) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks