Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 14:00   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: June 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Impressive numbers for Renault - Fluence. Good give Renault the confidence and good platform and confidence to launch the for the upcoming launches!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 15:08   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
- From the data posted by swiftnfurious the Aria's performance doesn't seem too bad. It has outsold all competition bar Fortuner in April and June. Aria had two really bad months in between, but some production issues were cited. Yes, there might be a cheaper version now available, but I guess it still costs upward of 13L OTR - not exactly cheap.

Corolla Altis is interesting. It was an undisputed leader when it had only a petrol version. The launch of the diesel was supposed to consolidate that position. But, since the launch of the diesel, it has gone from 1st to 3rd in its segment.
At the first instance,Why do we need to compare Aria with Fortuner.? Both of them are in a different segment and the targeted audience is also very much different.

I also thought the much hyped diesel mill was supposed to strengthen Corolla's base, but on the contrary the sales have drastically reduced.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 6th July 2011 at 15:11.
Old 6th July 2011, 15:25   #123
BHPian

Wong to say Etios sales strengthened as they must be only completing the pre-launch bookings as of now. Once they r over will be the real test.

Why dont they publish numbers for Indica and Indica-Vista separately ?

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th July 2011 at 16:36. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 6th July 2011, 15:43   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
Why dont they publish numbers for Indica and Indica-Vista separately ?
Why would they want to establish the fact that the vista is underperforming
Old 6th July 2011, 16:04   #125
BHPian

Launching Diesel will not double up ANHC sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
With ONLY petrol sales if ANHC sells more than a Vento or even sells 10% lower, i think its a huge win! I cannot even imagine what would the scene look like if they really come up with a diesel that is all things apart- like to like even an equal performer! That would simply wipe the rest off save for Verna and maybe Fiesta.
That logic does not work in buyers mind. If ANHC diesel is launched, many of the ANHC petrol buyers will be converted into ANHC diesel. And a few diesel fans will also jump in. The number will go up at most by 20%. That is all. Look at other cars which were launched in petrol only model and followed by diesel. None would have doubled. i20, corolla altis are clear examples. You can expect the same thing for Etios and ANHC too if they follow with diesel engines.

You may not know that most car buyers decide on the car model and next thing they do is fuel type depending on the break-even-price calculation. Very few people decide on the fuel type first.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:40   #126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Launching Diesel will not double up ANHC sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Very few people decide on the fuel type first.
OT,But relevant.

I beg to disagree with you on this.

Its actually the other way around.With growing distances,traffic conditions and the steep increase in fuel prices,many prospective buyers would first decide the fuel type first and then the rest follows.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:55   #127
BHPian

Re: Launching Diesel will not double up ANHC sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
OT,But relevant.

I beg to disagree with you on this.

Its actually the other way around.With growing distances,traffic conditions and the steep increase in fuel prices,many prospective buyers would first decide the fuel type first and then the rest follows.
You are contradicting by saying "increase in fuel price" influencing "decision". There are two categories of buyers:
  1. For petrol-heads or diesel-die-hards. fuel type is fixed, whatever the price is.
  2. Fuel-price-conscious people, who do the maths. And that maths is usually done after deciding on the car. For instance, they wouldn't do the maths like how much a Indica DLS would save compared to ANHC petrol.
I agree with you to some extent that majority of the people are "fuel-price-conscious" and current fuel rates could influence them now more than ever. So, a few ANHC buyers or even a few petrol-heads, for instance, could turn to a diesel somewhere else. But that number is very very small.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:28   #128
BHPian

Re: Comparison Chart contd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

And finally my favourite !

12. Luxury Cross overs / SUVs [15L - 30L]:
Surely, my favourite as well!

Great charts! Looks like you did spent some time and effort! Thanks a ton!

Wondering why one of the best selling car worldwide like Santa Fe (I read somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong) not clocking much in India? Because of the TFort right up against it? Also, I dont see Santa Fe discussed at all! Yes, pricing is a concern with TFort right in that range, but there has to be other reasons as well...
samm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 17:38   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Great charts! Looks like you did spent some time and effort!

Wondering why one of the best selling car worldwide like Santa Fe (I read somewhere.
Thanx man ! I guess Santa Fe is a good car when you look at those specs. Probably the damage is due to the brand image they have. Hyundai has really not been able to crack the 15L + bracket though they had some amazing machines there.

I also read that Santa Fe as car / platform is pretty old. And the major problem with Hyundai is all those awesome power / torque on in-competent chassis and Santa Fe is also known to have bad handling. "How bad" - I don't know !

Quote:
Yes, there might be a cheaper version now available, but I guess it still costs upward of 13L OTR - not exactly cheap.
I guess the cheaper versions will start from 11.75L ex showroom onwards. Yeah should be 13L or so OTR.

Quote:
Fluence at 290 for June has probably outdone Kizashi's total sales since its launch!
Bang on! Total Kizashi sales = 245. Fluence = 290. But can you really compare these two cars ? The price difference is 2L odd on petrol while the Fluence D is cheaper by around 3.5L approximate. I would have loved to see the petrol / diesel break up. I guess this is the only car where the diesel version is priced cheaper than petrol.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th July 2011 at 17:59.
Old 6th July 2011, 18:23   #130
BHPian

Quote:
-

- Corolla Altis is interesting. It was an undisputed leader when it had only a petrol version. The launch of the diesel was supposed to consolidate that position. But, since the launch of the diesel, it has gone from 1st to 3rd in its segment.
I feel Corolla Altis Diesel has only the reliability card going for it. Nobody wants to drive a hugely under powered car(1.3L) after spending more than 12 lacs OTR when the competition is powered by 2.0 L (both Cruze and Laura)
Old 6th July 2011, 18:41   #131
BHPian

Competition is a wonderful thing.

Honda is a Honda and there are no two ways about it but when spending 8-10 lacs one is surely bound to compare all the features of the competition and the new Verna will win hands down with many segment firsts and the multiple engine options and variants.

Just seeing the number of new Verna's flying on the road is an indication of that in spite of the current waiting period!

Also Honda's and VW are expensive to maintain. This factor might also be playing in the customers mind.
Old 6th July 2011, 19:18   #132
BHPian

Audi sold 408 units in June, 75% increase YoY. No breakup published. 2011 cumulative sales is 2802 till June.
Source:

Waiting for other two Germans
Old 6th July 2011, 19:52   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Wondering why one of the best selling car worldwide like Santa Fe (I read somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong) not clocking much in India? Because of the TFort right up against it? Also, I dont see Santa Fe discussed at all! Yes, pricing is a concern with TFort right in that range, but there has to be other reasons as well...
For the simple reason that you can't buy one. All these deliveries are for the 600 or so odd bookings that got exhausted within 2-3 weeks after its launch and no one has a clear idea when bookings would open again. There is news that Hyundai may relaunch it as a CKD model and some price reduction on the board. I for one want this car but have not been able to even book for past several months. Why launch a car when there is no supply
Old 6th July 2011, 19:58   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
I feel Corolla Altis Diesel has only the reliability card going for it. Nobody wants to drive a hugely under powered car(1.3L) after spending more than 12 lacs OTR when the competition is powered by 2.0 L (both Cruze and Laura)
The diesel engine is 1.4L not 1.3L if I may correct you.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:30   #135
PCS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post

Dude the Corolla Diesel 1.4 D-4D engine is not that bad or underpowered to talk about

My relatives also felt the same before buying, but today he feels that he has made the best decision in buying this

He travels frequently Bangalore - Cochin and cruises at 140 easily and still achieves a mileage of 19.1 kmpl

He says the car is awesome to drive.

Infact i have heard dealers appreciating the 1.4 D-4D engine of late now.

Once again TOYOTA can never go wrong with such an engine. they def think twice before launching the same.

even i have driven his car and it just feels adequate.

Do you think you really need 150 PS ?

Once again please dont forget that " TOYOTA MAKES CARS WHICH ARE PRACTICAL AND THIS IS WHAT REQUIRED FOR INDIA"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks