Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 00:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Good looking REVA..? Here we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
C'mon fellas!

Agree they aren't the head-turners but they're the ones keeping the air clean.

Without getting into a debate about that, how about we appreciate the owners who decide the buy these cars - not because they can't afford better but decide to do something about the environment. While we go about merrily burning petrol and diesel in our fancy cars, they drive these "ugly" things which serve the purpose and don't harm much either.

Just my thought - let's keep this thread to the "good" part of Reva.

Its not that the Reva is going to absorb the CO and CO2 from the atmosphere now is it?

One must not forget that a major part of our power generation is by thermal power plants that consume coal and diesel.
So what do you think the Reva is indirectly consuming to get its power?

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2011 at 16:01. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 5th July 2011, 12:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
Its not that the Reva is going to absorb the CO and CO2 from the atmosphere now is it?

One must not forget that a major part of our power generation is by thermal power plants that consume coal and diesel.
So what do you think the Reva is indirectly consuming to get its power?
But we don't seem to think twice when adding an electrical appliance to the kitchen which will run on the same power u r talking about. With that thought, do you ever switch off the refridgerator? Or stop using the microwave oven? Its just that these cars will stop burning petrol/diesel on the roads and don't let out smoke on other people's faces. Makes breathing a lot easier. Perhaps, as usage increases, we can have solar charging devices which will make this even more environment-friendly.

Prajwal
Old 5th July 2011, 12:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^Why would you want to do that? Because it looks ugly? Then, you need to add a long list of vehicles, before getting to the Reva.
Agreed, the looks are not the best in class, but then its at least a greener option to the other ugly vehicles on road.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 16:03   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Please stick to the topic, i.e. the modified Reva in the opening post of this thread. We have many other threads to discuss the environmental impact (or lack of) of electric vehicles.
Old 5th July 2011, 16:30   #20
BANNED

More power (quite l[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]iterally[/FONT][/COLOR]) to the guys/gals who buy the Reva. They have the guts to move over to something thats not convential.

[COLOR=black]This one looks better than stock which is a little too boxy, wish more and more Reva owners personalize their ride and show off their creativity & individuality.[/COLOR]
Old 5th July 2011, 16:33   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

reminds me of my matchbox dinkys!
If i push it back, it will wind up?

Anyway, does this have any creature comforts now?
Wouldve looked better rear hump slightly subdued, no?
but i suppose thats not possibel cos thats where the head of the driver would be.
Old 5th July 2011, 16:37   #22
BHPian

Unlike the regular Revas the Zephyr model here has a curved windscreen in place of the flat windscreens seen on the regular models. Remembering seeing this model on their website 3-4 years ago. It was listed as a regular model IIRC.
Old 5th July 2011, 16:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps this design looks a bit odd with this colour, but could be brought out well with brighter ones from the palette.

IMHO this seems to be a new version/ offering from Reva and could be a good bet to be used as a city car. I dont see how it would be stable enough for highway runs, but I really hope they prove me wrong and compete well with the Nano.

Is it a version of what they proposed to launch as the NXG/ NXR model?
Old 5th July 2011, 16:47   #24
dot
Senior - BHPian

Initially I didnt understand why do many of you thought that the roof looks like an Amby. Later I realized that it may be due to a tiny hint of resemblance around the rear windscreen and the C pillars.

Anyways, the mod looks really good. So finally, is this is an OEM concept or a custom job?
Old 5th July 2011, 17:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

@Dot, going by the looks, it seems to be a custom job. However the Temp rego. indicates to be an OEM concept. AFAIK, mod jobs wont get temp rego's. Right?

Agree with Selfdrive here. Another color on the car, and maybe the mod job would like nice.
Old 5th July 2011, 19:26   #26
BHPian

Awesome.. Awesome.. All of a sudden the Reva seems more pleasing with this design. The next gen Revas (soon to be launched) looks better than the current ones and Im surely planning to own one for my office commute when the next gen revas are out.
Old 6th August 2011, 09:47   #27

My friend and I were commuting from Electronic City Bangalore to our respective homes, and spotted a small, tiny, cute little piece of machine ahead of us. We slowed down to take a look. It was the Mahindra Reva on a road test. This is the second time I have spotted this car, the first time was about 2 months ago, but it was way too fast and zipped away through traffic (beat my VTEC, ) without allowing me to get pictures.

This time, however, my Vtec caught up with it. Look at the snaps attached - forgive the quality - were taken from my iPhone, on shaky roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Good looking REVA..? Here we go!-img_0340.jpg  

Good looking REVA..? Here we go!-img_0341.jpg  

Good looking REVA..? Here we go!-img_0342.jpg  

VTEC_Love is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 02:03   #28
BHPian

Finally some good news. Looking forward to this new reva from long time.
Thanks for the pictures. Nice work
Old 7th August 2011, 07:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

Now, that looks all set for launch with even the badges in place. Mahindra has did the smart thing of acquiring REVA thus bringing electric vehicles into their portfolio. I think, this second-gen REVA not only looks good compared to the older model but will also become a much bigger success in India, thanks to Mahindra's reach and popularity. The only thing is that Mahindra should price this sensibly. Now, where are the charging stations?
Old 7th August 2011, 09:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmarine View Post
Finally some good news. Looking forward to this new reva from long time.
Thanks for the pictures. Nice work
I have been seeing this model being tested ( I beleive) for nearly 3 years now. I see it almost every time i move towards TVS from Attibele. Not sure when it is being releaesed. Any chance it has been released out of India?

Most Viewed