Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift Caught Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Autocar India says TATA may be considering a race-ready version of the Indica Vista with the FIAT 1.4 TJet engine!

Hopefully, this news is true and it is a road car which is race-ready with a few mods.

EDIT: 90bhp diesel for Vista? Should be a nice gentleman's express-hatch-on-a-budget!
1.4 TJet on the Vista would be great! But wouldn't TaMo want to put it on the Manza and Fiat on the Punto first?
Or may be it could be for the Vista used in the rallies.
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:41   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Is the car out in the showroom? Any changes to the engine?

Not yet. expect to see it in showrooms over the next couple weeks i guess.
Old 4th August 2011, 08:59   #63
BHPian

Went to the showroom to check out aura abs for my friend and was told about the new vista's (called refresh 2) booking being opened soon. The dealership is unaware of what's in store for the new version but has promised to confirm by Monday (8th August). They also indicated a potential price hike.

My friend has a budget of Rs. 6 Lakhs on road and wondering whether we should wait for its launch so that we could get Aura ABS with a better discount.
Old 4th August 2011, 13:45   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

"Now Tata Motors are planning to launch a facelifted and a bit more feature packed version of the Indica Vista. The launch is expected to come on the 15th of August.
In its newest iteration, the Vista will get a new radiator grille, resembling that of the Indigo Manza. At the rear, the car now has a new black plate under the rear windscreen housing the Tata emblem. The tail lamp units are also slightly modified.
Expect the prices to remain unchanged as well."
Tata to launch Indica Vista facelift on 15th August
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-2011tataindicavistasafire90staticfrontthreequarter11.jpg  

Old 5th August 2011, 11:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

The new Vista test vehicle was driven alongside me for a good 3-4 Kms yesterday. Being a Vista owner since last 2 years, I did not find anything exciting in the facelifted version. Some black molding on the rear windshield and chrome grill copied and pasted from Manza. Is that called a facelift? Tata needs to learn from Honda how to introduce a new version which is always much better from the previous one, like the OHC, NHC & ANHC. Bad bad bad.

BTW, the test vehicle had VX written on the rear hatch door, where it is either SAFIRE or QUADRAJET written in the current version. As someone mentioned already, I too feel Tata is launching a completely stripped down version just for the Taxi market. I would call it a 'face-down' than a 'face-lift'.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 5th August 2011 at 11:27.
Old 5th August 2011, 14:00   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Tata needs to learn from Honda how to introduce a new version which is always much better from the previous one, like the OHC, NHC & ANHC.
What you mentioned here are not face-lifts ! They are all "new" generations. So if Indica generations are to be picked, it will be the old indica Vs the new Indica Vista. Now you will know which one is better right?

Also it will be highly desirable if the face-lifts come with some added features than just cosmetic changes. The ones similar to limited editions of Ford or like the "new" variants that Honda launch during festive seasons.
Old 6th August 2011, 18:46   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In its newest iteration, the Vista will get a new radiator grille, resembling that of the Indigo Manza. At the rear, the car now has a new black plate under the rear windscreen housing the Tata emblem. The tail lamp units are also slightly modified.
Add to that Steering Mounted Controls, and lower noise levels inside the cabin. On the price, will have to wait and see. the dealer had mentioned that the price will be up by around 15-17K. Hope my car will be delivered by Aug 15-20th!
Old 7th August 2011, 09:40   #68
Senior - BHPian

Vista Sport looks good, and is entirely possible to launch it atleast in a 90 HP MJ variant and not keep it just as a concept.

I would like Tata to do away with the side plastic claddings on regular Vista.
Old 8th August 2011, 23:06   #69
BHPian

Pricing of the Refresh 2 is out! marginal increase from the previous generation (differs from variant to variant, Aura ABS's new version is called VX, and sells at around 10K more). Hoping for delivery before end of the month!
Old 9th August 2011, 09:39   #70
BHPian

Got the price from VST for Vista refresh 2. Vx model, the equivalent of Aura ABS costs Rs. 6,33,000 on road in Chennai including the extended warranty.

The discount they are offering are
1) Rs. 10000 cash discount from dealer
2) Mats
3) Garware sun films
4) Corporate discount.

The outgoing model is cheaper by Rs. 12k.

They did not have a brochure in hand but per the emailed received from TML, the indicated changes are
1)Manza grill
2) Steering mounted audio controls
3) Burgundy and beige dashboard like Manza Elan
4) Plus two more colors (red and blue) which were only available with Vista90 earlier are available on the diesel mill as well. There is also going to be a new golden shade.

The demo cars have not come in yet. The team leader was complaining that TML has very little color options on their cars due to which they loose many customers.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:45   #71
Senior - BHPian

Sridhar, does the refresh still have the centrally monted speedo?
Old 9th August 2011, 12:11   #72
Senior - BHPian

Lack of colour options is not the only thing killing TATA. I wish if they would rather improve the under hood package than the mere cosmetic changes. The TATA quality is horrid. When I recently went for injector replacements on my Marina Dicor The true picture dawned on me. There I was cribbing on injector failure @50K kms while I met 2 gentlemen who were already on their 2nd set well this side of 50K Km mark. You name the problem that might be in an engine and chances are that the TATA cars would be in the 60% bracket of having been through them already. Poor after sales, cheap equipment, poor manufacturing, lots of defects are in my view what are driving the customers away, repeat ones especially.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:35   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Lack of colour options is not the only thing killing TATA. I wish if they would rather improve the under hood package than the mere cosmetic changes. The TATA quality is horrid. When I recently went for injector replacements on my Marina Dicor The true picture dawned on me. There I was cribbing on injector failure @50K kms while I met 2 gentlemen who were already on their 2nd set well this side of 50K Km mark. You name the problem that might be in an engine and chances are that the TATA cars would be in the 60% bracket of having been through them already. Poor after sales, cheap equipment, poor manufacturing, lots of defects are in my view what are driving the customers away, repeat ones especially.
My dear friend it is very evident from your post that you do not own the Indica Vista. Let me shed a bit more light on your statements:
Under the hood --> Vista comes with the Fiat mill under its hood. I have barely seen any car come with any kind of engine failures. I have been driving one close to 3 years now and the engine & gear box are super smooth. Not one complaint in this department.
Since we talking about the Vista here, I felt this clarification needs to be made.
Tata's DICOR engine unfortunately has been plagued by a lot of issues, I completely agree that those engines were not trouble free due to the Delphi injector system. This is a damage that Tata's has done & which is something that is simply refusing to leave the mind's of its potential owners.
However with the new set of Fiat engine this has been taken care of & believe me in the last 3 years I have seen great improvements in both the Vista & the Manza.
Mind you being one of the 1st Vista owner I have also faced couple of issues which were taken care off immediately & with any questions or murmur. As far as their after sales is concerned that has also improved tremendously.

Would I buy a Tata vehicle again -- ABSOLUTELY YES!!!
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 14:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

2 years back I was also the same enthusiast regarding TATA. And yes my dear Watson I do not own the Indica Vista and will probably never own another TATA. Period. Fiat Mill or no mill.
Old 9th August 2011, 21:32   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Sridhar, does the refresh still have the centrally monted speedo?
I think so as the sales guy did not talk about any changes to it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks