Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 21:26   #1
BHPian

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L

Note from Mod : The Vista Refresh Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the new thread. Thanks

Caught recently is the Tata Indica Vista 2011 face-lift in an undisguised avatar near Tata Motors parent plant, Pune.
2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-5f8bb27dc1ede87de8900b9ed3f56225_555x416_1.jpg
Changes seen in the Spy pictures feature the following changes;
-Indigo based Front Twin-barrel Headlamps.
-Indigo Manza based Front Bumper, Chrome lined grille & Chrome accented Fog lamp recess.

2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift caught testing *Update* Now launched @ 3.88L-759015fe7202aa25f4c5e72e7ca64386_555x416_1.jpg
-Also featured is the Black moulding that sits below the rear windshield, which is supposed to add some sportiness to the basic looking Rear.
-Also featured is the Chunky yellow colour on the test mule to lure some Younger Generation.
-But Sadly Central mounted Instument cluster still Persists, against previously expected Manza's Driver facing Instrument Cluster.

Source: Scoop 2011 Tata Indica Vista facelift caught testing | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2011 at 18:02. Reason: Adding link to our review
CRtorquefan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 21:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Tata Indica Vista face-lift Caught Testing

Thanks for the news...somehow the vehicle now looks more hideous with that chromification and the verito-ed rear. For god's sake, the yellow car should have a black mesh grille, not the manza-ed chrome. In the second pic, I can see some edition of manza with a lip spoiler on the boot. Another new manza on the cards?
sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 21:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

I am guessing it should be the Vista version of the Indicab.
Meant purely for the Taxi customers. Somehow that seems to be due.
Old 4th July 2011, 21:55   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

While the double barrel Headlamps look nice, the chrome grill from Manza does not look any good. Now if a Indica TCIC(used mostly for cabs) comes with the same front styling as a top end Manza QJD, the Manza's already poor image is surely going to suffer.

BTW they need to move away from this Smiley grille and HL + Tall taillamps design language, it spoils the otherwise great designs like Vista and Aria.
Old 4th July 2011, 22:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Just a wild guess - could this be the Vista Sport? The color yellow brought it to the memory

And in the second pic - is that the Manza CS? Or it's just the angle in the pic that makes me feel the boot is shortened?
Old 4th July 2011, 23:07   #6
BHPian

The second pic has Manza CS for sure and is a scoop in itself
akhilesh51 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 23:41   #7
BHPian

Hope they don't bring refresh face lift to base model (Cab Favorite). Otherwise it will bring down Manza snob value.
Old 4th July 2011, 23:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Manza CS: Good news

The shortened boot will do it good in two ways, for one it will have a less bulbous rear and two an more competitive pricing. This should give the Indigo a volume boost.

Vista Refresh: Bad news

Ughh... I was hoping for a revised front that would do away with the traditional Indica face with something more contemporary and sportier. I believe positioning this away from the Indica lineage would perhaps make it far more appealing to most customers and give it the volumes it actually deserves. Simply using the chrome highlights of the Manza is not a refresh anymore, the Indian market has come a long way since those days. I sincerely pray Tata is taking note of this. Now that they have slowly killed the Vista, I am hoping that at least the rumored Wagon R competitor will do away with the family looks.

Last edited by shortbread : 4th July 2011 at 23:46.
Old 4th July 2011, 23:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
How can you be so sure? To me,it doesn't look much different from a regular Manza apart from the boot-lip spoiler and maybe bigger wheels. Could just be some different trim level.
Old 5th July 2011, 00:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

@ AyAn,

Compared to the regular Manza that overhang is incredibly short even at that angle, I believe thats definitely the CS version.
Old 5th July 2011, 01:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Yes your thought seems to be pointing in the right direction as I've also noticed the following changes while carefully watching the second photograph;
-Shortened Rear bumper with Small rear overhang behind the bootlid.
-Bootlid lip spoiler(as pointed out by sid).
But I'd like to reserve my comments till we get the pic of its front, as Tata have already hinted at its Reworked front than Rear-chop job, as its having Massive front overhang also infront of Radiator.
Also, Tata hinted prreviously that it'll feature continuous front design i.e Its Radiator Grille will immediately start where the Headlamps ends towards the centre.
Old 5th July 2011, 02:10   #12
BHPian

Tata, sure as hell, weren't looking to be discreet. What's with the neon yellow test cars?!
The vista is no stunner, but this "refresh" isn't helping the cause one bit. Tata already have a stunner of a design in their Vista Sport from last years expo and THIS is what they come up with? Bah!
shimoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 08:10   #13
BHPian

Some things can never be perfect, Tata Indica/Manza/Vista series may have proven itself well, however in the looks department they need some good help. Maybe Fiat should consider a makeover for the Tata Lineup.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:11   #14
BHPian

Nooo!
What Vista needs is a proper console, a price drop (say around 20K) and just 'Vista'. Not those Manza like grills; it totally looks out of place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am guessing it should be the Vista version of the Indicab.
Meant purely for the Taxi customers. Somehow that seems to be due.
Dollops of chrome for a cab version? I don't think so.

Last edited by hdnivara : 5th July 2011 at 09:15.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:22   #15
BHPian

The yellow color is making the indica look sporty.
What is it with the bumper combination for the CS Manza ? They really thought that it is a disguise or camo?

I like the plastic 'patti' on the rear of the vista but just wondering how many miles before it comes off.
Twin barreled lights are sure welcome. but chrome use could have been a little less. Tata might have thought more the chrome = more upmarket the car is going to be perceived as (remember manza elan). I will not be surprised if they offer beige colored seats and interiors.

Seeing the photos I am wondering is that photo taken in Tata only Country ? All the cars in the picture (other than the in focus ones) are Tata.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed